Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senior Bowl and rumors of players the Jets like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I see John Jenkins weighed in at 359lbs..
    Ever since Kris Jenkins left we havent had a dominant NT
    No thanx bc 360 lb NT is to much weight on knees. He wont last long at that kind of weight. 330-340 is tops for these players..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    walterfootball and nfldraftcoundown have combined to do some good reporting on individual players' workouts at the practices. Worth checking out. You can see both links here:

http://www.walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013.php

The QBs all were very inconsistent at best, sad to say.
    @MoveTheSticks: RT @ryanalf17: How about Dysert? > hasn't looked great in practice. More of a gamer. Little disappointed in the lack of velocity/accuracy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I see John Jenkins weighed in at 359lbs..
    Ever since Kris Jenkins left we havent had a dominant NT
    The line has been better with Pouha than with Jenkins, and we have Ellis. after DE it's the last position of need.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The line has been better with Pouha than with Jenkins, and we have Ellis. after DE it's the last position of need.
    Pouha will be interesting. The team is clearly much better with a healthy Pouha, but he seemed to be hurt all year. If he looks to be healthy, then they probably keep him. But, if that's not a certainty, he may get cut. If that's the case, and DeVito is also gone, then NT isn't really filled. I'd much rather pick up a vet as Ellis is hardly seasoned, but drafting a mid rounder is not out of the realm of possibility.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Pouha will be interesting. The team is clearly much better with a healthy Pouha, but he seemed to be hurt all year. If he looks to be healthy, then they probably keep him. But, if that's not a certainty, he may get cut. If that's the case, and DeVito is also gone, then NT isn't really filled. I'd much rather pick up a vet as Ellis is hardly seasoned, but drafting a mid rounder is not out of the realm of possibility.
    I think Pouha is at the end of the line. I was just responding to the guy that said we haven't had a dominant DT since Jenkins. Being doubled and holding your ground is the definition of dominant for a NG. That said I think his back is an issue, and at his age it'll probably always be so, and we can't afford to risk the $ it will cost to keep him. Ellis is going to be a beast. We could use a veteran, but we certainly don't need to use a high draft pick on another interior lineman. We need an OLB. Dion Jordan is the guy I want. I'm tired of taking athletic 43 DEs and hoping the can play 34 OLB. This guy is 6'7" and can play standing up, or with his hand down. He can play in space. Hell they even used him on slot receivers all the time. He'd be perfect for our hybrid defense, and for the Pats no huddle. Move Coples inside and put Jordan at rush end on passing downs. Then we have safeties that can play LB. DEs that can play DT, and an OLB that can play safety, or DE. I'm afraid Pettine is gonna snatch him up right ahead of us, but if he does that I'll be happy with Jarvis Jones as well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I think even healthy, Pouha is a candidate for either re-working his $3.8M cap hit next year or getting cut. I think Ellis may dictate the aggressiveness of the FO. If he shows up to minicamp out of shape, the Jets will be forced to stay with Pouha and his large cap hit. Hopefully Ellis comes shows up.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    EJ Mannuel showed up for this game.

Comparisons are EJ Mannuel= Colin Kapernick

Glennon= Flacco

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post

Glennon= Flacco
    Manuel is nowhere close to the athlete as Kapernick.. aND Glennon has a strong arm, but compared to Flacco? Not even close... What game did you watch?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post

Glennon= Flacco
    I don't know how Flacco and CK looked at their senior bowls - but Manuel doesn't appear to have half the arm CK has and Glennon has very undisciplined body movement and throwing motion.

Smith will be gone when the Jets pick and today's view of the rest of the field has convinced me 100% that the Jets aren't going QB with their first pick.

These QBs are mostly 3/4 round talents = backups unless they get lucky wih their development or career path.
    Last edited by adpz; 01-26-2013 at 09:41 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Manuel is nowhere close to the athlete as Kapernick.. aND Glennon has a strong arm, but compared to Flacco? Not even close... What game did you watch?
    The announcers were saying thatin the 2nd half about the game today. They said if this was the SB, that Glennon would be Flacco and Manuel would be KaepRnix.. Pretty good comparison imo..