Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So ya think the Pats are that good..not when it counts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who really knows what spygate did to help them and at what level. Its all speculation, and jet fans love to use spygate to explain all of their success.

The bottom line is week after week, game after game, for a decade now when you knew the pats were playing your team, it caused major anxiety around the whole country. When the jets consistently go 3 and out, that polish tight end catches a wicked bullet from Brady for a crucial first down. Just look at their win/loss record. Thats the bottom line.

I love that they lost, but I'm not going to take anything away from them

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Only bitter, jealous JET FANS are capable of taking everything that the pats have done (virtually dominating at best, extremely successful at worst) and dismiss it.
    Shut up D1ck They're CHEATERS!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, must be really hard to stomach being a Pats fan

Like everyone else on this board(minus the trolls ofcourse), I loved watching them lose last night. But let's not fool ourselves and start claiming they are a flawed team. Only one team wins it all every year and if it weren't for a few drops and some better red zone play, they would be back in the superbowl.

And Tom Brady's an *******.

Carry on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Shut up D1ck They're CHEATERS!!!
    A few pictures does not explain their ability to make completions. Pictures dont cause perfect spirals landing in the outstretched hands of a receiver in the end zone. sorry jonejet

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who really knows what spygate did to help them and at what level. Its all speculation, and jet fans love to use spygate to explain all of their success.

The bottom line is week after week, game after game, for a decade now when you knew the pats were playing your team, it caused major anxiety around the whole country. When the jets consistently go 3 and out, that polish tight end catches a wicked bullet from Brady for a crucial first down. Just look at their win/loss record. Thats the bottom line.

Who really knows? I think it gives you a huge advantage in the clutch knowing what your opponent will do.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    @dikkotite
    Would you take the risk of cheating if it didn't help at a significant level?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand Tex, but I have to give him credit for taking his lumps

He's the only one, where is

CleatMark
    AFCEastFan
    Guido

ect, ect ect

I'm right here. Why do you ask?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets fans love to use spygate? The fact that Suggs is willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars to keep mentioning it should tell you all you need to know... Players think they haven't win **** either...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I'm right here. Why do you ask?
    And another standup guy is heard from..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't stand Tex, but I have to give him credit for taking his lumps

He's the only one, where is

CleatMark
    AFCEastFan
    Guido

ect, ect ect

Taking what lumps? By coming here and talking sh*t?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Why were they taping other teams signals AFTER THEY WON 3 SUPER BOWLS..... if it didn't give them a significant advantage?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    The Patriots have developed a fatal pattern of playing their best football in the regular season and their worst football in the playoffs.

Here's the evidence.

In 2007, the Patriots averaged 36.8 points per game in the regular season and finished with a 16-0 record. But they imploded during Super Bowl XLII; the Giants sacked Tom Brady five times and held him to a single passing touchdown. The Patriots only scored 14 points.

In 2009, during a playoff game against the Ravens in the Wild Card Round, the Patriots allowed Ray Rice to burn them for an 83-yard touchdown on the first play of the game. The Ravens scored again on their next possession, too, going up 14-0 after five minutes. The Patriots didn't sack Joe Flacco once all day. The Ravens sacked Tom Brady three times and they also intercepted him three times. The Patriots only scored 14 points.

In 2010, the Patriots averaged 32.4 points per game and finished the season with a 14-2 record. Then, during a playoff game against the Jets in the divisional round, the Patriots allowed Mark Sanchez to throw three touchdowns without a single interception. They didn't sack Sanchez once. Meanwhile, the Jets sacked Tom Brady five times, intercepted him once and held him to two touchdowns.

In 2011, the Patriots averaged 32.1 points per game and finished the season with a 13-3 record. Then came the ghosts. During Super Bowl XLVI, the Patriots were hit with a safety on Tom Brady's first throw of the game. The Giants sacked Brady twice and hit him eight times. New England's high-powered offense only produced 17 points all night. The Patriots lost, despite the fact that Eli Manning only threw one touchdown in the game.

In 2012, the Patriots averaged 34.8 points per game and earned a playoff bye. And, yet again, they imploded in the playoffs. They scored a dismal 13 points against the Ravens in the AFC Championship. They let Joe Flacco throw three touchdowns without an interception. Worst of all: The Patriots went scoreless in the second half.

This pattern is too clear to ignore. This isn't a lack of talent, this is a lack of leadership and preparation, starting at the top.

Bill Belichick should have his team ready to play their best football in the most important games of the postseason. Instead, the Patriots regularly look passive and baffled in these big games.

There's plenty of blame to go around, but the head coach gets the bulk
    Like I've been saying for a long time now. They are a Marty Schottenheimer special and nothing more. They win a sh*tload of regular season games and then immediately fold up like lawn chairs in the playoffs. They cannot win anything of any significance since being caught cheating.

NE fans like to say the normal defensive dumb sh*t that anyone caught cheating would say like, "Every team does it" or "it didn't give tham ANY benefit". That's a crock of sh*t.

Because while they are stroking their Patsies, they may eventually notice that their lying, cheating team hasn't won anything since getting caught. After all this time, do you honestly think it didn't have any benefit? If you actually believe that, then you are just as arrogant as you are stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You do relaize that Brady has more playoff wins than the Jets have appearances in their entire existance in the NFL?
    Brady also has LESS playoff wins than one MARK SANCHEZ since Sanchez came into the league.

Do me a favor Mike? Take your Brady stats and shove them directly up your A$$, because they are as valid as what I just posted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Brady also has LESS playoff wins than one MARK SANCHEZ since Sanchez came into the league.

Do me a favor Mike? Take your Brady stats and shove them directly up your A$$, because they are as valid as what I just posted.
    If you had a choice of a young Chad pre injury,Sanchez,Eli or Brady who would you take??

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Pats could have won

If Giselle had taught the Pats receivers how to catch Tom's balls.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagroCrag View Post
    Yeah, must be really hard to stomach being a Pats fan

Like everyone else on this board(minus the trolls ofcourse), I loved watching them lose last night. But let's not fool ourselves and start claiming they are a flawed team. Only one team wins it all every year and if it weren't for a few drops and some better red zone play, they would be back in the superbowl.

And Tom Brady's an *******.

Carry on.
    Well, they may not be a flawed team during the regular season. But they most certainly are a flawed team in big games. They get outcoached and they get outplayed. It's been happening for many years now. Now, that it has been going on this long it is impossible to simply pass off as an abberation.

This is most certainly a TREND.

They are becoming the Buffalo Bills of the 2000's.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If you had a choice of a young Chad pre iinjury,Sanchez,Eli or Brady who would you take??
    Did you read my entire post? Obviously you are hanging on what I initially posted. Stop asking me dumb questions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Did you read my entire post? Obviously you are hanging on what I initially posted. Stop asking me dumb questions.
    I was doing a sanity check..You failed..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats are becoming the Philadelphia Eagles of McNabb. LOL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Bill will finally admit hes not quite the genius he thinks he is.. He must realize now he cant just keep building his high powered O and neglect the defense.. He had some great players on D when he won superbowls.. Has none having a weak defense.. Their secondary is still a problem.. I cringe at the thought of Revis signing with Pats in 14.. If Bill was smart enough to know he good easily be the difference maker..