Thread: New Story: Recent Hires Speak to Rex's Desire of 'Attack-Style' Offense

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Recent Hires Speak to Rex's Desire of 'Attack-Style' Offense

NEW COACHING MOVE ALLUDES TO 'WILDCAT' STAYING PUT -- AND, PERHAPS, EXPANDING IN 2013.

If at first you don't succeed -- try, try again.

The old phrase can be taken in two ways to describe the Jets signing of quarterbacks coach David Lee; 1. after losing out Lee to the Buffalo Bills last year, the Jets made sure to land Lee in their efforts to revamp their offensive unit and 2. while their version of the 'Wildcat' offense was mostly tame in 2012, they are not willing to get off the horse just yet.

After all, the read-option/Wildcat/dual-threat quarterback is where...

More...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    good read, the Thursday new conference could be interesting if they address any of the other hires...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice article.

Does anybody else want the Jets to scrap the wildcat and move on? Unless we can run the wildcat or option or pistol with our starting QB, I do not want to run it. I do not want our starting QB coming off the field or lining up at WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    assuming the Lee hire means more wildcat after this year would be irresponsible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

We can't run the pistol

There is a big chance that the QB can get injured. Washington is going to get away from the pistol as look what it has done to RG3. One more injury like that, and his playing days are over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I appreciate the line of thinking and agree with it, it's going to be some time before our offense will ever look that way.

1) Salary Cap - This pretty much prohibits us from getting any decent or capable QB to run an attack style offense.

2) Mark Sanchez - Sanchez is guaranteed 8.25 million, so I strangely doubt they'll ever be able to get rid of him during this offseason. Also, what's even worse, is if they come out with the brighht idea of having SANCHEZ lead this attack style offense they are talking about. That would turn out to be the biggest unmitigated f*cking disaster in NYJ history. Sanchez is a turnover machine and if you start advocating he "attacks", turnovers are sure to follow.

3) The draft is thin at QB - I doubt there is anyone we could draft that would fit the mold of an attack style QB. There just isn't enough talent out there.

I think this plan will take at least two years in the making. In the meantime, they are going to have to continue to be a ground and pound team. That would be much easier for the Jets to create.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mornhinweg-Lee combo can be a very innovative one. It doesn't have to include a wildcat package. One which the starting QB trots off the field. Or is split out wide as a receiver. I don't want that either.

I see it more as a hybrid WCO- read option offense. So for me...the question is who is going to be the starting QB to run this type of hybrid offense?

Tavaris Jackson never impressed me. But in this scheme who knows. Or is it going to be Sanchez...McElroy...Tebow!?!

Maybe it's none of the above mentioned. We may just have to wait and see.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    good article..lets hope rexy is learning!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As much as I appreciate the line of thinking and agree with it, it's going to be some time before our offense will ever look that way.

1) Salary Cap - This pretty much prohibits us from getting any decent or capable QB to run an attack style offense.

2) Mark Sanchez - Sanchez is guaranteed 8.25 million, so I strangely doubt they'll ever be able to get rid of him during this offseason. Also, what's even worse, is if they come out with the brighht idea of having SANCHEZ lead this attack style offense they are talking about. That would turn out to be the biggest unmitigated f*cking disaster in NYJ history. Sanchez is a turnover machine and if you start advocating he "attacks", turnovers are sure to follow.

3) The draft is thin at QB - I doubt there is anyone we could draft that would fit the mold of an attack style QB. There just isn't enough talent out there.

I think this plan will take at least two years in the making. In the meantime, they are going to have to continue to be a ground and pound team. That would be much easier for the Jets to create.
    i agree will take time jackson might be used as he was in sea as a stopgap until the franchise guy comes along...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

Or you can just say:

The Jets are going to and need to stink in 2013 because they need a new head coach and to wipe this skidmark of a USC QB off their payroll.

Not really hard to understand.

Try to smile about this year. The worse the Jets are, the better they are off.

EVERYTHING should be aimed at moving up or obtaining multiple picks in the 2014 draft with some seriously premier talent.

the 2014 UFA class looks very strong, as well. Great time to rebuild a team.

THE JETS NEED TO SUCK THIS YEAR.