Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're Belichick do you trade Tom Brady?

If you're Belichick do you trade Tom Brady?

Guys, he's going to be 36 years old next season. They're now consistently losing big games in the playoffs. Brady's value will begin to fall dramatically after next season. At 36 a team like Arizona, Kansas City, Jacksonville, or Cleveland could still use him for like two years while they let a backup learn under him. Belichick still won 11 games with Cassel the year Brady went down. They need to start thinking about replacing him anyway.

If you're Belichick, and a team is willing to give you a big trade for Tom Brady, would you do it?

My personally feeling is, YES.

Just because you're not getting laid, doesn't mean you cut off your cock n' balls.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Guys, he's going to be 36 years old next season. They're now consistently losing big games in the playoffs. Brady's value will begin to fall dramatically after next season. At 36 a team like Arizona, Kansas City, Jacksonville, or Cleveland could still use him for like two years while they let a backup learn under him. Belichick still won 11 games with Cassel the year Brady went down. They need to start thinking about replacing him anyway.

If you're Belichick, and a team is willing to give you a big trade for Tom Brady, would you do it?

I say yes, Sanchez and Tebow. Good deal for both teams. NE gets two Qb's for the price of one and we get a all pro QB that can turn us into instant contenders.

All League

Are you serious??? No way!

Practice Squad
    This will never happen. Brady is the face of the franchise, a sure-bet Hall-of-Famer, and still VERY effective. I don't think Kraft would ever let Brady suit up for another team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

They talked about that on the NFL channel.. The consensus was when Brady leaves the Pats BB will go also..

Brady would rather retire than play for another team. Not gonna happen.

All Pro
    DUMP

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Just because you're not getting laid, doesn't mean you cut off your cock n' balls.
    +1

hahahahaha
    great analogy

Guy come on, he's 36 and they need to replace him anyway... They're consistently losing big games now. They need to make a big move here. I never thought I'd see Peyton Manning or Joe Montana in another uniform either, but it happened. Tom Brady's time may have finally come with New England. They need a new QB, they have to do it anyway. If KC or Jacksonville or Arizona offers you a big deal for him you don't do it? Where are you in two years if you don't anyway? This is something the Pats have to consider very seriously now... very very seriously.

An aging Tom Brady has turned into Chad Pennington, with his diminished arm strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    They talked about that on the NFL channel.. The consensus was when Brady leaves the Pats BB will go also..
    We're getting close to the end. I think they will dominate the AFCE for another year and then begin sliding by degrees.

Absolutely! Maybe they can get Chris Hinton and Mark Herrman for him.

All Pro
    Yes. They haven't even been in contention with him. They could easily get a 3 or even a 3 and a 4. I'm sure the accelerated bonus hit wouldn't be too bad either

You need to take a deep breath before you start another thread. Ask yourself, "does this make any sense?"

Guy come on, he's 36 and they need to replace him anyway... They're consistently losing big games now. They need to make a big move here. I never thought I'd see Peyton Manning or Joe Montana in another uniform either, but it happened. Tom Brady's time may have finally come with New England. They need a new QB, they have to do it anyway. If KC or Jacksonville or Arizona offers you a big deal for him you don't do it? Where are you in two years if you don't anyway? This is something the Pats have to consider very seriously now... very very seriously.
    The Patriots consistently win the division and go deep into the playoffs. Brady is showing no signs of slowing down and continues to produce at an elite level. Why the hell would they NEED to make a big move at the QB position?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Not till training camp..

A new low in threads.

He's 35. He says he will play, if healthy until at least 40. An older diminished Brady is still more effective than 95% of the QBs out there. Yes, the Pats have lost in big games like the AFCCG and 2 SBs, but who the F do you think got them there in the first place?

They are NOT trading the face of the franchise away.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    The Patriots consistently win the division and go deep into the playoffs. Brady is showing no signs of slowing down and continues to produce at an elite level. Why the hell would they NEED to make a big move at the QB position?
    Why? Because in two years they're going to be starting a new guy anyway. They can get quite a bit for him now. They've won without him (see Matt Cassel). The end is drawing near anyway, why wouldn't you try to move him while you can still get a lot for him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    A new low in threads.

He's 35. He says he will play, if healthy until at least 40. An older diminished Brady is still more effective than 95% of the QBs out there. Yes, the Pats have lost in big games like the AFCCG and 2 SBs, but who the F do you think got them there in the first place?

They are NOT trading the face of the franchise away.
    Brady has also talked about being able to play with his kids.. Plus his wife makes more then he does they don't need the money.. I would like to see a mud wrestling show between Welker's wife and Gisele though..

Why? Because in two years they're going to be starting a new guy anyway. They can get quite a bit for him now. They've won without him (see Matt Cassel). The end is drawing near anyway, why wouldn't you try to move him while you can still get a lot for him?
    O Rly... you're a fortune-telling gypsy now?

Brady will play into his 40's if he stays healthy (which he is). Do i like it? No, i hate the man.....but i'm not stupid either.