Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What adjustments did Ravens make in upper management to get over hump?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The problem with your analysis is that the Sh!++y OC on the Jets is playing the part of the HC. Rex was the one that decided Sanchez wasn't progressing so we should use the cue cards. Rex is the 1 that decided Sanchez wasn't progressing and we should go to ground and pound. Rex is the one who decided that Sanchez wasn't progressing and we should return to the ground and pound.

Rex is the one who has stunted Sanchez's growth. When u hire someone to do a Job, you let them do it. You don't tell them how to do it and then fire them when it doesn't work. For 3 Yrs, Brian Schottenheimer tried to put more on Mark Sanchez's plate. When u do that, the player is bound to make mistakes. That's how u learn. This kid was not allowed to fail, therefore he was not allowed to grow.

I have come to realize something. If you want to develop a QB in pro football, the HC either has to be an OC or must have an OC who's allowed to execute his plan.

I miss Herman Edwards.

Now this is my man Tinstar!!!!!!

People should print this post up an read it daily!!!!

Yes Sanchez sucked big time this year but the Jets plans should be written down on what NOT to do with a young inexperienced QB!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They didn't give up on flacco after he shat the bed in his first 4 playoff games and was statistically mediocre into his 5th year.

They got some breaks against the Broncos.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    They didn't give up on flacco after he shat the bed in his first 4 playoff games and was statistically mediocre into his 5th year.

They got some breaks against the Broncos.
    flacco showed promies and didnt lead the league in turnovers.

have you seriously watched sanchez in his last say 6 games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The problem with your analysis is that the Sh!++y OC on the Jets is playing the part of the HC. Rex was the one that decided Sanchez wasn't progressing so we should use the cue cards. Rex is the 1 that decided Sanchez wasn't progressing and we should go to ground and pound. Rex is the one who decided that Sanchez wasn't progressing and we should return to the ground and pound.

Rex is the one who has stunted Sanchez's growth. When u hire someone to do a Job, you let them do it. You don't tell them how to do it and then fire them when it doesn't work. For 3 Yrs, Brian Schottenheimer tried to put more on Mark Sanchez's plate. When u do that, the player is bound to make mistakes. That's how u learn. This kid was not allowed to fail, therefore he was not allowed to grow.

I have come to realize something. If you want to develop a QB in pro football, the HC either has to be an OC or must have an OC who's allowed to execute his plan.

I miss Herman Edwards.
    Not gonna lie; I'm buying most of what you're selling here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Torry Smith in his 2nd year was a huge boost IMO. Boldin was past his prime when he came to Balt. Smith finally gives them a game breaking WR they needed to make that O better then average.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: When I was in Baltimore, we were obsessed with S.T.I Speed, toughness and instincts. If the prospect has all 3, tough to fail.

@MoveTheSticks: One key to Ravens draft success: Ozzie always makes his scouts focus on what a player "can do" and not what he "can't".

@MoveTheSticks: @dryan19 Usually Director of Player Personnel is the launching job to a GM role. That role oversees both college and pro scouting operation.

@MoveTheSticks: Here are a few #NFL nuggets from my recent talks with personnel execs/scouts: http://t.co/1HxlAuAJ
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What over the Hump? This Ravens team was a drop away from making the super bowl last year and two years ago beat NE at Home wildcard weekend.

It has been a shock this Raven team hasn't been to another superbowl. I believe QB and a playmaker on offense is the difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    I mean they pretty much stuck with the same roster only adding RB's to keep Rice from emptying the tank so early, and what else? Beliving in Flacco? Letting Flacco have more freedom? I'm not 100% focused on their personnel moves does anybody know if they stacked their O Line or got younger at linebacker or something?

I just want to know what they did as an organization to improve personnel to get over that hump. This team was knocking on the door the past 4 years and finally pushed thru. What was the key? I know Flacco's development had a huge deal to do with it and firing their terrible OC. Anything else?
    They fired cam Cameron and have great team chemistry. Never underestimate team chemistry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    flacco showed promies and didnt lead the league in turnovers.

have you seriously watched sanchez in his last say 6 games?
    So did Sanchez before the Jets decided to say the entire offensive side of the ball could be downgraded.......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Jets fans are an interesting group of moaners.

Their coaching history is pretty similar, yet we want the other guy. We have a group that downplays Rex's 2 AFCCG appearances yet somehow someone else with that same legacy is a better coach.

I could make the argument that the Ravens have had more talent than the Jets ever had under Rex, so the same title games instead of more is advantage Rex.

Not to Jets fans who always see their glass as half full.
    Well...I think Woody did appreciate the two AFCCGs under Rex. Even if most Jets fans don't. He also realized Ryan's deficiencies and mistakes too. Woody just appraised the changes that were needed, going forward after the disappointing 2012 season, differently then fans expected. Rex had Tanny as GM...JohnH has Newsome. Big plus for the Ravens that most of us can agree on.

I think Woody felt that an upgrade at GM was needed. To better control Rex. Straighten out the mess on offense. And upgrade the overall talent on the team. Given those improvements...Woody believes the Rex lead Jets can be more successful in the playoffs. With a more talented team that can score and defend. Lead by a way less TO prone QB. Rex and his passion for the game, would secure a Lombardi Trophy for the NYJ.

Fans don't want to hear this. I personally have less concern about whether Rex stays or goes. And more concern about the capabilities of the Jets new GM...Idzik.

Now is Idzlk the right man for GM NYJ? Is his vision and plan of action, going to result in building a foundation...that will make the Jets perennial playoff contenders, and a Super Bowl winner? Well...we might get a little preview on Idzik...with this Thursday presser. Of course...substantially more with how he drafts later in the year. And what type of moves Idzik is going to make...with player cuts...and with FA and trade acquisitions.

I'm more concerned with how Idzik is going to build the Jets foundation. Then I am on how the Ravens built theirs. Cause there's more then one way to build a Super Bowl winning team. I just want to know if Idzik can build it for the NYJ. I just want to feel I can believe in his plan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's SIMPLY.

If we had a decent aggressive OC (NOT SHOTTY) the Jets would have made it to the Super Bowl - I truly believe that