Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: So is Flacco elite now?

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    The best thing about Flacco is his arm is great and he is an all weather QB because of it.

    We can get a carbon copy of the guy in Glennon if we so choose in this year's draft.
    I saw him in his last game and he looked like a project to me; it would take several years before he is NFL ready.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends how long your list of "Elite" Quarterbacks is, Flacco is certainly top half of the league and possibly Top 10.

    I would only say there's about 4 "Elite" Quarterbacks though and he's not cracking that list.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Notice how much better Flacco got when Harbaugh made adjustments to the Oline mid-season and they started playing better. All of a sudden Flacco is elite.

  4. #24
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't hurt that he's playing for a contract as well. Players typically perform better in a contract year

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    No he is not elite.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he beats SF, yes.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not elite, but very good and perfectly capable of winning the Super Bowl.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, and most likely never will be.

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elite? No. Proven himself to be pretty solid in the clutch, absolutely.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I saw him in his last game and he looked like a project to me; it would take several years before he is NFL ready.
    Same thing was said of Flacco, in fact he was even more of a project...
    Didn't play division I football, didn't play in a pro style offense, wasn't able to beat out journeyman starter at Pitt . Didnt put up the yards or stats that Glennon did either... Honestly a lot more question marks with Flacco.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like the word "elite" is thrown around too easily. Elite is being amongst the best ever, not just because you've won a couple SB's or have played very well for a short period of time. Tom Brady is elite. Payton Manning is elite. Drew Brees is probably elite. Aaron Rodgers is not elite.....yet. Eli Manning is not elite. Joe Flacco is not elite. Matt Ryan is not elite. There are guys who are very good QB's right now, but nobody is elite until their entire body of work is proven over a career.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's that word again. Elite? Really? Omg, I just watched an ELITE video on youtube while drinking an ELITE glass of root beer.

    Kill the word 'elite'. Forever.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Pretty damn close.

    Remember the days when Flacco vs. Sanchez was an actual debate?

    Feels like centuries ago.


    Here is how I would rank them right now:

    Rodgers
    Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Eli Manning
    Flacco
    Roethlisberger
    Ryan
    My top 10:

    Rodgers
    Peyton
    Brady
    Brees
    Roethlisberger
    Eli
    Wilson
    Kaepernick
    Ryan
    Flacco

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I feel like the word "elite" is thrown around too easily. Elite is being amongst the best ever, not just because you've won a couple SB's or have played very well for a short period of time. Tom Brady is elite. Payton Manning is elite. Drew Brees is probably elite. Aaron Rodgers is not elite.....yet. Eli Manning is not elite. Joe Flacco is not elite. Matt Ryan is not elite. There are guys who are very good QB's right now, but nobody is elite until their entire body of work is proven over a career.
    Rodgers is not elite? Aside from the fact that he has 189 career TDs v. 46 INTs, which seems pretty decent, the gap between him and #2 passer rating all-time (Steve Young) is as big as the gap between #2 and Daunte Culpepper. Just floating that out there for you....

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    4,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a difference between playing at an elite level for a couple of games and being an elite quarterback. Flacco has played at an elite level during these playoffs. That does not make him an elite quarterback.

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elite does mean above average it means best of the best. At no time is there more then 3 QBs you can call elite in the league IMO. It varies year to year with injuries and aging. Flacco, Eli, Ryan, and Big Ben are very good starter but not elite. Rodgers and Brady yes Brees or Manning is the 3rd. I'd say Brees but I just like him more.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rodgers is not elite? Aside from the fact that he has 189 career TDs v. 46 INTs, which seems pretty decent, the gap between him and #2 passer rating all-time (Steve Young) is as big as the gap between #2 and Daunte Culpepper. Just floating that out there for you....
    If Rodgers retires right now is he a HOF'er? No. Therefor he's not elite yet. I'm pretty certain he will be by the end of his career barring horrible injury or a total nosedive in his career, but he's not right now. He's bee a starter for 5 years.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Same thing was said of Flacco, in fact he was even more of a project...
    Didn't play division I football, didn't play in a pro style offense, wasn't able to beat out journeyman starter at Pitt . Didnt put up the yards or stats that Glennon did either... Honestly a lot more question marks with Flacco.
    Glennon has a very good arm, but he doesn't have Flacco's arm. He also doesn't have Flacco's athleticism.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If Rodgers retires right now is he a HOF'er? No. Therefor he's not elite yet. I'm pretty certain he will be by the end of his career barring horrible injury or a total nosedive in his career, but he's not right now. He's bee a starter for 5 years.
    He likely would. Has a better resume then Ken Stabler right now who is considered one of the ten best players NOT in the hall. Also hold quit a few NFL records season and preseason.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He likely would. Has a better resume then Ken Stabler right now who is considered one of the ten best players NOT in the hall. Also hold quit a few NFL records season and preseason.
    You don't go to the HOF for 5 years of performance. Knock it off. He's a great QB and he will be elite and in the HOF when he's finished someday, but not yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us