Thread: Rob Ninkovich on NE's dynasty: "That whole era is over with. It's gone."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob Ninkovich on NE's dynasty: "That whole era is over with. It's gone."

"That whole era is over with. It's gone," said Ninkovich of the New England teams that won Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX, via WEEI.com. "So this is a whole new team. It's a different bunch of guys. We all have to experience it and learn for ourselves what it's like. Getting in the Super Bowl last year and losing left a bad taste in my mouth.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...at-era-is-gone

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats good he's realizing it. They havent been the same the last 4-5 years in the playoffs.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, that tainted spygate dynasty is left on the scrap heep of history along with Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least Lance contributed something to Society with his charity work toward combating cancer....even if he did cheat to do it.

But everyone else....Bonds....Bellichoke....Spygate.....yeah.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    they should try cheating, its worked for them in the past

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninkovich didn't have a great game yesterday...seems to kill us though....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady and Wilfork are the only guys from the 2004 SB still on the team unless I'm forgetting someone. They've got different position coaches, a different personnel guy, different schemes on defense and offense, etc.

Nink's dead on and anyone who watches the Pats sees a team that is more like the early 2000s Colts than the early 2000s Patriots. High powered offense lacking the defense necessary to get you over the hump in the post season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Outside of Wilfork, Nink is the best defensive player on that team.

Have to say, watching the Pats lose like that really took a way a lot of the sting from this past year. This will be the best SB for Jets fans in a while, no NE, no Giants and no bitter taste from having just lost an AFCCG.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you expect

The Pats are never the same team each year because Bellichek cuts, trades or just lets go through FA market, 30 to 40 percent of the team each year. The only people who remain on the team is Brady and the owner, Kraft-Bellichek can't trade them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Ninkovich didn't have a great game yesterday...seems to kill us though....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    What game were you watching?

Not to mention, the guy seems to be a turnover forcing machine, everytime you watch a game he seems to come up with at least one turnover, and it usually happens at a most critical point in the game, not to mention the fact that the guy can legitimately rush the passer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady is 36 and he hasn't won a superbowl since he was 27. What I found the most insulting was the fact that so many people said Brady was the best QB in the NFL ever. I agree that Brady can be good but really great QB's excel when they need to so they can win the big game. There is a very good chance Welker won't be back next year so we will see what is going to happen to golden boy without his favorite receiver.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats haven't been a 'dynasty' since the defense started using helmet communications. They're the most fraudulent 'dynasty' in sports history. Without an illicit advantage, they're just another also-ran in the quest for a championship. In fact, if you go back to the Pats/Panthers SB, one of the commentators actually makes the comment, "it's almost as if the patriots know what Carolina is going to call!" It's laughable really, in retrospect. I wonder if Roger burned those tapes too....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Pats haven't been a 'dynasty' since the defense started using helmet communications.
    This makes perfect sense, what with the Pats having had so many offensive struggles since 2007.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by avangeline View Post
    Really good thread!

I think you need some lessons on posting urls.

McGinley?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I like all the rest of you, relished watching the Pats lose on Sunday.

But the overjoy at the "failings" of the Pats is baffling to me.

Are they a "dynasty" anymore - nope - they haven't won a Superbowl in 9 years now?

But they're still pretty good and I'd take their last two years over the Jets last two years any day.

We need to get over ourselves. This relentless mocking of the Pats "failings" only make us look like sore losers and jealous little whinny b!tches.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I like all the rest of you, relished watching the Pats lose on Sunday.

But the overjoy at the "failings" of the Pats is baffling to me.

Are they a "dynasty" anymore - nope - they haven't won a Superbowl in 9 years now?

But they're still pretty good and I'd take their last two years over the Jets last two years any day.

We need to get over ourselves. This relentless mocking of the Pats "failings" only make us look like sore losers and jealous little whinny b!tches.
    Agreed...I hate Patriots fans up here in Boston and believe me, it was schadenfreude on Sunday. But seeing some of the posts here in the days after show that some Jets fans leave a lot to be desired as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez... does it really need explaining? finding joy in our miserable enemies losses?

I don't have any shame over it. Every time the pats lose, or the fish lose, or the bills lose... I find it amusing. F 'em all. Raiders too. and the steelers for that matter.