Thread: after the 2nd quarter the Pats got SLAUGHTERED .. this hasn't been seen before.

after the 2nd quarter the Pats got SLAUGHTERED .. this hasn't been seen before.

They lost to the Giants but a play or 2 could have changed that. When we beat them that game wasn't in doubt until the end of the game when Shonn Greene scored that TD. The Ravens destroyed them 3 years ago but that a completely different Pats team. This new elite status of the Pats and their era ... they've been slaughter proof for the most part. They were up by 6 at halftime and just got killed in every aspect of the game after halftime. Zero adjustments, out muscled, out-coached, and still trying to dink and dunk their way down the field on a team just loaded up to take their helmets off. Zero threat deep down the field except for 1 play by Welker at the end. I would like to know how they recover from this? I know they'll likely bounce back to have a solid season next year and etc but as dominant next year as in the past 2 years? I just don't see .... sorry. And I've NEVER once said their run is over and I'm not saying it now. They might still win the division next year but they won't look as dominant doing so as they have the last 2 years. The window is closing ...

I thought we outplayed them pretty decisively. Belicheck went for a fake punt he was pretty desperate. We were up 14-3 at half. The final score wasn't a blowout but the way the game was played was. We just didn't have the offense to really make it a laugher

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    They lost to the Giants but a play or 2 could have changed that. When we beat them that game wasn't in doubt until the end of the game when Shonn Greene scored that TD. The Ravens destroyed them 3 years ago but that a completely different Pats team. This new elite status of the Pats and their era ... they've been slaughter proof for the most part. They were up by 6 at halftime and just got killed in every aspect of the game after halftime. Zero adjustments, out muscled, out-coached, and still trying to dink and dunk their way down the field on a team just loaded up to take their helmets off. Zero threat deep down the field except for 1 play by Welker at the end. I would like to know how they recover from this? I know they'll likely bounce back to have a solid season next year and etc but as dominant next year as in the past 2 years? I just don't see .... sorry. And I've NEVER once said their run is over and I'm not saying it now. They might still win the division next year but they won't look as dominant doing so as they have the last 2 years. The window is closing ...
    In the NFL, yes to the point where there are 5-6 teams in the NFC who are better than the Pats.

In the AFC, probably as the Ravens have been the best team in the conference and before them the Steelers were.

In the AFC East, no, as the Jets, Bills and Dolphins are a mess and will be for a while.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    When the Jets beat them the score was misleading...in reality the Jets did dominate them on the field. Tonights game was a head scratcher for me....the Pats looked to a degree inept. Their use of the clock before the half was very suspect and they made ZERO adjustments in the second half....my fiance is from Boston and a die hard Pats fan and she is pissed. As Jets fans we have not had the Patriots success but she made an interesting point in saying that since they're last superbowl win, it's been not much more than devastating losses.

Veteran
    The window is definitely closing.

I've often wondered why the Pats didn't build the team more around WR that could go down the field in big chunks. Brady has always seemed accurate and has tons of time to throw, as we know.

I think the lack of a downfield passing game really hurt them today. Too, they were missing some key pieces in Gronk and then Ridley. They are a well-oiled machine but without nearly as much margin for error as it may have seemed.

That bend-don't-break philosophy works when they are up, but they don't seem to have the horses to really play D from behind. No surprise I suppose - it's not something they've had to do. What really struck me, watching the Pats defense on the sideline - heck, even with like 8 mins left - was the utterly listless body language. They just looked beat. And the game wasn't really over . . .

The Pats and Brady are still good but one does feel the 'magic' slipping away and other more balanced and more dynamic teams starting to pass them by.

Hall Of Fame
    Colts won 2 games last year and made the playoffs with little changes to their team....how are you so sure that the Jets cannot just turn the season around in 2013????? This NFL is not like the past years.....teams like the Colts..seahawks....redskins can turn it around...that means a team 2 years from two solid seasons also can. If I truly felt that the Jets were years away from competing, I would not even discuss or watch them till then.

Quote Originally Posted by K_O_Brien View Post
    In the NFL, yes to the point where there are 5-6 teams in the NFC who are better than the Pats.

In the AFC, probably as the Ravens have been the best team in the conference and before them the Steelers were.

In the AFC East, no, as the Jets, Bills and Dolphins are a mess and will be for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I thought we outplayed them pretty decisively. Belicheck went for a fake punt he was pretty desperate. We were up 14-3 at half. The final score wasn't a blowout but the way the game was played was. We just didn't have the offense to really make it a laugher
    they closed it to 3 or 4 ... then we came down and went down the field and on 3rd down Sanchez made that throw to Tone in the beginning of the 4th that pushed it to 10 or 11 ... Pats actually made a run against us after we dominated for a while and we needed that drive to separate ourselves. I don't even think Pats even scored a point after halftime and the Ravens pretty much did whatever they wanted. The INT's, the fumbles, etc ... all of that in the 2nd half by the Ravens D and the O dominated as well ... this was more of an a$$ kicking bro especially in the 2nd half.

Hall Of Fame
    Good point.....I am watching the highlights on NFL Network....Ravens pretty much beat them up.....I was a bit surprised how limp the Pats sideline looked with 8 minutes still remaining in the game. Every time the Pats lose there seems to be some sort of an excuse....not this time though. They are of course still a solid team but the days to total domination passed years ago.

they closed it to 3 or 4 ... then we came down and went down the field and on 3rd down Sanchez made that throw to Tone in the beginning of the 4th that pushed it to 10 or 11 ... Pats actually made a run against us after we dominated for a while and we needed that drive to separate ourselves. I don't even think Pats even scored a point after halftime and the Ravens pretty much did whatever they wanted. The INT's, the fumbles, etc ... all of that in the 2nd half by the Ravens D and the O dominated as well ... this was more of an a$$ kicking bro especially in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Colts won 2 games last year and made the playoffs with little changes to their team....how are you so sure that the Jets cannot just turn the season around in 2013????? This NFL is not like the past years.....teams like the Colts..seahawks....redskins can turn it around...that means a team 2 years from two solid seasons also can. If I truly felt that the Jets were years away from competing, I would not even discuss or watch them till then.
    The Colts, Seahawks, and Redskins found a QB. I hope we can too. Until then, no hope. Sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    Quite true but not many truly expect Sanchez to be under center for game 1 of the 2013 season.....my point is that we can no longer put a certain timetable to really say when a team can turn it around. Jets had one losing season in 4 years.....if they won 5-6 games 4 years straight then it would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    The Colts, Seahawks, and Redskins found a QB. I hope we can too. Until then, no hope. Sorry.

Yeah the Ravens really took it to the Pats in the 2nd half. Maybe I'm being a homer but I thought it was not a hard win for us. We beat them kind of easy and this was against a team that went 8-0 in the second half of the season and destroyed everybody. Although they got manhandled early, the Pats played well enough 2nd half against the Niners to make u think they were gonna be a tough out. But they weren't. Again