Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Raiders hire Sparano

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like

    Raiders hire Sparano

    Asst Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was a very respected OL coach. So long as they keep him there everything should be fine.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. Let that dope f**k up their team, too. I hate the raiders anyway.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ruck the Faiders!

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    to be honest - Raiders and jets = Retard Club

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    to be honest - Raiders and jets = Retard Club
    Historically, tough for anyone to present a counter argument.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sides are in the orbit!

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pure Lulz....

    Glad he's somebody else's problem.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good. Let that dope f**k up their team, too. I hate the raiders anyway.
    What the Raiders did was admit they screwed up by changing the blocking scheme from a power blocking scheme to a pure zone blocking scheme that didn't fit their personnel. Dmac is one happy camper today.

    This Tony Sparano hire is getting back to the power blocking scheme. Raiders were stupid that they wasted a year first signing a zone blocking Olineman M Brisiel(pure zone blocker) and drafting a zone blocking Olineman( Tony Bergstrom).

    This is the biggest mistake the new regime made trying to radically change the offense when they didn't need to. The defense was the problem and that where they should have concentrated their efforts.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    What the Raiders did was admit they screwed up by changing the blocking scheme from a power blocking scheme to a pure zone blocking scheme that didn't fit their personnel. Dmac is one happy camper today.

    This Tony Sparano hire is getting back to the power blocking scheme. Raiders were stupid that they wasted a year first signing a zone blocking Olineman M Brisiel(pure zone blocker) and drafting a zone blocking Olineman( Tony Bergstrom).

    This is the biggest mistake the new regime made trying to radically change the offense when they didn't need to. The defense was the problem and that where they should have concentrated their efforts.
    It's too bad he has the bone density of a 7 year old girl.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    What the Raiders did was admit they screwed up by changing the blocking scheme from a power blocking scheme to a pure zone blocking scheme that didn't fit their personnel. Dmac is one happy camper today.

    This Tony Sparano hire is getting back to the power blocking scheme. Raiders were stupid that they wasted a year first signing a zone blocking Olineman M Brisiel(pure zone blocker) and drafting a zone blocking Olineman( Tony Bergstrom).

    This is the biggest mistake the new regime made trying to radically change the offense when they didn't need to. The defense was the problem and that where they should have concentrated their efforts.
    I'll file your post to be re-examined one year from today. I have no doubt Sparano will be a disaster for your team. See you then.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Sparano. Its not his fault he was saddled with a buffoon for a HC and the ultimate turd at qb.

    Although the times during the game that he chose to put tebow in were mind bogglingly stupid.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I like Sparano. Its not his fault he was saddled with a buffoon for a HC and the ultimate turd at qb.

    Although the times during the game that he chose to put tebow in were mind bogglingly stupid.
    He's a terrible play caller and has no feel for that aspect of the game. He does not understand the concept of rhythm, nor does he know how important rhythm is to an offense and QB.

    Dude was just so bad as an OC it's kind of hard to believe he was even hired to begin with.

    I'm sure he will be fine as a OL coach though.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,132
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oakland's got a lot of sinners. They need Tim Tebow.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Oakland's got a lot of sinners. They need Tim Tebow.
    He'd probably get shank'd in the locker room. That organization is basically a prison.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I like Sparano. Its not his fault he was saddled with a buffoon for a HC and the ultimate turd at qb.

    Although the times during the game that he chose to put tebow in were mind bogglingly stupid.
    the ultimate turd never did as badly under anyone as he did under Sparano. Sparano excels there. From HC to OC to Oline. Lol.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's too bad he has the bone density of a 7 year old girl.
    Sure didn't have a problem running through your defense in 2011. jets defense gets another shot at Dmac in 2013.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Sure didn't have a problem running through your defense in 2011. jets defense gets another shot at Dmac in 2013.
    And he'll have injured his vagina before the 1st quarter is over. Congrats, lol.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    He's a terrible play caller and has no feel for that aspect of the game. He does not understand the concept of rhythm, nor does he know how important rhythm is to an offense and QB.

    Dude was just so bad as an OC it's kind of hard to believe he was even hired to begin with.

    I'm sure he will be fine as a OL coach though.
    Of course WRECKS was wrong to hire him as an OC knowing full well that he was not an experienced play caller.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us