Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: With all our Pats hate we should not forget that phony Ray Lewis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    In my case, I was taught to see all of this at an early age. Then I hit maturity, began to think for myself, and hit the realization that my relationship with God was simply me talking to myself

And no, I don't hate Ray or anyone else who chooses to have God in their life, I just don't need to be insulted by anyone telling me God has a place during a football game between 2 sets of millionaires. Or any sporting event, at any level.
    listen you thinking that its about GOD having influence in a football game just shows your ignorance to the whole reason ray lewis believes in what he believes..theres so many players in the nfl to bash and we find time to bash a guy who has seemingly turned his life around..its the tebow complex..i luv all of you w your skeletons(which we all have) in your closets..telling others not to forgive ray lewis from something 13 years ago!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    so you are saying you hate ray lewis because of his faith. maybe the guy doesnt give a **** what anyone else thinks. maybe the guy doesnt have a self conscience that hold so many people back. maybe the guy has a tremendous amount of confidence in himself and its thanks because of his strong belief and relationship with God. some people... partiicularly atheists have trouble seeing these things in life. i dont hold anything against you for thkinking this way, but mayble on day you will open up, see, and start believing.

amen.
    I have no issue with any faith, for as the belief doesn't influence state or government policy. Ray Lewis can believe in imaginary, invisible things and I can poke fun at him for thinking that there is a man sitting in a throne in the sky rooting for the Ravens. I used to believe in the sky daddy myself, so I do remember what it was like to be deluded. In an ironic turn of events, my searching for god came up empty and I became an non-believer. I kept dialing the 1-900-Call-A-God but nobody ever answered the phone.

Ramen.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    In my case, I was taught to see all of this at an early age. Then I hit maturity, began to think for myself, and hit the realization that my relationship with God was simply me talking to myself

And no, I don't hate Ray or anyone else who chooses to have God in their life, I just don't need to be insulted by anyone telling me God has a place during a football game between 2 sets of millionaires. Or any sporting event, at any level.
    complete opposite. as i get older and begin to take on more responsibilities and are put into more and more circumstances i can see the directions where God has taken me and have seen where he has helped. there are clues. not everyone notices them, but the more you notice the more faith you have. you just need to open up and realize there is another driving force in your life. I'm not telling you or anybody you have to but maybe one day it will take a miracle for you to start believing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    the same people who bash tebow because of his faith..just ignore them..
    No one bashes either because of their faith.

The pure, self-promoting, exploitation of their faith? Sure, we bash them for that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    It's bad enough that he got away with murder but really, NFL do you have to glorify him?
    Kind of like the Pats are glorified although they got caught cheating and we dont even know the half of the true spygate sory since only one writer was brave enough to write a book on it. One of the juiciest sports scandal of all time and so few nooks about it. Why cause sports writers knew that Goodell swept the big parts und the rug and any writers digging for information would be black listed baby.