Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hampur Question

  1. #1

    Hampur Question

    So is it pronounced "Ham-poor" or "Hamper"? Let the craziness begin...

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,109
    It's spelled "Hampur" or "Hamper," but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove."

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    It's spelled "Hampur" or "Hamper," but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove."
    This guy could read the Bible and interpret it as "Throat warbler Mangrove".

    Goes for coffee and says Throat warbler Mangrove, regular.

    -

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    This guy could read the Bible and interpret it as "Throat warbler Mangrove".

    Goes for coffee and says Throat warbler Mangrove, regular.

    -
    I'm hoping someone gets the reference without having to Gurgle it.

    Edit: Oh yeah, stfu.
    Last edited by Jets Things; 01-21-2013 at 10:53 PM.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I'm hoping someone gets the reference without having to Gurgle it.
    The Irish never "get" the English.

    They don't really get Italian cuisine either, so don't even think about asking them about pane di casa.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-21-2013 at 10:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I'm hoping someone gets the reference without having to Gurgle it.

    Edit: Oh yeah, stfu.
    I stand by my protestations. Of course I knew the reference. Its so funny that you think I didnt. Lol

    Monty Pythien.


    Ha ha.


  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I stand by my protestations. Of course I knew the reference. Its so funny that you think I didnt. Lol

    Monty Pythien.


    Ha ha.

    They were originally going to call themselves Monty Mud Snake, but gay Graham Chapman thought it was too gay sounding.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    They were originally going to call themselves Monty Mud Snake, but gay Graham Chapman thought it was too gay sounding.
    And now for something completely different...a man..with three.. bud-ox.


    -

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,109
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    And now for something completely different...a man..with three.. bud-ox.


    -
    lolz - love the stage hand trying to undo Terry Jones' (most underrated MP member) overalls.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us