Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharpe Rips Belichick For Declining Post-Game Interview

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Sharpe Rips Belichick For Declining Post-Game Interview

Saw this was mentioned in the other thread, felt it deserved its own.

Yeah, we all know Shannon is a loudmouth and is pretty much unbearable (imo) but he's dead on here. Just because you've had past success doesn't mean you can't handle yourself with dignity and class.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ame-interview/

Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2013, 10:20 PM EST

Patriots coach Bill Belichick never looks happy when he wins. He’s definitely not happy when he loses.

And CBS analyst Shannon Sharpe has had enough. Sharpe ripped Belichick for declining to submit to an interview with Steve Tasker of CBS after Sunday’s 28-13 loss to the Ravens.

“There’s something to be said about being gracious in defeat,” Sharpe said. “We’ve seen the New England Patriots five times in the last 12 years be victorious. And we’ve seen the opposing coaches that lost come out and talk to our Steve Tasker. Coach Cowher did it when [the Steelers] lost to them. We saw this last week [when the Patriots beat the Texans].

“Bill Belichick makes it real easy for you to root against the Patriots. You can’t be a poor sport all the time. You’re not gonna win all the time. And he does this every time he loses. It is unacceptable.”

So much for the perception that CBS is the official network of the New England Patriots.

Then again, if Sharpe isn’t back with CBS next year, we’ll know why.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest sore loser in sports.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's Right!!!

And when you add in things like Spygate and his ane the Pats organization's seeming lack of contrition you realize that something is wrong with coach Belichick.

He is on the boarder as a person and he has a lot of pain in his mind and it really isn't funny anymore.

IMO the man needs help..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot stand BB and I'm glad he lost and once again.

He demonstrated a sore loser mentality by showing utter disdain for everyone including Mr. Kraft who does have class

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mumbles is such a tool!!!1

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post

He demonstrated a sore loser mentality by showing utter disdain for everyone including Mr. Kraft who does have class
    And some fine young a$$..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it is time for him to hang up the hoodie... does anyone have a bar napkin and a sharpie?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe since "spygate" he's allergic to cameras.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said this in the other thread, and I'll say it again here. It's unfortunate that it took this long for someone to call it like it is on Belichick. Belichick is, and always has been, a classless douchebag. People kill Rex Ryan for being vocal and believing in his team, but Belichick gets a pass dealing with losses like a 3rd grader? And prenteding he's above anything every other coach in the league does? He shouldn't. There should be a national media outrage over this, but there isn't. Rex Ryan's tatoo is more of a discussion point, and that's sickening.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Sharpe but he is dead on here...If Rex Ryan did that he would be getting killed right now.

Look what happened when the Jets were 3 days late with their post season media address....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I said this in the other thread, and I'll say it again here. It's unfortunate that it took this long for someone to call it like it is on Belichick. Belichick is, and always has been, a classless douchebag. People kill Rex Ryan for being vocal and believing in his team, but Belichick gets a pass dealing with losses like a 3rd grader? And prenteding he's above anything every other coach in the league does? He shouldn't. There should be a national media outrage over this, but there isn't. Rex Ryan's tatoo is more of a discussion point, and that's sickening.
    Belichick has never done those silly post-game, on-field interviews whether the Pats win or lose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I hate Sharpe but he is dead on here...If Rex Ryan did that he would be getting killed right now.

Look what happened when the Jets were 3 days late with their post season media address....
    All silent on that fraud four letter network.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Belichick has never done those silly post-game, on-field interviews whether the Pats win or lose.
    Exactly like I said, he thinks he is above it. His antics are pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As if being a douchbag all of the time is better than being a douche when they lose only?

He's a good coach but a douche. Why do Pats fans continually try to convince people that he's not a psycho, paranoid nut who thinks rules don't apply to him when his body of work says otherwise?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The biggest sore loser in sports.
    Florio? Why is he so butthurt about a Pats loss that he has to ask if Sharpe will be back next year with CBS?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post

Just curious, why do people refer to this dirty old man in this manner?

Personally, I have no respect for the guy, as much as the talking heads of the NFL want to canonize him.
    IMO, he's done nothing to deserve anyone's respect (aside for Pats*fans).
    Cry me a river about the lockout, the only thing these owners are concerned with is $$$.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. He has never had class.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    People that use the word "silly" are, in fact, the silly ones.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoys in Green View Post
    Right. He has never had class.
    What th hell does "class" have to do with being a successful NFL HC?

Go watch Little League if you want class.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should, though. It's good public relations and we know how the NFL feels about that. Much as Belichick is a social misfit, he could handle thirty seconds on camera. He can get away with not doing it because he wins.

There are analogies to Rex here. During his first two seasons, Rex was a great coach and a bit of an oddball. Now he's a buffoon. Belichick has made himself largely immune to the consequences of his poor media presence because he wins, but if and when he stops winning, the wolves will be through the door and snapping at his heels. Shannon Sharpe could be an early example.