Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady's attempted spike of Ed Reed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Can someone please post a link to that play? It's unreal that Simms and co didn't call him out for that. The irony is that Brady's a total b*tch whenever a defensive player gets anywhere close to his legs......
    That's because he's still a f*cking ***** who is afraid of getting hit around his legs. Brady putting his leg up in the air when Reed was coming should have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.

But I must ask where are the trolls like FF2 and the other dingbats trumping the Patsy horn?

I told FF2 before the playoffs even began that either team, Baltimore or Denver would beat the Patsies. The reasoning being because the NE defense is SH*T. Sure, they play great offense, but I knew that good defense will beat good offense every time. The Ravens have great defense.

FF2 ran his mouth in return because his beloved Patsy fags were getting insulted in his opinion.

Well, FF2, if your just reading this and afraid to log in, you might as well keep it that way. If you show up here I am going to sh*t on you and your pathetic, SH*T team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    It looks pretty damning to me. No doubt it was a non-call only a very few (two?) QBs get in that situation.

But to me the even more damning play of Brady was his unwillingness to scramble for the first down (or even TD) on that late 4th down play because he risked getting trucked by Ngata and chose to throw it away instead.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-englan...th-down-failed
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I know, Simms spun it that Brady was trying to protect himself which is BS.

The slide is what protects him, not spiking the defender as he is coming in.

I have a hard time beleiving that an athlete as conditioned as Brady presumably is, was unable to run for 4 yards. If he gets caught by someone that has over 100 lbs on him, then he really is as slow as ****.
    He might be tough mentally, but when it comes to getting hit, he is a gutless puke, and plays scared.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree with you. I think you are reading my post wrong.

Tammy is a pu$$y. He tried to hurt Ed Reed.
    My apologies. I stand corrected.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No other QB outside of Peyton Manning gets away with that period. If I was Ed Reed I would have feel into his leg pushing it backwards.

The NFL is so concerned about headshots and not for the safety of the player , they simply concern themselves with the resulting lawsuits. In essence they are ruining the game.

And this crap with the QB's has got to go, if QB's are going to run then should expect to get hit just like any other NFL player. The tap to the head of Kapernick was a key play in SF winning yesterday. But its so inconsistent , how many times did Sanchez get mauled last year with no flag. In fact the commercial they were airing for the pro bowl yesterday shows a Dolphins player wrapping up Sanchez around the head. Yeah, they're real concerned - for their marquee players only.

+1. San Fran basically won the game yesterday bc of a bs call against Baltimore on 3rd and long....Kaepernick was just grazed on the helmet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tammy cakes is very lucky the Ravens did not try to retaliate. He would have deserved it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Tammy cakes is very lucky the Ravens did not try to retaliate. He would have deserved it.
    the ravens got the w thats redemption no need to retaliate.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a gif of the play where he LITERALLY hides behind the ref? I laughed cuz hes not even trying to hide it anymore.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    What is up with the Red Ruby slippers he is wearing as well?
    I think those are his UGGs

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    That's because he's still a f*cking ***** who is afraid of getting hit around his legs. Brady putting his leg up in the air when Reed was coming should have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct.

But I must ask where are the trolls like FF2 and the other dingbats trumping the Patsy horn?

I told FF2 before the playoffs even began that either team, Baltimore or Denver would beat the Patsies. The reasoning being because the NE defense is SH*T. Sure, they play great offense, but I knew that good defense will beat good offense every time. The Ravens have great defense.

FF2 ran his mouth in return because his beloved Patsy fags were getting insulted in his opinion.

Well, FF2, if your just reading this and afraid to log in, you might as well keep it that way. If you show up here I am going to sh*t on you and your pathetic, SH*T team.
    So you're saying that Defense Wins.......?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    That was pretty ugly. Imagine if Reed took a hit to his knee and tore his meniscus or ACL? His athleticism saved him.
    If you watch the slow-motion clip in the link, you can see Reed's right knee begins to buckle just as starts to jump over Brady. That kick could have easily blown out Reed's entire knee.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Football hasn't change, it's still about throwing to get the lead, playing great defense and running to win.

On another note, the Media had a week of character disection after SUH hit Schaub in the groin. Brady purposely trys to hurt Reed, and not a peep .

I wonder why that is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Yes, I most certainly am saying that. The rule changes have not diminished that law one iota.

Why? Do you disagree?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I most certainly am saying that. The rule changes have not diminished that law one iota.

Why? Do you disagree?
    I actually don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he's looking at Ed's knee speaks volumes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an unbelievable dirty play... Brady should not be surprised if the next time he faces the Ravens someone like Ihedigbo goes for the kill on his knees...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Defense can Win the Super bowl game itself.

Offense gets you there. Defense doesn't help a ton when the QB and WR get breathed on funny and gain 15 yards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total ***** move from a ***** player.

I hope Pollard ends his career next time they play.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i fully expect brady to be fined in upcoming days if not goodell and the nfl are blatantly allowing the pats to do as they please.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    How about when he rubbed up against the ref while scrambling and then assumed the fetal position...
    + infinity...come on, HOF QB resorts to hiding behind the ref who looked like he was about 50 years old. A leader of men, that TB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Why? Do you disagree?
    Has nothing to do with teams consistently scoring 30+ points to win games in the playoffs. Yeah, all defense..

SEA scored 27-lost (1st ranked D)
    DEN scored 35-lost (4th ranked D)
    ATL scored 24-lost (5th ranked D)
    HOU scored 28 points-lost (9th ranked D)
    GB scored 31 points-lost (11th ranked D)
    Last edited by Snell41; 01-21-2013 at 07:39 PM.