Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take away Brady and the Pats are a perennial loser...

Take away Brady and the Pats are a perennial loser...

Belichick is the most overrated coach in NFL hiatory. His supposed genius is his defensive forte but his defenses rank near the bottom of the league every year, remove Brady from this team and they are nothing.

Agree

I have said this consistently for a long time about Belicheat. Notice, 9+ years since their last SB. Pre spygate 3 Titles; Post Spygate 0

As for Tammy, smack him in the mouth with a physical defense and, as usual, he folds like a cheap suit. In other words, he's a over glorified pus$y.

Veteran
    5 win team without him... we all know it...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post

As for Tammy, smack him in the mouth with a physical defense and, as usual, he folds like a cheap suit. In other words, he's a over glorified pus$y.
    and a dirty one at that.... i still cant believe the ref's did not throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct for that "slide" he made in the first half...

All Pro
    The next best thing to watching the Jets win the Super Bowl is watching the Pats not win the Superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    The next best thing to watching the Jets win the Super Bowl is watching the Pats not win the Superbowl.
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    and a dirty one at that.... i still cant believe the ref's did not throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct for that "slide" he made in the first half...
    OMG, I was screaming at my tv. You are exactly right. But it's Tammy and NE. Any other QB/team gets a flag on that play.

Jim Nantz is still crying

You don't even need to take Brady away any more for the Pats to be perennial losers.

Without Brady Belicheat (even with cheating) record is identical to Rich Kotite's. He is a cheating scumbag - just like his fans.

11-5 with Matt Cassel at Qb in 2008. Belichick is a great coach. A suspect GM/player picker however.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    11-5 with Matt Cassel at Qb in 2008. Belichick is a great coach. A suspect GM/player picker however.
    Why do people use this to validate Belichicks coaching acumen?
    In 2008 the Patriots did not be any team with a winning record.
    The Jets beat them in Foxboro that year too on a crappy Sunday night game, I know, I was there.
    They had the easiest schedule in the league in 2008 & still had a good defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    +1

If their RB doesn't fumble the ball when hit by Safety B Pollard and quite a few key drops and if Gronk is there, then we are talking SB.

They have a very good team every year, let's face it.
    Last edited by RMJK; 01-21-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Jets beat them in Foxboro that year too on a crappy Sunday night game, I know, I was there.
    I was at the game too. They lost in an overtime barnburner to a Jets team that soon hit 8-3 and had everyone here (justifiably) having Super Bowl dreams. And now this is evidence that going 11-5 with Matt Cassell at the helm was not a huge accomplishment?

Hall Of Fame
    IIRC it was a Thursday Night game. I think it went to OT. Randy Moss scored a late TD. That was Mayo's breakout game.

That Pat team was basically the same team that went undefeated the year before. Minus Brady of course. They would have won 11 games with nearly anyone playing QB.

I still thinkn Beli is among the best in the NFL but I think even the Pats fans can acknowledge that w/o Brady there is no Belichick "genius".

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I still thinkn Beli is among the best in the NFL but I think even the Pats fans can acknowledge that w/o Brady there is no Belichick "genius".
    Agree completely. I think Belichick did a great coaching job in 2008, but put, say, Bernie Kosar or Vinny Testaverde circa 1994 on the Patriots instead of Brady and they have no more than one, and probably zero, SB titles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    Without Brady Belicheat (even with cheating) record is identical to Rich Kotite's. He is a cheating scumbag - just like his fans.
    Some posters are so enjoyable.

Take away Montana and the Niners are a perennial loser.

11-5 is 11-5, you are what your record says you are. Without his hof qb his team did not fold and should have been good enough to make the playoffs if not for a freakish year.

All League
    Damn you Mo