Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COULD THIS BE THE END???....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

COULD THIS BE THE END???....

after today's "upset" loss to the ravens, could this game become the turning point where the sports media finally jumps off of the new england bandwagon???

my guess would be from the patriots to the niners eventually...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No not unless Brady is retiring. NE will be odds on favs next year week 1 to win it all just watch. They will pick the worst draft ever and get a A+. Then replace Wes with BE and it will be called the greatest move sense they signed Moss. That is the media and NE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patsies will still be media favourites while they win 10+ games ever season, light up the scoreboards, and break more records.

Only way it's going to end is when some other team starts to beat them regularly / win the division here and there. We had our best shot recently (after the play off win) but failed to build on that. Won't be the Jets knocking them off their perch next year either.

Can't see Buffalo threatening any time soon either, so best shot is Miami at the moment ... I don't think that would make me feel any better to be quite honest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    No not unless Brady is retiring. NE will be odds on favs next year week 1 to win it all just watch. They will pick the worst draft ever and get a A+. Then replace Wes with BE and it will be called the greatest move sense they signed Moss. That is the media and NE.

BLASPHEMY!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We say this every year.

Doesn't come close, ever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Patsies will still be media favourites while they win 10+ games ever season, light up the scoreboards, and break more records.

Only way it's going to end is when some other team starts to beat them regularly / win the division here and there. We had our best shot recently (after the play off win) but failed to build on that. Won't be the Jets knocking them off their perch next year either.

Can't see Buffalo threatening any time soon either, so best shot is Miami at the moment ... I don't think that would make me feel any better to be quite honest.
    Pats will go 12-4 at the worst next year with another 1st round bye.

Now winning the Super Bowl is a whole another story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is coming back next year.

That defense will be better next year (that's a young defense.)

I said it before: They need a year to get Hightower and Jones seasoned, have Talib there the whole year, and probably a piece or two (I could see them signing Landry,) and they will be back most likely in the AFC Championship next year.

However with those RB's and that D all a year older.

I won't go so far as to say they could go undefeated next year, but I will say that the AFC East is absolutely awful. They have the NFC South, AFC North, Broncos, and Colts next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could care less who the media chooses to have a love affair with. I care about the New York Jets winning a Super Bowl and guess what? We aren't even close and New England is still light years better than us. Celebrating their defeat like we won a Super Bowl ... awesome. Something tells me their fan base won't parade around thumping their chests about an AFC Championship Game LOSS or a meaningless AFC Divisional W like many here have.

Can we ever focus on ourselves?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I could care less who the media chooses to have a love affair with. I care about the New York Jets winning a Super Bowl and guess what? We aren't even close and New England is still light years better than us. Celebrating their defeat like we won a Super Bowl ... awesome. Something tells me their fan base won't parade around thumping their chests about an AFC Championship Game LOSS or a meaningless AFC Divisional W like many here have.

To me, taking a bit of pleasure in a Patriot loss is focusing on my status as a Jet fan. The pain this year was particularly acute because of Sanchez's level of play and the Tebow factor. It would only add to the pain for the Pats to win a championship. So I'm glad to be spared that pain. And the pleasure I take in it is not remotely close to the feeling I will have if the Jets can somehow win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I was around for Namath, and I'd sure like to have that feeling again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    BLASPHEMY!!
    You like that one don't you. lol. That would seriously be my dream move. Would kill the unwarranted BE love on this site and saddle the Pats with anther dead horse WR.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellichek will do the following

Blow up his set of Wide Receivers and draft some tough, fast receivers who will fight for that ball like a Torrey Smith or A. Boldin and not worry about getting hit. Wes Welcker is not going to get that fat contract.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I won't go so far as to say they could go undefeated next year, but I will say that the AFC East is absolutely awful. They have the NFC South, AFC North, Broncos, and Colts next year.
    The point about how bad the AFC East is is an interesting point. I'm not sure if this works to New Englands favor or disadvantage. They have a cakewalk to the division and a home playoff game pretty much before the season starts while other teams are beating the crap out of each other to qualify. So does this work in their favor since they are rested and ready to go? Or is it a disadvantage as they pile up relatively easy victories and are not prepared for the intensity of the playoffs? Not sure which way to go on this but I do think it plays a part. I mean when you think about it the Pats had one "big" game this year before the Ravens game and that was against the Texans. Decent team but nowhere near mentally tough enough to go into Foxboro and win. Same thing with Denver last year, nothing more than a scrimmage. Then the big test against the Ravens, last year they passed, this year, not exactly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillafan View Post
    Blow up his set of Wide Receivers and draft some tough, fast receivers who will fight for that ball like a Torrey Smith or A. Boldin and not worry about getting hit. Wes Welcker is not going to get that fat contract.
    Wes Welker's worth drops to about 25% of what it is for any of the following QB's:

Brady
    Brees
    Peyton
    Rodgers

After that he's not worth squat. He'd be stupid not to take what he's being offered.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pig has been ripe for the slaughter for the past 7-8 years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

You are in the vast minority of Jets fans.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    The pig has been ripe for the slaughter for the past 7-8 years.
    And that pig has never been cooked.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the media will still love them, but I think the average fans in the New England area are going to start to grumble a bit because its now been 8 years going on 9 since they won the Super Bowl. Kind of like Yankee fans were in the mid to late 2000s.

I mean I bring up that Bill Simmons article after last year's Super Bowl and he said that fans would start to grumble that that there was a sense that they have "underachieved" in a way which I kind of agree with.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillafan View Post
    I don't think he has confidence in drafting WRs anymore. BB is a D oriented coach that hasn't made very many good WR picks in the last 10 years. 5 WRs in the top 3 rounds Deion Branch in 2002 being the only real hit. That may even be before he started doing the shopping. Last years WR class was exceptional in 1-6 rounds and they signed a bunch of 35+ wash ups instead. They drafted Taylor Price and Brandon Tate to replace Moss. When you look at the WRs they could have had those where a really bad picks. Add in Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson yikes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    the ravens beat the patriots not the jets.