Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections on the AFCCG

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I'd like to think Brady extended his leg for protection.

Unfortunately, it was clearly not the case.

Pretty bush league in my opinion.
    Damn, man. Who ARE you? You've always been fairly objective when it comes to the Pats (not so much with regard to the Jets perhaps) but this is making me worried!

On a lighter note, I hope everyone on the board who gets all riled up about TX sees this and realizes that there's more to him than the facade of Jets troll he puts up from time to time. Plus, he shows up, win or lose. That's why he will always have defenders here. Heck, half of what he says is true and the other half isn't nearly as inflammatory as what we are already thinking.

I'd like to think Brady extended his leg for protection.

Unfortunately, it was clearly not the case.

Pretty bush league in my opinion.
    Wow! Pats Fan, well done. Next time you need to get drunk - which will be the playoffs next year - we'll take up a collection for you!

Response to your post

A few observations so you guys don't think I'm "running away and hiding":

-Pats offense was out of sync the entire game, especially in the 2nd half when they had multiple chances. Ravens defense did a great job taking away the seams in the middle of the field. Pats biggest need on offense are 2 WR's who can stretch the field.

-By my count, Pats had at least 10 missed tackles. Spikes and Mayo were absolutely pathetic the entire game. Can't win an AFCCG when you can't tackle.

-Wes Welker played his last game as a Patriot. Again, two huge drops on 3rd down.

-Gotta keep Ridley's ass on the bench. You don't play RB in the NFL when you constantly put the ball on the ground.

-Vereen was coming off a monster game versus the Texans and was hardly used yesterday. That's on BB and McDaniels.

-Worst clock management in the BB/Brady era at the end of the first half. After Brady's run, you have to call TO. Pats could have tossed it into the endzone 2 more times before kicking a FG.

-Another outstanding game by Flacco. He threw the ball better going into the wind than with the wind. Gotta tip your hat to a performance like that.

-Given the Ravens poor field position in the 1st half, the Pats should have had a 24-7 halftime lead. Pats did nothing to take advantage of field position.

OK, now I have to go and down a bottle of Jack Daniels.
    Sometimes when you are a fan of a team it is hard to see the real picture. You lost because you were physically beat close to death. That is what happens when a physical team plays a finesse team.

I have never seen a player get hit as hard as Welker game after game and the drops started after he was smashed a couple of times. He really should retire before something really bad happens.

Ridley may suck but you can't fault him on that fumble that was one of the best shots I have seen in a long time, he was out for the count.

When you put pressure on pretty boy he falls apart, see last 2 SBs against Giants.

You defense SUCKS and were really hurt when you lost your CB.

Lastly, your coach is a great coach but is a real as...e. It was like XMAS again for me yesterday. Go JETS!

Ravens were the more physical team, the Pats secondary is still not where it needs to be, and Brady for as good as he's been historically, can't carry a team all by himself in the playoffs.

Also he did what he has always done against the Ravens... Throw under 60%, and more int's than Tds.

Even with the best coach in the league and being at home, it's hard to win games where you turn the ball over like the Pats did.

Brady is not the downfield thrower he once was either, and is more of a surgeon than gunslinger. I hope they try to get some less shifty, more speed type WRs to stretch the field and change up their annoyingly good (gimmick) regular season offense.

Playoff wins since 2009 - Sanchez 4, Brady 3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good breakdown, Tex

Going in I thought it was going to be tough for the Pats to beat the Ravens again in the CG considering what happened last year. The Ravens wouldve won that game if not for Lee Evans.

Brady played poorly last year against the Ravens and did so again this year. Unless the opposing team is going to give the game away like the Ravens last year, the Pats will keep on losing these types of games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Good breakdown, Tex

Going in I thought it was going to be tough for the Pats to beat the Ravens again in the CG considering what happened last year. The Ravens wouldve won that game if not for Lee Evans.

Brady played poorly last year against the Ravens and did so again this year. Unless the opposing team is going to give the game away like the Ravens last year, the Pats will keep on losing these types of games.
    Pats were +25 on giveaway/takeaway ratio during the year and -3 yesterday.

When you play a "bend don't break" defense like the Pats, it is imperative you force turnovers.

That didn't happen yesterday.

Veteran
    Bottomline is when you Punch the Pats in the mouth they get "shook".

Brady should never again be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Montana again. This guy has lost 2 of the last 3 AFCCG in his own building, and should have been 3 out 3 if Lee Evans holds on to that gimmie td pass.

They are a very good team and I take nothing away from their regular season success and I do expect them to be back in the mix again next year but they are really starting to look more like Jim Kellys Buffalo Bills than the Montanas 49ers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pats were +25 on giveaway/takeaway ratio during the year and -3 yesterday.

When you play a "bend don't break" defense like the Pats, it is imperative you force turnovers.

That didn't happen yesterday.
    Exactly.

All Pro
    Is that really that surprising?

BB is an arrogant prick who thinks he is above everyone else.

I thought Suggs' comments summed things up perfectly.

Tx thanks for taking this graciously I am sure it was not easy, you were gracious when the Jets reached this game the last two times. Your team will be there for the next few years, I wish I could say the same for mine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post

Brady should never again be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Montana again. This guy has lost 2 of the last 3 AFCCG in his own building, and should have been 3 out 3 if Lee Evans holds on to that gimmie td pass.
    First off, yesterday was the Pats first loss of an AFCCG in Foxboro.

Second, if Brady had all the 49ers All-Pro players that Montana had, including the greatest WR in NFL history, you think things would have been different?

Brady has accomplished much more than Montana with a hell of alot less.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Bottomline is when you Punch the Pats in the mouth they get "shook".

They are a very good team and I take nothing away from their regular season success and I do expect them to be back in the mix again next year but they are really starting to look more like Jim Kellys Buffalo Bills than the Montanas 49ers.
    Montana always had a top defense ranked either 1st,2nd or 3rd..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Tx thanks for taking this graciously I am sure it was not easy, you were gracious when the Jets reached this game the last two times. Your team will be there for the next few years, I wish I could say the same for mine.
    The stars and moon aligned perfectly for the Pats this year when the Texans choked the #2 seed and then the Ravens prevented the Pats from having to go to Denver.

Bottom line, you have to take advantage of situations like that.

Pats just didn't get the job done.

I know this will sound crazy but give the ravens and their in game coaching a huge hand...halftime adjustments made this game...I guess you have to give Caldwell credit...

I was a bit nervous about Pearce and his Carries...kept thinking he was going to fumble...can't kill Ridley for his fumble as he was basically knocked out

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So?

Montana was hands down the most clutch QB I've ever seen. When the Niners were down late and Montana was driving, you didn't just expect him to pull it off, you KNEW he would pull it off.

He's the GOAT and in my eyes at least, that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

Brady deserves his praise as one of the all-time greats, but watching those retards on the pre-game show yesterday touting him as the undisputed GOAT made me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    In all fairness, Gronk was Brady's go-to guy but he was watching from the owner's booth.
    It does not change the fact that the Pats have no one at WR who Brady can count on in a pinch. It's wonderful to have a truly great TE, but you've got to have a WR too, and the Pats have none. Among all the WR who played Sunday, how many would you pick before you selected a Pats WR?

Boldin
    Smith
    Jones
    White
    Crabtree
    ??? not sure who "started" opposite Crabtree - Moss or Waker, but if
    not injured, it would have been Manningham.

You could credibly claim, that none of the Patriots WR would start on any of the other teams that played Sunday had Manningham been Healthy because 5 of the 6 guys are better than every WR the Pats have.

And so did Brady when they won their Super Bowls, but then again they never won a Super Bowl without cheating...

You guys really have no leg to stand on in the Montana vs Brady debate and look like fools when you still try to cling to some sort of comparison.

4-0 in Superbowls.... Montana was clutch.

Brady is proving more and more just how non-clutch he really is.

7-7 in his last 14 playoff games... Very average playoff player, sorry.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Pats not stretching the field is nothing new. That was an issue last year and they did not address it. This throwing to tight ends all the time seems like the greatest thing in the world but Brady is now Chad Pennington on steroids. 86 yard drives on 27 plays
    Maybe Brady just can't throw it deep anymore and that's the reason for their offensive scheme. Maybe he really is 35 years old. Between that Reed spike and cowering away from the defender on an interception in a previous game (someone has that gif) he is really getting wussy.

Jets Insider VIP
    And all the other top 5 defenses were in the NFC during that time.

Seriously. Montana may have had the 1st, 2nd or 3rd top defense, but then he was always facing the defenses 1 through 5 in the playoffs. The Bears, the Skins, Giants, Eagles, etc. were always at the top in that era defensively.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Pats D played somewhat typical but their offense really failed them. Brady was just not his usual self. I feel like that has been the case too many times lately. He has 3 SB wins, but since a lot of losses and mediocre performances. He's not Montana
    Montana had a stacked team and one of the best WRs of all time in Jerry Rice. I personally think Brady is better.