Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COULD THIS BE THE END???....

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    after today's "upset" loss to the ravens, could this game become the turning point where the sports media finally jumps off of the new england bandwagon???
    Dear Patriots Fans:

Not all Jets fans are jealous paranoids.

Best regards,

SAR I

after today's "upset" loss to the ravens, could this game become the turning point where the sports media finally jumps off of the new england bandwagon???

my guess would be from the patriots to the niners eventually...
    No. They are not going to jump off the bandwagon yet. But you did start to hear slight criticism of the Patsies today. Things I'd never heard before like Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins than Tom Brady since 2008. Do the Patsies play "not to lose" during the playoffs. Tom Brady is not the QB he once was. He's still afraid of getting hit. etc.

It'll just be talk this season, but next season when the Patsies make an early exit from the playoffs early, the criticism will become much sharper.

The Ravens did not respect the Patsies yesterday. They were not at all intimidated. The Broncos are another team that is not in the least bit intimidated by the Patsies.

Both of those teams from this point on will never respect the Patsies like they used to. As the Houston Texans grow up they will stop being intimidated by the Patsies. I don't believe the Jets have ever respected the Patsies.

As these disappointing losses mount, the criticism of the media, fans, players, etc. will become much stronger and eventually no one will ever respect that team like they did back in say 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I could care less who the media chooses to have a love affair with. I care about the New York Jets winning a Super Bowl and guess what? We aren't even close and New England is still light years better than us. Celebrating their defeat like we won a Super Bowl ... awesome. Something tells me their fan base won't parade around thumping their chests about an AFC Championship Game LOSS or a meaningless AFC Divisional W like many here have.

Can we ever focus on ourselves?

Says the guy with the NY Rangers avy.

Jets Insider VIP

They just went to TWO AFC Championships in a row.

It is unprecedented that a team not play well after such success.

if you're not first you're last. they'll be watching the sb on TV just like 30 other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Pats will go 12-4 at the worst next year with another 1st round bye.

Now winning the Super Bowl is a whole another story.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    if you're not first you're last. they'll be watching the sb on TV just like 30 other teams.
    Exactly.

There's little difference between those who missed the playoffs and those who don't get to the SB.

They're all in the same position : Watching two OTHER teams battling for the Championship.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post

I happen to agree with that.

But why are the majority of Jets fans still proclaiming that losing two back-to-back AFCCG's is some sort of significant accomplishment?

Not too mention that was 2 and 3 years ago.

But why are the majority of Jets fans still proclaiming that losing two back-to-back AFCCG's is some sort of significant accomplishment?

Actually, some use that as proof that maybe Sanchez didn't suck as bad as everyone believes.....

...which is untrue but still.....

Jets Insider VIP

It was 2 years ago and the pats might consider trading for a real RB like Shaun Green. SG doesn't get knocked out by Pollard. He knocks Pollard down and gets a few more yards.

Please don't confuse the 10 members of the Unicorn & Rainbows Coalition with the rest of us.

We know what's-what.

SAR I

lol at the idea that there's a media-conspiracy fueled bandwagon.

Winning 12 games a season for 10 years has nothing to do with it. None.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPrisoner12 View Post
    The point about how bad the AFC East is is an interesting point. I'm not sure if this works to New Englands favor or disadvantage. They have a cakewalk to the division and a home playoff game pretty much before the season starts while other teams are beating the crap out of each other to qualify. So does this work in their favor since they are rested and ready to go? Or is it a disadvantage as they pile up relatively easy victories and are not prepared for the intensity of the playoffs? Not sure which way to go on this but I do think it plays a part. I mean when you think about it the Pats had one "big" game this year before the Ravens game and that was against the Texans. Decent team but nowhere near mentally tough enough to go into Foxboro and win. Same thing with Denver last year, nothing more than a scrimmage. Then the big test against the Ravens, last year they passed, this year, not exactly.
    as presently constructed, their only chance at getting to the superbowl is to have a bye and play home games in the playoffs. If they had to go on the road ala the Giants or the Ravens for 3 games they would never make it.

I don't know about that but I figure we got about 5 more years of B and B kicking our Jets's asses twice a year...

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I could care less who the media chooses to have a love affair with. I care about the New York Jets winning a Super Bowl and guess what? We aren't even close and New England is still light years better than us. Celebrating their defeat like we won a Super Bowl ... awesome. Something tells me their fan base won't parade around thumping their chests about an AFC Championship Game LOSS or a meaningless AFC Divisional W like many here have.

Can we ever focus on ourselves?
    Add me to this list

Pats will go 12-4 at the worst next year with another 1st round bye.

Now winning the Super Bowl is a whole another story.
    I agree, after all, who will take the crown away, us?

don't make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    To me, taking a bit of pleasure in a Patriot loss is focusing on my status as a Jet fan. The pain this year was particularly acute because of Sanchez's level of play and the Tebow factor. It would only add to the pain for the Pats to win a championship. So I'm glad to be spared that pain. And the pleasure I take in it is not remotely close to the feeling I will have if the Jets can somehow win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. I was around for Namath, and I'd sure like to have that feeling again.
    +1 (except I was 4 months old in Jan '68)

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Dear Patriots Fans:

Not all Jets fans are jealous paranoids.

Best regards,

SAR I
    Not all Jet fans ass kiss the enemy, either...

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It was 2 years ago and the pats might consider trading for a real RB like Shaun Green. SG doesn't get knocked out by Pollard. He knocks Pollard down and gets a few more yards.
    Comedic gold

Agreed... 2 and 3 years ago is an eternity in the NFL

All Pro

At the time it was an accomplishment. The reason it now counts for very little is that we never did what Baltimore and San Francisco did this weekend - take the next step.

The 09 / 10 Jets were not built to take that next step, the foundation was wrong. Those seasons were kind of "death or glory" - we're now seeing the after effects of that. Had we won one SB you could argue it was all worth it - but we didn't. Now we have to pick ourselves up off the floor and start again. And it's a long climb back.

Of the two SB finalists who did take that next step, Baltimore are a bit more like the 09 / 10 Jets than SF are ... they have a lot of seasoned guys who will / may not be here next year, and they may be hitting the end of their proverbial "window of opportunity". They'll have a lot of challenges this off season - Flacco's contract, Lewis retiring, Reed's future being uncertain. They really could drop back to the pack next year, regardless of the SB outcome. I feel that for them it is "death or glory".

SF on the other hand look much more like the rising star, a team that will definitely challenge again next year. They're young in a lot of positions. You could say they are better equipped to handle losing the SB this year, as they have a much better chance than Balt of coming back next year and winning it, with the extra motivation of having been so close two year running - just needing to take the next step.