Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Spygate

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Explain to me how the Patriots are better on offense now that they can no longer tape defensive signals.

Explain to me how the Patriots have been to 4 AFCCGs and 2 SBs in the years that follow Spygate.

Then I'll believe that Spygate is more important than the fact that the Patriots won when they had a great defense and now they don't. Which is the real reason they're struggling.
    Explain what the 2012 roster has to do with any of the SB winning rosters?

What one team has to do with the other? Other than they haven't won since the cheating was exposed?

What is this "spygate" everyone is speaking of? I've never seen it discussed on here.

All that matters when it comes to Spygate

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    What is this "spygate" everyone is speaking of? I've never seen it discussed on here.
    LOL -- I was expecting either this or "TESTICLES".

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    My opinion is that it was one of those stupid rumors that ESPN threw out there and quickly died when ESPN had nothing to support such rumors. In fact, Mort's report specifically stated that the two frequencies was a rumor that someone told him. An unsubstantiated rumor is not facts no matter how much an "author" who got this information from a news report wants to make it.

There is no more proof of Brady having two frequencies in his helmet than aliens existing in Area 51, the Loch Ness monster living in a lake in Scottland, or a bunch of Bigfoots hiding in the Northwest so a bunch of cable networks can do endless reality shows trying to find them. In fact, there is less proof that Brady had two signals.
    Other than the fact that given their history of cheating and the endless accusations of the Pats playing with the radio links to QB's, Brady having two frequencies in his helmet is very believable.

The Loch Ness monster, Area 51 and Big Foot not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Nebraska?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Nebraska?
    LOL, was thinking the same thing. Like Switzerland, neutral?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Sorry, I don't need to listen. I read all the articles and saw all the reports when they happened. Don't need a guy who went on Google and compiled them in a book to tell me all the wild rumors that were out there at the time of Spygate.

Seriously, it has been nearly six years since Spygate and you guys are still obsessed. They should start support group for Jets fans with Patriots Inferiority Complexes in NY and NJ. Could be a huge money maker.
    A Pats troll that lives on a New York Jets site talking about inferiority complex!

Oh man this place has it all, lmao!

All League
    When did terrell suggs become a Jets fan?

Feel free to pm me. I have answered this question multiple times over the years (including in this very thread) and would be happy to rehash without further cluttering the board.
    No need, I read your silly conspiracy theory. I thought you were kidding to be honest. No need to continue down this road of discussion. Iíll stick to the facts that canít be disputed (destroyed tapes, lack of playoff success since Spygate) and you can keep being delusional.

Seems to work for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No need, I read your silly conspiracy theory. I thought you were kidding to be honest. No need to continue down this road of discussion. Iíll stick to the facts that canít be disputed (destroyed tapes, lack of playoff success since Spygate) and you can keep being delusional.

PATs lose 2 Super Bowls = complete failure
    JETS lose 2 AFCCGs = huge success

Who's delusional?

LOL -- I was expecting either this or "TESTICLES".
    Hmm. I better change my schtick up dammit.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Who's delusional?
    Do you read this site at all, or do you just scan it looking for sg3-like easy marks? The only one crowing about those AFCCG's is Rex and many here want him gone.

-

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    PATs lose 2 Super Bowls = complete failure

Who's delusional?
    I would say both are complete failures.
    The goal is to WIN the Super Bowl.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    No need, I read your silly conspiracy theory. I thought you were kidding to be honest. No need to continue down this road of discussion. I’ll stick to the facts that can’t be disputed (destroyed tapes, lack of playoff success since Spygate) and you can keep being delusional.

The bottom line is that the spygate issue is the end all- be all for Jets fans...it's a non starter because it's a one size fits all response to everything. The Pats won 2 AFC Champ games post spygate and were one Tyree miracle catch away from a perfect season. Using your logic all spygate comments would've stopped if Tyree (or Manningham in the 2nd SB) didn't make that one catch. Suuure it would have...if the Pats won either Superbowl the jealous Jet fan party line would be that they were still cheating.

whateva

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    The bottom line is that the spygate issue is the end all- be all for Jets fans...it's a non starter because it's a one size fits all response to everything. The Pats won 2 AFC Champ games post spygate and were one Tyree miracle catch away from a perfect season. Using your logic all spygate comments would've stopped if Tyree (or Manningham in the 2nd SB) didn't make that one catch. Suuure it would have...if the Pats won either Superbowl the jealous Jet fan party line would be that they were still cheating.

whateva
    Exactly! Being a Jets fan I can confirm it since I was in on the meeting regarding how to respond to the Pats actually winning post cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Do you read this site at all, or do you just scan it looking for sg3-like easy marks? The only one crowing about those AFCCG's is Rex and many here want him gone.

-
    That's not accurate at all. MANY here (besides Rex and SG3) have posted how big those games were and how they meant the team was only 30 mins. away from the SB. It's been a badge of honor. Now it is also true that many objective fans changed their opinions after recent back to back season failures. I only used it here in an on-going effort to answer those that continually say the Pats losing in the SB is PROOF that cheating is what won their earlier ones. They won the first 3 by a combined 9 points, but after Spygate they lost the 2 by 7 points. Seems that 2 freak plays were the difference, not the lack of videotape. Losses happen.

edit: if I were SG3-like I'd pretend to ignore people while making up stupid little names, while hating on everything and everyone non-Jet.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 01-22-2013 at 01:20 PM.

whateva

That's a very poor point of view. Most important play in Pats history is Mo Lewis' hit and was made by a Jet. I take a lot of pride in that my asshat favorite team has at least facilitated titles since 1968.

You don't have to thank the Jets.

We know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Do you really have to ask that question? Trolling 101. Scan a thread for the dumbest post then reply as if all Jets fans agree with said post.

whateva
    Yes, the end all be all for us Jets fans, but not for the Patriot fans who shun their own message boards to come here to defend their tainted Super bowl wins.

You Patriot fans want credit for coming close after Spygate. It doesn’t matter. Just like it didn’t matter when the Bills lost a Superbowl on an easy FG. They lost.

Just like when the Mets won a World Series when a ball rolled through Bucklers legs. The Sox lost… Just like a boxer who is winning every round of a fight and then gets knocked out in the last round. No one cares that he was winning, he lost.

There’s 100’s of examples of this… but it doesn’t matter and most people are smart enough to know this. Why you can’t grasp this concept is beyond me…

You think you lost because of Tyree’s catch, I think the bigger reason you lost was because your QB didn’t play as well as he did when you were cheating.

But you know what… it really doesn’t matter. You lost.