Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So is Flacco elite now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The best thing about Flacco is his arm is great and he is an all weather QB because of it.

We can get a carbon copy of the guy in Glennon if we so choose in this year's draft.
    I saw him in his last game and he looked like a project to me; it would take several years before he is NFL ready.

Depends how long your list of "Elite" Quarterbacks is, Flacco is certainly top half of the league and possibly Top 10.

I would only say there's about 4 "Elite" Quarterbacks though and he's not cracking that list.

Jets Insider VIP
    Notice how much better Flacco got when Harbaugh made adjustments to the Oline mid-season and they started playing better. All of a sudden Flacco is elite.

Doesn't hurt that he's playing for a contract as well. Players typically perform better in a contract year

No he is not elite.

If he beats SF, yes.

All League
    Not elite, but very good and perfectly capable of winning the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No, and most likely never will be.

Elite? No. Proven himself to be pretty solid in the clutch, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I saw him in his last game and he looked like a project to me; it would take several years before he is NFL ready.
    Same thing was said of Flacco, in fact he was even more of a project...
    Didn't play division I football, didn't play in a pro style offense, wasn't able to beat out journeyman starter at Pitt . Didnt put up the yards or stats that Glennon did either... Honestly a lot more question marks with Flacco.

I feel like the word "elite" is thrown around too easily. Elite is being amongst the best ever, not just because you've won a couple SB's or have played very well for a short period of time. Tom Brady is elite. Payton Manning is elite. Drew Brees is probably elite. Aaron Rodgers is not elite.....yet. Eli Manning is not elite. Joe Flacco is not elite. Matt Ryan is not elite. There are guys who are very good QB's right now, but nobody is elite until their entire body of work is proven over a career.

There's that word again. Elite? Really? Omg, I just watched an ELITE video on youtube while drinking an ELITE glass of root beer.

Kill the word 'elite'. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Pretty damn close.

Remember the days when Flacco vs. Sanchez was an actual debate?

Feels like centuries ago.

Here is how I would rank them right now:

Rodgers
    Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Eli Manning
    Flacco
    Roethlisberger
    Ryan
    My top 10:

Rodgers
    Peyton
    Brady
    Brees
    Roethlisberger
    Eli
    Wilson
    Kaepernick
    Ryan
    Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I feel like the word "elite" is thrown around too easily. Elite is being amongst the best ever, not just because you've won a couple SB's or have played very well for a short period of time. Tom Brady is elite. Payton Manning is elite. Drew Brees is probably elite. Aaron Rodgers is not elite.....yet. Eli Manning is not elite. Joe Flacco is not elite. Matt Ryan is not elite. There are guys who are very good QB's right now, but nobody is elite until their entire body of work is proven over a career.
    Rodgers is not elite? Aside from the fact that he has 189 career TDs v. 46 INTs, which seems pretty decent, the gap between him and #2 passer rating all-time (Steve Young) is as big as the gap between #2 and Daunte Culpepper. Just floating that out there for you....

All League
    There is a difference between playing at an elite level for a couple of games and being an elite quarterback. Flacco has played at an elite level during these playoffs. That does not make him an elite quarterback.

Elite does mean above average it means best of the best. At no time is there more then 3 QBs you can call elite in the league IMO. It varies year to year with injuries and aging. Flacco, Eli, Ryan, and Big Ben are very good starter but not elite. Rodgers and Brady yes Brees or Manning is the 3rd. I'd say Brees but I just like him more.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rodgers is not elite? Aside from the fact that he has 189 career TDs v. 46 INTs, which seems pretty decent, the gap between him and #2 passer rating all-time (Steve Young) is as big as the gap between #2 and Daunte Culpepper. Just floating that out there for you....
    If Rodgers retires right now is he a HOF'er? No. Therefor he's not elite yet. I'm pretty certain he will be by the end of his career barring horrible injury or a total nosedive in his career, but he's not right now. He's bee a starter for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Same thing was said of Flacco, in fact he was even more of a project...
    Didn't play division I football, didn't play in a pro style offense, wasn't able to beat out journeyman starter at Pitt . Didnt put up the yards or stats that Glennon did either... Honestly a lot more question marks with Flacco.
    Glennon has a very good arm, but he doesn't have Flacco's arm. He also doesn't have Flacco's athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If Rodgers retires right now is he a HOF'er? No. Therefor he's not elite yet. I'm pretty certain he will be by the end of his career barring horrible injury or a total nosedive in his career, but he's not right now. He's bee a starter for 5 years.
    He likely would. Has a better resume then Ken Stabler right now who is considered one of the ten best players NOT in the hall. Also hold quit a few NFL records season and preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He likely would. Has a better resume then Ken Stabler right now who is considered one of the ten best players NOT in the hall. Also hold quit a few NFL records season and preseason.
    You don't go to the HOF for 5 years of performance. Knock it off. He's a great QB and he will be elite and in the HOF when he's finished someday, but not yet.