Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reflections on the AFCCG

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Maybe Brady just can't throw it deep anymore and that's the reason for their offensive scheme. Maybe he really is 35 years old. Between that Reed spike and cowering away from the defender on an interception in a previous game (someone has that gif) he is really getting wussy.
    I actually think your wussy comment is the most accurate. He has the arm to go deep but you have to take a shot in the chops at times when you throw deep. Whether he just wants to not get hurt for the good of the team or if he really is timid, I think it is one of the two.

In any case Tom Brady is one of the best Qb's to ever play the game and though as Jets fans we like it when he and the Pats fail I'd much rather win the division and be in the playoffs every year with a shot than be the Jets who seem to have very small one or two year windows that close quickly and then the rebuild starts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Montana had a stacked team and one of the best WRs of all time in Jerry Rice. I personally think Brady is better.
    Montana had two rings on his finger while Rice was still playing at piss ant Mississippi Valley State.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And who would have thought that Kaepernick, Ryan and Flacco would all out-play Brady?

That's exactly what happened yesterday.
    Brady did not play well, but how about considering that other guys need to chip in. Flacco outplayed Brady because Boldin made some great catches while covered. It's nice to have a WR to whom you can throw jump balls. Without even considering the lack of any WR actually "making a play", IMO the Pats would have at least had a punchers chance at the end of the game had Welker not dropped a crucial 3d down pass that hit him in the chest (hard to blame him since his hands are the size of a 10 year old). And there were other drops too.

Just google "patriots dropped passes" and you will see that almost every year the Pats have lost in the playoffs, this has been sited as one of the main reasons.

One final thing to consider. How did Brady and the Pats do when Brady had an elite WR, Randy Moss? Oh yeah, they were undefeated and lost the SB on a stupid miracle escape from a sack and helmet catch. After that game, I don't recall anyone lamenting about dropped passes losing the game.

First off, yesterday was the Pats first loss of an AFCCG in Foxboro.

Second, if Brady had all the 49ers All-Pro players that Montana had, including the greatest WR in NFL history, you think things would have been different?

Brady has accomplished much more than Montana with a hell of alot less.
    Exactly!! WTF is Belliache doing? Why does he insist on not even trying to get a great WR for Brady? Is it stupid pride? Will Brady than most assuredly get more credit than Bellicheat?

If I'm Brady, I go straight to Kraft and tell him that if he wants to win another SB, he needs to get a real NFL WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Montana had two rings on his finger while Rice was still playing at piss ant Mississippi Valley State.
    In all fairness, he did have the great Freddy Solomon on that first SB run.

The Patriots still do not have a deep threat WR, like a Julio Jones. Brandon Lloyd was supposed to be that guy, but he wasn't. Their defense is still suspect in the secondary behind Talib.

Their running backs, while good, are fumble prone, especially Ridley, although to be fair, Bernie Pollard, or as Bill Simmons calls him, the John Wilkes Booth of the New England Patriots really laid him out.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    In all fairness, he did have the great Freddy Solomon on that first SB run.
    That and Dwight Clark.

First off, yesterday was the Pats first loss of an AFCCG in Foxboro.

Second, if Brady had all the 49ers All-Pro players that Montana had, including the greatest WR in NFL history, you think things would have been different?

Brady has accomplished much more than Montana with a hell of alot less.
    I understand this. But whose fault is it that Brady does not have All-Pro players on offense?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    And so did Brady when they won their Super Bowls, but then again they never won a Super Bowl without cheating...

You guys really have no leg to stand on in the Montana vs Brady debate and look like fools when you still try to cling to some sort of comparison.

4-0 in Superbowls.... Montana was clutch.

Brady is proving more and more just how non-clutch he really is.

7-7 in his last 14 playoff games... Very average playoff player, sorry.
    Before Rice was drafted by the 49'ers Montana still had Clark and Soloman.. His regular season stats were 19 tds with 12 picks and 3565 yds.. I agree Montana was clutch but a top 3 D helps just like it helped Brady..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Exactly!! WTF is Belliache doing? Why does he insist on not even trying to get a great WR for Brady? Is it stupid pride? Will Brady than most assuredly get more credit than Bellicheat?

If I'm Brady, I go straight to Kraft and tell him that if he wants to win another SB, he needs to get a real NFL WR.
    I'm with you 100% on a WR Sonny.

Up until yesterday, the Pats hurry-up was clicking on all cylinders and I thought it would be enough to get to the Bowl.

That was glaringly evident yesterday that the Pats need a quality wide-out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Up until yesterday, the Pats hurry-up was clicking on all cylinders and I thought it would be enough to get to the Bowl.

Bwa-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahhahahaha

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahaahahah a

Keep talking

Hahahhahaahhaahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahaha

They have a 1st 2nd 3rd and 2 sevenths.

But you know what they are going do. It's what they always do.

I can not lie. I enjoyed watching the Pats lose, but I know you are a long time Pat fan who suffered through the lean years (if not decades), so I do feel for you-- a little bit. But as a pure football fan, I consider it professional malpractice for the Pats to have failed to "pair" Brady with a physically gifted WR. What the hell were they doing with all those draft picks they kept accumulating? If I didn't despise Brady so much, I might feel sorry for him because as great as he's been, he's probably better.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 01-21-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Imagine Gronk with a guy like Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson with Welk as the slot... Brady would be unstoppable... Belli has just always refused to spend big money on the WR spot... As you said earlier, injuries are no excuse but you take away Gronk, Talib and Chung and it really puts this Pats team behind the 8 ball...

Jets Insider VIP
    A few observations so you guys don't think I'm "running away and hiding":

-Pats offense was out of sync the entire game, especially in the 2nd half when they had multiple chances. Ravens defense did a great job taking away the seams in the middle of the field. Pats biggest need on offense are 2 WR's who can stretch the field.

-By my count, Pats had at least 10 missed tackles. Spikes and Mayo were absolutely pathetic the entire game. Can't win an AFCCG when you can't tackle.

-Wes Welker played his last game as a Patriot. Again, two huge drops on 3rd down.

-Gotta keep Ridley's ass on the bench. You don't play RB in the NFL when you constantly put the ball on the ground.

-Vereen was coming off a monster game versus the Texans and was hardly used yesterday. That's on BB and McDaniels.

-Worst clock management in the BB/Brady era at the end of the first half. After Brady's run, you have to call TO. Pats could have tossed it into the endzone 2 more times before kicking a FG.

-Another outstanding game by Flacco. He threw the ball better going into the wind than with the wind. Gotta tip your hat to a performance like that.

-Given the Ravens poor field position in the 1st half, the Pats should have had a 24-7 halftime lead. Pats did nothing to take advantage of field position.

OK, now I have to go and down a bottle of Jack Daniels.
    The Pats are a different team with and without big Gronk. He is Brady's security blanket.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Reading this thread makes me laugh my balls off

Tex flames every single thread he's in...Every one. But in this thread, he wants to act like one of the guys. All of a sudden he wants to have a football conversation.

Wait, why not flame some more, pal? You got nothing to say today?

What a CHUMP

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Tex flames every single thread he's in...Every one. But in this thread, he wants to act like one of the guys. All of a sudden he wants to have a football conversation.

What a CHUMP
    You have your opinion and I have mine. I've learned a fair amount of football from TX, and had more than a few laughs along the way.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    You have your opinion and I have mine. I've learned a fair amount of football from TX, and had more than a few laughs along the way.
    He only talks football on days like today...day after a Pats loss

Otherwise it's FLAME CITY

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

What a CHUMP
    I don't mind TX

I personally find it hilarious how some of you guys still take his bait after all of these years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't mind TX

I personally find it hilarious how some of you guys still take his bait after all of these years.
    So does he..