Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Brady's attempted spike of Ed Reed

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Once again a Patriots thread dominate the Jets board.
    Whatever makes you and your fellow trolls feel at home.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Whatever makes you and your fellow trolls feel at home.
    In all fairness, this is news, not something we've contrived here at JI.

If the Patriot fans of America don't want to have their QB ridiculed, they should write to him in whatever form possible and tell him to not do what the entire country saw him do - which later he acknowledged and apologized for.

All League
    I have zero problem saying what Brady did was 100% wrong. I don't think it was his intent to hurt Reed. However I do believe it was an instinctive girly reaction to prevent Reed from splatting him and thus could've injured Reed. Brady should have to dip into the Ugg fund and pay a fine.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    I have zero problem saying what Brady did was 100% wrong. I don't think it was his intent to hurt Reed. However I do believe it was an instinctive girly reaction to prevent Reed from splatting him and thus could've injured Reed. Brady should have to dip into the Ugg fund and pay a fine.
    There we go.

I see it this way as well. And to be honest, it's not the worst thing someone has done in this league. Brady was more scared to get hit, than being malicious, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTLlaMY_9PM

Doesn't matter. Brady will be 36 years old this year and probably is playing his last season with the Pats. They may even pull a mega trade with Kansas City for him this offseason. KC gives the Pats the #1 overall pick, plus next years 1st rounder, plus players, and they take Brady's salary off the Pats hands. If that's the offer the Pats will take it and run away giggling.

If it can happen to Joe Montana, it can happen to Tom Brady.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Doesn't matter. Brady will be 36 years old this year and probably is playing his last season with the Pats. They may even pull a mega trade with Kansas City for him this offseason. KC gives the Pats the #1 overall pick, plus next years 1st rounder, plus players, and they take Brady's salary off the Pats hands. If that's the offer the Pats will take it and run away giggling.

It's a pretty off the wall idea, and I think there is absolutely zero chance it happens... but hey, stranger things have happened.

For NE to do this, they would have to believe Mallet is ready for primetime or they would have to be in love with one of the QB prospects -- and there is no way any of us know what they're thinking.

I sure as hell hope they trade him though.

This is how Tom will look in his new colors...

Wish him continued success in Kansas City (unless they play the Jets).

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

This is about the size of it. I don't think he was intending to injure him, but most dangerous/violent plays that happen aren't intended to injure. The speed of the game is such that things happen without having time to weigh the potential outcomes. Regardless of the intent, it was a dangerous move and he should be fined. The fact that it was quite girly only adds to the allure of talking about it.

But, to give credit where its due, Brady did the right thing and apologized. He knew he screwed up and manned up. Doesn't always happen that way. Reed handled it well as well.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I see it this way as well. And to be honest, it's not the worst thing someone has done in this league. Brady was more scared to get hit, than being malicious, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTLlaMY_9PM
    I remember that. The other Packers were all on board with it, even their coach, Forrest Gregg (who played for Lombardi). Some of the old Packers called Gregg on it, saying Lombardi would have never gone for such a cheap shot.

Brady should get fined 25K, be told not to do that, and let it go away. 25K for that guy is like 50 bucks for us.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post

I forgot about that. The Brady is coming off of back surgery, and the Pats due have another HOF QB on their bench.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I remember that. The other Packers were all on board with it, even their coach, Forrest Gregg (who played for Lombardi). Some of the old Packers called Gregg on it, saying Lombardi would have never gone for such a cheap shot.

Brady should get fined 25K, be told not to do that, and let it go away. 25K for that guy is like 50 bucks for us.
    Or a nickle for his wife Gisele...

Jets Insider VIP

So Tom Brady tries to injure someone, gets fined 10k.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...d-during-slide

Frank Gore's socks are too low, fined $10,500

wtf

Jets Insider VIP
    He got fined. Good result. NFL did the right thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

wtf
    LOL at that pic.

Is that Gore's first uniform infraction? Ten grand is the usual first time offense fine.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

wtf
    I thought it would be in that range - but when you put it in the context of being less than a fine for how you wear your socks, its pretty laughable.

But that's more of an indictment of the NFLs strict dress code than anything else. I'm pretty sure players get fined for not having their shirts tucked in.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I didn't like that play at all, tbh. I'd like to think it was just a very nonathletic Brady trying to protect himself, but that doesn't fly. He should apologize no matter.

But lmao at Pollard calling ANYONE dirty. He's as dirty as they come.
    "Nonathletic"? I hope you're just being sensitive there. I don't think his intent was to hurt anyone either, but what I would call it is the vagina defense. He was scared to death, and looks just like my wife and kids when they try to protect themselves from being tickled. Close their eyes and put their legs out. It never works for them, but I always tell them they are going to get themselves hurt that way. He is lucky that they didn't both get seriously injured. He knows better, and he was just protecting his trademarked face at all costs. So while I don't think it was malicious, I do think it was incredibly selfish, which should come as no surprise to people that know about "TB"tm. Anyone that wears a hat with his own logo on it has obviously got some issues.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This is about the size of it. I don't think he was intending to injure him, but most dangerous/violent plays that happen aren't intended to injure. The speed of the game is such that things happen without having time to weigh the potential outcomes. Regardless of the intent, it was a dangerous move and he should be fined. The fact that it was quite girly only adds to the allure of talking about it.

But, to give credit where its due, Brady did the right thing and apologized. He knew he screwed up and manned up. Doesn't always happen that way. Reed handled it well as well.
    See now I disagree. He may not have wanted to injure him, but it came to a choice of getting hit, or injuring another player he chose himself. Just because it was not malicious, doesn't mean he didn't intend to injure him. As far as manning up goes, I'll bet his wife made him do it, or his public relations consultant. It's easy to man up from the safety of your own home. Manning up is an interesting choice of words though, considering that his lack of a set is what separates him from Peyton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well put.

wtf
    That picture is hysterical.

And the fact that Gore was fined more for his socks being so low tells a lot about the way the NFL is run.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    See now I disagree. He may not have wanted to injure him, but it came to a choice of getting hit, or injuring another player he chose himself. Just because it was not malicious, doesn't mean he didn't intend to injure him. As far as manning up goes, I'll bet his wife made him do it, or his public relations consultant. It's easy to man up from the safety of your own home. Manning up is an interesting choice of words though, considering that his lack of a set is what separates him from Peyton.
    Couple of points:

1. Peyton Manning has never stuck around to take a hit. He hits the turf as soon as there's a guy close. Now, I have no real problem with that as he's ultimately taking care of himself both personally and as an asset of the team, but lets not suggest that Manning is like Favre back there - who perhaps had more brawn then brain.

2. I'm not going to concern myself with who made him do what. Its irrelevant. The guy did something that was worthy of apology, and he apologized. I'll give him credit for it like I criticized him for doing it.

3. I agree with your initial point mostly. He made a very reckless play/decision. There's no disputing that. I doubt he meant to injure (in fact, there was no injury) but the decision he made put someone else's health in jeopardy. I would call that a dangerous/reckless decision, not a move with intent. Either way, it was wrong.

4. Things happen in a football game in milli-seconds. What Brady did was akin to a flinch, a scared reaction. Sure, a seasoned veteran should know better, but **** happens. I have no doubt he immediately regretted it because a) he could have very easily injured Reed (and that's not the kind of player that Brady is) and b) he looked like a real b!tch in doing so (which, increasingly, IS the kind of player that Brady is).