Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl and rumors of players the Jets like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Bowl and rumors of players the Jets like

Senior Bowl practice started today and on display was a couple of players that many have talked about on this board so it will be interesting to see what how they do this week:

Just some initial quick thoughts off of the first practice today:

Nassib (SP) QB Syracuse: Will be interesting to see how he does in this Raiders offense. He under threw a wide open receiver for a TD.

Mike Glennon (QB): Over threw a WR on a slant and was intercepted. Mike Mayock was talking about him. Florida State game this year he could be a top 10 pick, then you see other games on him and he is 5th round talent. Could see him moving up the board though.

Long (Oregon Tackle): Yes this is Howie Long's son, may end up having to move inside to the guard position but showed well

Kid out of Central Michigan looks like the real deal as a tackle. They compared him to Staley who plays for the 49er's.

The LB'ers out of Ohio State and North Carlolina were on display today all over the field. Let's see how they do throughout the week.

Trufant, the cb, out of Washington showed good man to man today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Senior Bowl practice started today and on display was a couple of players that many have talked about on this board so it will be interesting to see what how they do this week:

Just some initial quick thoughts off of the first practice today:

Nassib (SP) QB Syracuse: Will be interesting to see how he does in this Raiders offense. He under threw a wide open receiver for a TD.

Mike Glennon (QB): Over threw a WR on a slant and was intercepted. Mike Mayock was talking about him. Florida State game this year he could be a top 10 pick, then you see other games on him and he is 5th round talent. Could see him moving up the board though.

Long (Oregon Tackle): Yes this is Howie Long's son, may end up having to move inside to the guard position but showed well

Kid out of Central Michigan looks like the real deal as a tackle. They compared him to Staley who plays for the 49er's.

The LB'ers out of Ohio State and North Carlolina were on display today all over the field. Let's see how they do throughout the week.

Trufant, the cb, out of Washington showed good man to man today.
    Cant wait 4 the Draft this yr.. Jets r goin to loadup!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE

At Senior Bowl practice today I heard a large contingent of #Jets personnel speaking very highly of Stanford RB S. Taylor - They seemed extremely interested in S. Taylor as the RB who could be the replacement for free agent to be RB Shonn Greene.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    let's get Lacy from Alabama, he's a beast....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Please put post of this nature in the draft forum . You can access via the link at the top of te page.

Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post

At Senior Bowl practice today I heard a large contingent of #Jets personnel speaking very highly of Stanford RB S. Taylor - They seemed extremely interested in S. Taylor as the RB who could be the replacement for free agent to be RB Shonn Greene.
    RB are third rounder unless Adrian Peterson shows up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    let's get Lacy from Alabama, he's a beast....
    Not sure about Lacy. The offensive line for Alabama was one of the best in college football history.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Not sure about Lacy. The offensive line for Alabama was one of the best in college football history.
    They definitely were, but take a look at some of the hits he put on LB in the SEC... He's a beast. He has a few yards after most of the plays that I've seen. Really think he's going to have a good career in the NFL. Reminds me of a Steelers type of back usually...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    They definitely were, but take a look at some of the hits he put on LB in the SEC... He's a beast. He has a few yards after most of the plays that I've seen. Really think he's going to have a good career in the NFL. Reminds me of a Steelers type of back usually...
    It will be really hard to see Lacy even make the first round

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony tweeted something about the JETS looking at Stepfan Taylor. I'd be happy with him in the 4th.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    It will be really hard to see Lacy even make the first round
    Even better, trade down, more pics.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taylor looks pretty good he will probably go in 2 or 3.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Taylor looks pretty good he will probably go in 2 or 3.
    With our new OC and the system he runs it's vital to have a runningback that can both run traditionally but also be a superior threat out of the back field.

The two top candidates for this role IMO are Stefan Taylor and Gio Benard out of UNC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post

I like Taylor. He does everything well. Can catch the ball out of the backfield, excellent at picking up the blitz, has good size and is a good runner.

I think he will go late 2nd/early 3rd round

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Tony tweeted something about the JETS looking at Stepfan Taylor. I'd be happy with him in the 4th.
    He wont be there

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see John Jenkins weighed in at 359lbs..
    Ever since Kris Jenkins left we havent had a dominant NT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I like Taylor. He does everything well. Can catch the ball out of the backfield, excellent at picking up the blitz, has good size and is a good runner.

I think he will go late 2nd/early 3rd round
    I had the jets taking him in the 3rd round when I did my first mock a couple weeks ago.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I had the jets taking him in the 3rd round when I did my first mock a couple weeks ago.
    I think its good for us that the Senior Bowl is first and then the combine.

Taylor probably wont wow anyone at the combine, which should hopefully allow him to fade a bit and potentially be available in the top of the 3rd round.

Seems like there are going to be a lot of safeties in this draft...hopefully we can address that position in the later rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    walterfootball and nfldraftcoundown have combined to do some good reporting on individual players' workouts at the practices. Worth checking out. You can see both links here:

http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013.php

The QBs all were very inconsistent at best, sad to say.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup!! Jets have to strike gold early and often in this draft