Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mort: Jets hire David Lee as QB Coach

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Actually Chaddy spent time with Sanchez going over Sparano's type of offense and you can see the great job he did in the way Suckchez played last season..
    SUCKchez??? Has Savage69 changed his tune about wonder boy? I recall very specifically YOU going off on me when I said Sanchez was SH*T and the Jets made a mistake in drafting him back in 2009. Now have you changed your tune????

Maybe you should have kept quiet back then.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    Tavarus Jackson anyone?
    Tavaris Jackson might be looked at considering Idzik was his biggest supporter in Seattle and Lee was his QB coach in Buffalo. These two know him the best. Anyone is better than Sanchez at this point but i'm not sure about this guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzor View Post
    Tavaris Jackson might be looked at considering Idzik was his biggest supporter in Seattle and Lee was his QB coach in Buffalo. These two know him the best. Anyone is better than Sanchez at this point but i'm not sure about this guy.
    at least Tavaris can run for his life...a much needed commodity with this teams pass blocking...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Lets hope it continues.

I hope Idzik tells Rex to just worry about coaching, disciplining, developing his team.

Idzik and the personnel/scouting depts will take care of getting the players to him. They'll listen to Rex and what he wants but they'll decide who is picked and signed
    This is exactly what I am expecting.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People were saying the same thing about Alex Smith until a competent coach (Harbaugh) came aboard and built Smiths confidence back up by knowing how to use him and correct
    (COACHING) his flaws.
    What good does it do to have a good coach if the man in charge keeps micro managing every move u make. Everyone around here wants Rex to get more involved with the offense, but i happen to think he needs to avoid the offense as much as possible.

Now he needs to managed the entire team, but the offensive play calling he needs to leave alone or atleast trust the people that were hired to orchestrate that unit .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    at least Tavaris can run for his life...a much needed commodity with this teams pass blocking...
    Sanchez was hit the 12th least number of times compared to the rest of the league.

Why do people keep saying this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

one more thing

I know Sanchez is not the guy, and have known it from the getgo, but ;

Pause for effect.

Are we seriously talking about Tavaris Jackson .

The Tavaris Jackson from the Vikings.

Is this for real.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also has some recent SEC QB coaching experience, any sleepers on the draft radar from Ole Miss?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Pause for effect.

Is this for real.
    It's called a stopgap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    It's called a stopgap.
    What r u trying to stop.

We're not winning now, so what exactly are we trying to accomplish.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Pause for effect.

Is this for real.
    I hope there is a plan B....Tav Jackson is awful...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    I hope there is a plan B....Tav Jackson is awful...
    You're being kind to the man.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Cavanaugh was here under Mangini, he was retained by rex.And while others disagree, i believe Rex never wanted Sparano. It was a decision based on the connection Tanny and Sparano had with Parcells
    You just continue to make things up and draw conclusions based on conjecture.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Agree...this is a good hire. Lee and Mornhinweg are both good with QBs. And after Sparano-Cavanaugh...Mornhinweg-Lee is going to be a breath of fresh air...as in a real QB friendly passing game.
    +1

It's a step in the right direction IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    SUCKchez??? Has Savage69 changed his tune about wonder boy? I recall very specifically YOU going off on me when I said Sanchez was SH*T and the Jets made a mistake in drafting him back in 2009. Now have you changed your tune????

Maybe you should have kept quiet back then.
    Do you ever get laid?

Not that I care. It's actually a rhetorical question.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Knicks shoulda never let him go
    Classic: ARCHIVED

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    People were saying the same thing about Alex Smith until a competent coach (Harbaugh) came aboard and built Smiths confidence back up by knowing how to use him and correct
    (COACHING) his flaws.
    The funny thing is most of the people here calling Sanchez Suckchez and wanting him gone are probably some of the same people who were calling him Sanchize in years 1 & 2.

Was he ever going to be a franchise QB who knows. Bottom line his first two years he was put in a game manager role because Rex's vision of the G&P was effective. When the Oline sprung leaks and the offensive talent couldn't support the G&P anymore in years 3 & 4, Sanchez was forced into bad situations because Rex/Shotty/Sparano didn't adapt to the fact that G&P was no longer a reality. Dan Marino wouldn't of won with the crap we put out on offense this year or with the gameplans they installed in trying to force feed. it.

Does Sanchez have flaws - absolutely, his biggest is ball security, but give him a true Qb coach , give him a true OC who is not being told he needs to run G&P and perhaps we can finally find out what Sanchez can be as a QB.
    His cap hit makes it highly likely he'll be the starting QB this year, we may as well see what he does with some good coaching and gameplans. If he doesn't seize the opportunity he's gone next year when the cap aspect of it makes more sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    The funny thing is most of the people here calling Sanchez Suckchez and wanting him gone are probably some of the same people who were calling him Sanchize in years 1 & 2.

Was he ever going to be a franchise QB who knows. Bottom line his first two years he was put in a game manager role because Rex's vision of the G&P was effective. When the Oline sprung leaks and the offensive talent couldn't support the G&P anymore in years 3 & 4, Sanchez was forced into bad situations because Rex/Shotty/Sparano didn't adapt to the fact that G&P was no longer a reality. Dan Marino wouldn't of won with the crap we put out on offense this year or with the gameplans they installed in trying to force feed. it.

Does Sanchez have flaws - absolutely, his biggest is ball security, but give him a true Qb coach , give him a true OC who is not being told he needs to run G&P and perhaps we can finally find out what Sanchez can be as a QB.
    His cap hit makes it highly likely he'll be the starting QB this year, we may as well see what he does with some good coaching and gameplans. If he doesn't seize the opportunity he's gone next year when the cap aspect of it makes more sense.
    This sane of a post may end the internet as we know it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post

Yes, sad but true.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Classic: ARCHIVED
    Oh please.

That joke was played out.....last month.