Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I thought you needed an elite QB to win a championship?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    what gives?
    It sure would help a lot of weaker phases of the team look better. But, franchise QB can't win without a team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I think we'd all love to see a 60%+ passing, 9 INT and 2 Fumble Sanchez in 2013. It means we're probably a 10-12 win team. Just a question of if we really think thats possible for him, given his track record to-date.

And yes, he's the best option today (vs. Tebow and McEljoke). Till we aquire someone better, he's the #1. Like it or not.
    That would be an especially bad game even by Mark's standards but I can see it happening

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I think we'd all love to see a 60%+ passing, 9 INT and 2 Fumble Sanchez in 2013. It means we're probably a 10-12 win team. Just a question of if we really think thats possible for him, given his track record to-date.

And yes, he's the best option today (vs. Tebow and McEljoke). Till we aquire someone better, he's the #1. Like it or not.
    Sadly your last statement is true. I'm also worried, our options in FA and the draft look horrible right now. I would hate to see us make a move for Matt Flynn and give up picks and decent money for a guy that has played essentially 2 games and was otherwise not really valued very highly at all. Sometimes I think we stuck stick with Sanchez, pray for the best, and if it doesn't work out we'll be in a good position in 2014 to get a high level QB in the draft.

I do think we should still draft a QB this year as well. Preferably 4th or 5th round.