Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brady's attempted spike of Ed Reed

Brady's attempted spike of Ed Reed

Can someone please post a link to that play? It's unreal that Simms and co didn't call him out for that. The irony is that Brady's a total b*tch whenever a defensive player gets anywhere close to his legs......

Hall Of Fame
    Definitely lifted his leg to try to spike him. I have seen Brady slide dozens of times without doing that. He clearly was trying to spike him.

Karma is a biatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Can someone please post a link to that play? It's unreal that Simms and co didn't call him out for that. The irony is that Brady's a total b*tch whenever a defensive player gets anywhere close to his legs......
    Brady is such a fraudulent tough guy. He acts tough when he's screaming at his teammates or across the field at opponents...but once he gets breathed on, he's whining to the refs for a flag. How about the play where he scrambled and once he saw Ngata, he fell right to the turf and gave up on the play.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Definitely lifted his leg to try to spike him. I have seen Brady slide dozens of times without doing that. He clearly was trying to spike him.

Karma is a biatch.
    I hate Brady and his attitude, but I have say that youre wrong here. Brady was wearing turf shoes - no spikes. He was protecting himself from getting stepped on. The announcers were correct in saying he risked greater injury doing what he did. I would have stepped on his nuts, buts thats a different story.

How about when he rubbed up against the ref while scrambling and then assumed the fetal position...

Jets Insider VIP
    It should have been flagged. Any other QB would have. Given the motion of his slide Ed Reed could have easily avoided him, or avoided contact.
    Brady made that impossible to do by sticking his leg up.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._high/12711163
    Last edited by Fishooked; 01-21-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It should have been flagged. Any other QB would have.

I think he was just trying to show off his leg warmers there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    I hate Brady and his attitude, but I have say that youre wrong here. Brady was wearing turf shoes - no spikes. He was protecting himself from getting stepped on. The announcers were correct in saying he risked greater injury doing what he did. I would have stepped on his nuts, buts thats a different story.
    How do you see that??? He did it with ONE leg and didn't even try and maneuver the other. Even if he knew he had turf shoes and not spikes on, he still tried to kick him. Asshat shoulda been flagged, as has been stated, anyone else in the league woulda been.

All Pro
    That was pretty ugly. Imagine if Reed took a hit to his knee and tore his meniscus or ACL? His athleticism saved him.

Re Brady, he's looking more and more gun-shy and afraid of a hit as he gets older. He really does look like he's desperate to avoid a hit at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It should have been flagged. Any other QB would have. Given the motion of his slide Ed Reed could have easily avoided him, or avoided contact.
    Brady made that impossible to do by sticking his leg up.

What is up with the Red Ruby slippers he is wearing as well?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    I guess we just see it differently.

IMO it doesn't matter what type of shoes he is wearing, he was using it was a weapon. He tried to hit him with his sneakers/cleats/spikes. When I said "spike him" I was referring to the action rather than the actual equipment.

Just b.c Brady was putting himself at risk doesn't mean he wasn't trying to hurt someone else.

I just happen to think that Brady knew exactly what he was doing there.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-21-2013 at 07:49 AM.

As said once in "Remember The Titans"

"Throw the flag, ref! That's a personal foul!"

"On the Quarterback, coach? Are you kidding me?"

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I guess we just see it differently.

IMO it doesn't matter what type of shoes he is wearing, he was using it was a weapon. He tried to hit him with his sneakers/cleats/spikes. When I said "spike him" I was referring to the action rather than the actual equipment.

Just b.c Brady was putting himself at risk doesn't mean he wasn't trying to hurt someone else.

I just happen to think that Brady knew exactly what he was doing there.
    Tammy clearly was trying to hurt Ed Reed. Not sure what you saw/looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    As said once in "Remember The Titans"

"Throw the flag, ref! That's a personal foul!"

"On the Quarterback, coach? Are you kidding me?"

Get over it.
    No other QB outside of Peyton Manning gets away with that period. If I was Ed Reed I would have feel into his leg pushing it backwards.

The NFL is so concerned about headshots and not for the safety of the player , they simply concern themselves with the resulting lawsuits. In essence they are ruining the game.

And this crap with the QB's has got to go, if QB's are going to run then should expect to get hit just like any other NFL player. The tap to the head of Kapernick was a key play in SF winning yesterday. But its so inconsistent , how many times did Sanchez get mauled last year with no flag. In fact the commercial they were airing for the pro bowl yesterday shows a Dolphins player wrapping up Sanchez around the head. Yeah, they're real concerned - for their marquee players only.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No other QB outside of Peyton Manning gets away with that period. If I was Ed Reed I would have feel into his leg pushing it backwards.

The NFL is so concerned about headshots and not for the safety of the player , they simply concern themselves with the resulting lawsuits. In essence they are ruining the game.

And this crap with the QB's has got to go, if QB's are going to run then should expect to get hit just like any other NFL player. The tap to the head of Kapernick was a key play in SF winning yesterday. But its so inconsistent , how many times did Sanchez get mauled last year with no flag. In fact the commercial they were airing for the pro bowl yesterday shows a Dolphins player wrapping up Sanchez around the head. Yeah, they're real concerned - for their marquee players only.
    As with any other sport since the dawn of time.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Tammy clearly was trying to hurt Ed Reed. Not sure what you saw/looking at?
    I agree with you. I think you are reading my post wrong.

Tammy is a pu$$y. He tried to hurt Ed Reed.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I thought Tom "Not so terrific" should have been flagged for that - tripping or some kind of personal foul.

That was a very blatantly dirty play.....it was very obvious that he intentionally raised his leg alot higher then he needed to with the intention on hitting Reed with his cleats.

Sims did point out that play, he said Brady could have hurt his leg if it got pushed in, no regard for Reed or Brady's voilent behavoir.

All Pro
    It looks pretty damning to me. No doubt it was a non-call only a very few (two?) QBs get in that situation.

But to me the even more damning play of Brady was his unwillingness to scramble for the first down (or even TD) on that late 4th down play because he risked getting trucked by Ngata and chose to throw it away instead.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-englan...th-down-failed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Sims did point out that play, he said Brady could have hurt his leg if it got pushed in, no regard for Reed or Brady's voilent behavoir.
    I know, Simms spun it that Brady was trying to protect himself which is BS.

The slide is what protects him, not spiking the defender as he is coming in.