Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With all our Pats hate we should not forget that phony Ray Lewis

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Eff you Ray Lewis, you murdering ****...2 people dead, your white suit never found...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis#Murder_trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[37]

Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[38] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[39] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[40] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.

Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000 on the basis of self-defense.[41][42][not in citation given] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

The following year, Lewis was named Super Bowl XXXV MVP. However, the signature phrase "I'm going to Disney World!" was given instead to quarterback Trent Dilfer.

On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[41]
    What does that tell you?

And since Lewis is a pro football player he has deep pockets. Sometimes it's better to pay off the leeches and make them go away then to get everything dragged out.

I'm not saying he's an angel, but murder? I wasn't there and the ones that were got acquitted so what basis do I have to argue?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    What does that tell you?

And since Lewis is a pro football player he has deep pockets. Sometimes it's better to pay off the leeches and make them go away then to get everything dragged out.

I'm not saying he's an angel, but murder? I wasn't there and the ones that were got acquitted so what basis do I have to argue?
    This is all speculation but let's just look at a few things:
    - Paying off people after a committed crime always tells you that someone feels guilty.
    - Making false confessions the day after the crime tells you someone feels guilty.
    - Hiding potential evidence tells you someone feels guilty.

It is a very shady deal here and just because the judge couldnt find enough evidence does not mean Lewis and his crew arent guilty.

And even if he is, he is still a huge hypocrite and overdramatic...

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    - Paying off people after a committed crime always tells you that someone feels guilty.
    - Making false confessions the day after the crime tells you someone feels guilty.

It is a very shady deal here and just because the judge couldnt find enough evidence does not mean Lewis and his crew arent guilty.

Agreed. And I do have an issue with someone who's "God Fearing" and wears his faith on his sleeve, but yet fornicates like a rabbit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    God was busy watching over Ray Lewis while people starve and die of AIDS related complications! He also looks the other way when people are involved in murders if you praise him. That or god doesn't exist, which is more likely.
    Grrrrrr!

All Pro
    Agreed. And I do have an issue with someone who's "God Fearing" and wears his faith on his sleeve, but yet fornicates like a rabbit.
    Agreed. It is one thing to be god fearing but if you basically scream for everyone to recognize you for years now it just makes it absolutely unbelievable...

He again pulled his phony christian show after the game, breaking down in the postgame interview and blabbering something about "god" and "sacrifice" and some other meaningless crap that the uneducated mind might mistake for eloquent bible verses...

Geez I am so sick of that crap from him and how he always makes everything bigger than it is by a wide margin. This guy was responsible for someone innocent being sent to heaven early and Im sure there is other not so christian crap that doesnt even come out...

Screw him, all time player but still a phony...
    really? im sick and tired of all the judge and jury members here or were you an actual witness when this supposedly happened?

geez hammering a guy for praying and believing in his faith.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well Ray Lewis beat the Pats. He and the Raven as they are moving onward to Super Bowl 47! Despite not liking him myself!

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    God was busy watching over Ray Lewis while people starve and die of AIDS related complications! He also looks the other way when people are involved in murders if you praise him. That or god doesn't exist, which is more likely.
    Well said

All League
    Psst, Ray Lewis: Avoid the Super Bowl after-parties

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Ditto on 95% of these posts!
    What a POS!
    Wanted the Pats* dead but the minute it ended, Lewis became the steaming pile all over again.

Go NINERS!
    Actually............whatever...couldn't care less...
    YUP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    are you guys saying you didn't enjoy the national TV cameras being focused on Ray's bent-over ass for 3 minutes straight??

yeah, me neither
    Maybe they were waiting for Sanchez to run into it?
    Last edited by Vin; 01-21-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Veteran
    In a year or two, no one will remember Rays actions. They will remember that the Patsies lost though... and so will I.

What does that tell you?

It tells me that if Ray played for the Jets no one would be calling him a murderer or a phony. I'd bet the house the majority hating on him in this thread would be praising his "phony" actions just like they did Rex and Bart before the wheels fell off the bus.

Whether he's genuine or not about his faith, it's not for me to decide or judge him on. Could not care any less.

After awhile, the whole "MOST MOTIVATIONAL GUY EVER DOE" thing gets played out. I've seen that movie too many times to give a damn about it anymore.

hate to go to trial with you on the jury.you sound like you can spot a guity person a mile away

If i helped cover up a murder I'd become christian too. All your sins are forgiven as long as you believe some guy born 2000 years ago is the son of god. Sweet deal.

I could care less about what happened over 13 years ago.....Let me repeat....13 YEARS AGO.

Whether he murdered someone or not shouldn't be an issue anymore. We'll never truly know. Case Closed.

What we DO know is that he's going to the SuperBowl to try and cap off his career with another Ring.

ProFootballMock's "QBs on Facebook" comic summed it up pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    ProFootballMock's "QBs on Facebook" comic summed it up pretty nicely.

Gotta Love Troll Facebook accounts....

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Gottal Love Troll Facebook accounts....
    No, it's a generated facebook convo. There's a site for it, it's cool. They're just poking fun at it, lol.