Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So is Flacco elite now?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny, just a couple weeks ago there was a thread here about if the Jets should make a run for Flacco if he hits FA. Of course he won't and Jets don't have the $, but most posters said he's just average at best.

Flacco's a very good QB. He's not at the top of the list - that's Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers. I don't think he's next on the list either, but he's very good, and obviously good enough to take a team to the Super Bowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If Rodgers retires right now is he a HOF'er? No. Therefor he's not elite yet. I'm pretty certain he will be by the end of his career barring horrible injury or a total nosedive in his career, but he's not right now. He's bee a starter for 5 years.
    He's pretty close. Warner is borderline HoF based on 5 seasons. Rodgers needs at most 2 more good years and he is a lock

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He's pretty close. Warner is borderline HoF based on 5 seasons. Rodgers needs at most 2 more good years and he is a lock
    Close to being a HOFer and being truly elite are 2 totally different levels, which is my point. We're throwing the word elite around far too liberally.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    You don't go to the HOF for 5 years of performance. Knock it off. He's a great QB and he will be elite and in the HOF when he's finished someday, but not yet.
    If he died in a plane crash he'd be 1st ballet I guarantee it. Gale Sayers really only played 5 years he made it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If he died in a plane crash he'd be 1st ballet I guarantee it. Gale Sayers really only played 5 years he made it.
    I think that's debatable, agree to disagree. He's an incredibly good QB, I'm just not ready to put him in the elite category of Qb's. to me elite is debatably top 10 of all time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I kind of agree. His resume in 5 years speaks for itself. It is untouchable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

There are four QBs who are way above the others:

Brady
    Manning
    Brees
    Rodgers

The next tier is (in the following order):

Roethlisberger
    Eli Manning

Flacco will join Roethlisberger and Eli if he wins. Either way, he's a legitimate franchise QB who is going to get paid.