Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 147

Thread: Spygate

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    There you go again. It wasn't "Congress" that asked any questions, it was the corrupt Sen. Arlen Specter who was a Steelers fan and whose largest contributor happened to be Comcast who was, at the time, embroiled with a huge battle with the NFL Network. Glasers copies of the tapes were never destroyed btw.

    But let's hear it "genius" pretend lawyer. What do THINK was on the tapes that was so egregious that they needed to be destroyed?


    And I LMFAO at the rubes who claim losing a first round pick was a small slap on the wrist. Forget the $$$ fines, they could never be high enough to truly punish a billionaire. How can you say a first rounder isn't a HUGE fine for doing something that was perfectly legal to do, just doing it in an area that was forbidden.
    One of the dumbest ideas of all time - that what the Pats did was "perfectly legal". There are no "excepts". The rule is the rule. It exists for a reason. And they broke it. Even after they were warned to stop. A rule with a purpose, willingly broken and confessed to. You don't lose first round pick for something that's borderline OK.

    And yes, a first round pick means nothing. Considering Belichick's draft record, it actually spared them salary cap space on a JAG that they would've been paying 1st round money. So in the end, they were actually rewarded for defrauding the fans, tainting their titles, stealing wins and trophies, and staining the integrity of the greatest league in the country.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    There is substantial evidence actually. Belichick continued to do it. That is all of the evidence that anyone with the capability to understand logic needs. One of the smartest coaches of all time continued to do something that he knew had the potential to absolutely destroy his reputation and everything that he had accomplished in his life. That is actually more telling than if we had actually seen the tapes. By continuing to do it, Belichick essentially admitted that the advantage he gained from it was worth ruining everything he had worked for in his life. Does that sound like some minor advantage to you? Seriously?
    Disagree (no surprise I know). BB is guilty of hubris for sure, but he had to have no idea that the videotaping would have any bearing on his legacy. To use your own words, anyone with the capability to understand logic would come to the same conclusion based on the fact that he did NOTHING to try to hide the activity. He had a staff member in team clothing, film openly on the sideline. If it was such a nefarious deed, would he do it out in the open?


    And we DID see the tapes. Glaser has copies and he leaked them. They show they were filming the defensive coaches signals, the down and distance, and the formations. All things which anyone can see with their own eyes.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I would really like to understand Goodell's reasoning behind his irreversible decision to destroy the evidence. I can't for the life of me think of one logical reasoning for doing so except to cover up something that he thought might be detrimental to the league. What that is, I have no idea and as a paying fan, we deserve to know. The decision to destroy the tapes is dubious at best. It would be foolhardy to not suspect that some form of cover-up was the driving force.

    Shady business.
    Again, reasonable/objective individuals can see right through this. You are absolutely correct, it makes zero sense unless the evidence goes right at the integrity of the sport. Notice how different the Saints case was handled? At Goodell's direction, another set of eyes examined the evidence. Why wasn't that done for Spygate? Either you are a NE homer or a total moron not to see what happened with Spygate despite what the mornic NE trolls say.

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,181
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I missed the part where Belichick destroyed his reputation and ruined his life. I don't think he would agree with that. Plus, FOX aired one of the tapes. It was predictably uninteresting: Sidelines, scoreboard, play. Repeat ad infinitum (plus, according to Jay Glazer who still has the tapes, gratuitous cheerleader shots).
    if innocuous, then why destroy them? Was it Goodell trying to display his authoritative muscles? Did he not realize it would appear to be a cover-up? I don't get it.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Again, reasonable/objective individuals can see right through this. You are absolutely correct, it makes zero sense unless the evidence goes right at the integrity of the sport. Notice how different the Saints case was handled? At Goodell's direction, another set of eyes examined the evidence. Why wasn't that done for Spygate? Either you are a NE homer or a total moron not to see what happened with Spygate despite what the mornic NE trolls say.
    Another pretend lawyer holding a sign...

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Tapes

    Now the NE trolls claim that FOX aired the tapes. LMAO. How does anyone know the evidence against NE when the Commissioner destroyed it? Did FOX have all the tapes the NFL used to penalize NE? What a load of horsesh!t. In other words, the NE trolls know their team is guilty of cheating and continue to try and justify it. Fellow Jets fans, I present to you the "Lance Armstrong" defense by the NE trolls.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    if innocuous, then why destroy them? Was it Goodell trying to display his authoritative muscles? Did he not realize it would appear to be a cover-up? I don't get it.
    Goodell has just been appointed as commish. Do you not think it possible it was exactly that?

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    if innocuous, then why destroy them? Was it Goodell trying to display his authoritative muscles? Did he not realize it would appear to be a cover-up? I don't get it.
    That is basically my view, yes. If Spygate had happened a few years into Goodell's tenure OR Jay Glazer had not obtained and leaked the tapes, I don't believe that he would have ever destroyed them.

  9. #69
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Another pretend lawyer holding a sign...
    Yes, I can't type. That's not what I went to law school for nor spend all day posting on a website to improve my typing skills like you do troll.

    Now moron, GFY.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Now the NE trolls claim that FOX aired the tapes. LMAO. How does anyone know the evidence against NE when the Commissioner destroyed it? Did FOX have all the tapes the NFL used to penalize NE? What a load of horsesh!t. In other words, the NE trolls know their team is guilty of cheating and continue to try and justify it. Fellow Jets fans, I present to you the "Lance Armstrong" defense by the NE trolls.
    You're not too bright are you pretend lawyer?

    Lets do it your way. Say the tapes showed something so egregious that it would have tainted the team's SBs, the coach, and the league itself. Goodell HAD to destroy the tapes to keep them hidden from the American public.

    Except, you can't even use your own imagination to describe what those actions could possibly be. And you have to make the leap that even though BB possessed the tapes and could have destroyed them forever, he still handed them over to Goodell knowing his black-ops serial cheating would be exposed. Right. He wouldn't have burned or edited them, nope.

    Good thing the majority of people, Jets fans included, aren't as slow witted as you.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Another pretend lawyer holding a sign...
    Mad, bro? Let Tammy take away some of your stress...


  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Mad, bro? Let Tammy take away some of your stress...

    lol...you're one twisted jimmie-rustler....

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    lol...you're one twisted jimmie-rustler....
    I'd hit it, doe.

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'd hit it, doe.
    From behind though, yo.







  15. #75
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Zero Super Bowl wins since Troy Brown, Willie McGinest, Ted Washington and Corey Dillon left, among others. Let's see you whiny Patriots haters tells us once again how it's just a coincidence.

    As to your second "point", are you splitting hairs between a handshake and an embrace? And haven't you seen enough Belichick interviews by now to know that there is no difference in substance between an actual interview and him blowing off the interview completely?

    Wilfork is better than washington. Moss Welker gronk hernandez, are better than troy brown, givens, and branch. No excuses. Also, that 18-1 year, the pats still had a good D. This is Karma... All the trash u guys talk about manning choking in the post season... Is coming home to NE. You guys couldnt even pad the stats, with a garbage TD. Hahahaha loser.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    From behind though, yo.






    I'd rustle his Tommies all night long, brah.

    #GinleyYouGayDawg

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Now the NE trolls claim that FOX aired the tapes.
    What do you mean "now"? FOX did air one of the tapes back in 2007 per the article below. (As an aside, Aiello's outrage over the league office's inability to protect the tapes as noted in the article is consistent with my view of why Goodell destroyed them).

    ESPN.com: NFL [Print without images]

    Tuesday, September 18, 2007
    Updated: September 19, 10:26 AM ET
    Internal investigation looks at leaked Pats' spy tape

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com

    The NFL is conducting an internal review to determine how a copy of the Patriots' videotape that spied on Jets signals during the teams' game ended up being aired on Fox's NFL pregame show on Sunday.

    "We don't know how it happened and we're obviously not happy about it," said Greg Aiello, the league's senior vice president of communications.

    One theory that should be put to rest is that multiple copies of the tape had been disbursed from the office and into the hands of the league's competition committee.

    "That absoutely didn't happen," Aiello said. "There were no authorized distribution of any copies of the tape from the league office."

    Rich McKay, co-chairman of the competition committee, said that he did not receive a copy of the tape and to his knowledge, no other committee member received one, either. Two other committee members verified McKay's position.

    Aiello did note that the videotape only revealed what already had been reported and ultimately what commissioner Roger Goodell acted upon when he disciplined the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

    Still, said Aiello, "We're concerned about how it got out."
    Television reporter Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3026083

  18. #78
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    Wilfork is better than washington. Moss Welker gronk hernandez, are better than troy brown, givens, and branch. No excuses. Also, that 18-1 year, the pats still had a good D. This is Karma... All the trash u guys talk about manning choking in the post season... Is coming home to NE. You guys couldnt even pad the stats, with a garbage TD. Hahahaha loser.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

  19. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    classic.

    /thread.

  20. #80
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    So moss and welker were not better than any WRs that the pats had during their SB years? Wilfork isnt at least as good as Ted Washington? You implied that the pats have had less talent now than during their SB years... On its face that is foolish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us