Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's say Geno is available at #9

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's say Geno is available at #9

Would you pick him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, that means he sux! There r a bunch of good Qb's to choose from in this draft

1 Glennon
    2 Bray
    3 Manuel
    4 Nassib
    5 Jones
    6 Dysert
    7 Smith
    8 Barkley
    9 Wilson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    No, that means he sux! There r a bunch of good Qb's to choose from in this draft

1 Glennon
    2 Bray
    3 Manuel
    4 Nassib
    5 Jones
    6 Dysert
    7 Smith
    8 Barkley
    9 Wilson
    Sort of true, if he slips all the way to 9 with a few teams desperately needing a QB selecting before the Jets, what's it say about him?

No QBs taken by 9, then trade back in rd. 1 or hold off until rd. 2. Even rd. 3 will have a decent QB where the Jets are picking.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes

He's actually a petfect fit for the WCO.

Very accurate, good decision maker, mobile, and he has a good arm.

I don't think he'll ever be an "elite" QB but I think he could have a long career as a Top 15 guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the second or third round is a better place to pick a qb in this draft class.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I think the second or third round is a better place to pick a qb in this draft class.
    Definitely!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: This draft might lack star power at the top but the depth is outstanding. Great year to stockpile 3rd/4th round picks. Ton of NFL starters

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes

He's actually a petfect fit for the WCO.

Very accurate, good decision maker, mobile, and he has a good arm.

I don't think he'll ever be an "elite" QB but I think he could have a long career as a Top 15 guy.
    I would take him as well and I agree about his ceiling, although I think he could turn into a top 10 guy. He needs some work on his mechanics, but he could ultimately turn into a McNabb type (which is a good thing).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, absolutely.

I'm not even a Geno Smith fan, but if he's there at 9 then we better take him. He has a significantly better chance of panning out than any other QB in this class. I think there's a substantial drop from Smith down to Barkley, and another drop after that.

It's amazing the way that people can talk themselves into mid round QB prospects. Smith is the only QB coming out this year that even has a 25% chance of ever being a top 10 QB. He's also the only guy that would be good enough to start on opening day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we'd be stupid not too. The best QB in the draft falls to you at 9 and you NEEED a QB you take him. I could care less why other teams passed. This would be Coples all over again. The press would give us a C and we'd have our Franchise QB finally. Not saying he is a sure thing but better then a lot of #1 overalls taken in the last decade.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Aaron Rogers sux then. Dan Marino used to suck then.

1 Glennon
    2 Bray
    3 Manuel
    4 Nassib
    5 Jones
    6 Dysert
    7 Smith
    8 Barkley
    9 Wilson

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but he will be a KC Chief Andy Reid is obsessed with QBs like Geno he will be gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is, I'd be fine if they took him but I think trading down would be ideal.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not at #9 with the rookie pay scale in place. We'd be committing too much cap space to QBs (for this year at least). Besides, I'm not too sold in him. Does not extend the play and does not come off his first read well. I think Dysert/Manuel in the early 2nd are just fine and could work well in Mornhinweg's system

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'd never be a member of any club that would choose to have me as a member!"

(by your logic, anyone available to the Jets sucks)

BTW, this is actually a bad draft class for QBs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    I guess Aaron Rogers sux then. Dan Marino used to suck then.
    dont put words in my mouth..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Not at #9 with the rookie pay scale in place. We'd be committing too much cap space to QBs (for this year at least). Besides, I'm not too sold in him. Does not extend the play and does not come off his first read well. I think Dysert/Manuel in the early 2nd are just fine and could work well in Mornhinweg's system
    The biggest reason to draft a QB is the new pay scale. Would you rather pay Moore 3 years 10 mil or a rookie QB who has a shot at being your Franchise? It is a no brainer IMO. I'd rather have the rook. You will not get a better option cheaper.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The biggest reason to draft a QB is the new pay scale. Would you rather pay Moore 3 years 10 mil or a rookie QB who has a shot at being your Franchise? It is a no brainer IMO. I'd rather have the rook. You will not get a better option cheaper.
    GeNOOOOO SMITH HAS bust written ALL OVER HIM @#9. literally!!! Plenty of qb's to choose from so jets dont hav to reach..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    GeNOOOOO SMITH HAS bust written ALL OVER HIM @#9. literally!!! Plenty of qb's to choose from so jets dont hav to reach..
    Geno is ranked 14 on CBS right now. 9 is not reaching. He is the same kind of prospect Stafford was. You may not like him but he certainly has the value at 9. It is not a reach at all. This is a deep QB class getting the best one should be top on our list if he is there at 9. Personally I agree he has a high bust potential but he also has a high up side. If you never take a QB because your "not getting value". Youll never get a QB. Next year QB class will not be better. Maybe not even the year after that. Do it now get it done and give us hope again. 2-3 years with Jason Campbell is like the 80s all over again. The guy your getting in the 2nd will not have the same potential as him.