Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharpe Rips Belichick For Declining Post-Game Interview

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    What th hell does "class" have to do with being a successful NFL HC?

Go watch Little League if you want class.
    Class has nothing to do with it. You are right on. But it has to do what being a man. You get your ass beat in a bar you take it like a man. You don't run and hide.

What are you going to do when Bellicheck retires?

Of course, Belichick could be sipping a mai tai on the beach when any of this happens, and he's not the type to care what's written about him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Class has nothing to do with it. You are right on. But it has to do what being a man. You get your ass beat in a bar you take it like a man. You don't run and hide.

What are you going to do when Bellicheck retires?
    Again, BB has never done a post game, on-field interview regardless if the Pats won or lost.

Did he show up for the post game presser?

Again, BB has never done a post game, on-field interview regardless if the Pats won or lost.

I'm interested in your thoughts on whether Kraft would prefer that BB be a little more forthcoming. The American mindset on sports has certain principles. Among them are 1) a demand for public apologies from those who break the criminal or moral code; 2) clean play on the field; 3) congratulating the winner; and 4) speaking to the public after a tough loss, particularly from someone who has a history of winning.

Belichick openly ignores #4. To say that he never does on field interviews begs the question of why. But beyond that, certain events call for a departure from habit, and losing an AFC title game in which you were heavily favored will be viewed by many---and I'm one of them---as one of those events. I am aware that none of this matters in the least to Belichick. But I wonder about Kraft.

All Pro

Oh you mean the good old guy went and did a post game press conference after a championship game - hey good for him.

All League
    What th hell does "class" have to do with being a successful NFL HC?

Go watch Little League if you want class.
    Little League is the last place that you are going to find class - LOL.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Belichick has never done those silly post-game, on-field interviews whether the Pats win or lose.
    I hate those things. I could care less if they did them. And I'm sure it's a pain in the butt for the coaches. They have limited time at the half and they gotta stop and talk to some bimbo and go thru their list of cliche's? Geez.....

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

And in typical BB fashion, you couldn't tell if he won or lost. The guys a trip. He looks like he SOOOOOO doesn't want to be there.

best coach the jets ever had even it if was for a day or so

I would take him over rex any day of the week and twice on sundays-I would even help rex pack

who cares what he does before or after the game-it is about winning and losing-guy charged with murder won aka ray lewis and he is getting treated like he is a saint

BB, obviously upset about the outcome of the game, skips out on a post-game interview w/ CBS (yet holds his post-game press conference) and is the anti-christ. Rex and the Jets, obviously reeling after their 6-10 season, skip out on their end of season presser for several days.

Funny I certainly didn't see many fans here calling the Jets and/or Rex poor sports and scum.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    BB, obviously upset about the outcome of the game, skips out on a post-game interview w/ CBS (yet holds his post-game press conference) and is the anti-christ. Rex and the Jets, obviously reeling after their 6-10 season, skip out on their end of season presser for several days.

Funny I certainly didn't see many fans here calling the Jets and/or Rex poor sports and scum.
    You haven't been on here much have you?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hahahaha. BB is a pathetic. Pos

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    I'm interested in your thoughts on whether Kraft would prefer that BB be a little more forthcoming. The American mindset on sports has certain principles. Among them are 1) a demand for public apologies from those who break the criminal or moral code; 2) clean play on the field; 3) congratulating the winner; and 4) speaking to the public after a tough loss, particularly from someone who has a history of winning.

Belichick openly ignores #4. To say that he never does on field interviews begs the question of why. But beyond that, certain events call for a departure from habit, and losing an AFC title game in which you were heavily favored will be viewed by many---and I'm one of them---as one of those events. I am aware that none of this matters in the least to Belichick. But I wonder about Kraft.
    Great question.

Personally, I think Kraft made his bed with BB and he did deliver results.

The two can not be more opposites.

Personally, I didn't have an issue when Peyton didn't do an interview after the game last week either. With that in mind, it would be hypocritical of me to suddenly have an issue with such a thing just because it's Belichick/a Pastriot.

This falls under the "DOOOOOON'T CAAAAAAARE" category. It's just not a big deal.

Try and tell us that Belichick is a classy loser. He's probably the worst loser of all coaches in professional sports. If you don't care about the class of your coach that's one thing, but don't pretend he is something he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Try and tell us that Belichick is a classy loser. He's probably the worst loser of all coaches in professional sports. If you don't care about the class of your coach that's one thing, but don't pretend he is something he isn't.
    How about letting Harbaugh do it?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ips/index.html

The postgame conversation on the field with Bill Belichick ... Harbaugh: "I'll treasure that conversation forever. Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it's such a circus. I said I didn't know; I thought we should do it, it's just the right thing to do. And we did. He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.''

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    Class has nothing to do with it. You are right on. But it has to do what being a man.
    I feel being a man has quite a lot to do with class.

Bottom line, when i have a son I will do my best to explain to him that Bill Belichick and Rex Ryan are two of the poorest examples of how to conduct yourself. It's not just how you act when things are going well, but how you handle yourself when things are going bad. And both have failed in both situations.

To clarify, I don't care about doing an onfield interview immediately after a loss. But at some point between the end of the game and the press conference, both coaches should say a few words for the live coverage, rather than sending a player out to do it. If a coach wants to give non revealing answers, so be it, that is their right.

To compare Rexs end of season disappearance, it is just as bad, if not worse, and to have an owner tolerate/orchestrate it is embarassing. And anyone who thinks they have been let off lighter than bellichick around here just hasnt been paying attention.

I do wonder sometimes if bellichick has aspergers or some other reason for being the way he is. For a younger coach to have to explain to you that shaking hands is the right thing to do after a lifetime in the game, its laughable.