Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're Belichick do you trade Tom Brady?

Jets Insider VIP
    Brady has 3 good years left if healthy. During the next 3 years the Pats will be favorites in every game they play in our Division and to make the playoffs.So I say NO. If he was going to retire in a few years then maybe but he could play 5 more years in BB system.

Jets Insider VIP
    They're now consistently losing big games in the playoffs.
    When a team is good but they keep losing big games, you usually fire the coach, not the qb.

Jets Insider VIP
    Trade Brady...

Your SERIOUS!!!

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we be reasonable for a minute?

If the Chiefs come to you and offer you the #1 overall pick in the draft, plus their #1 next year, and some players, plus they take his entire salary off your hands, and you're Bill Belichick, YOU DON'T TAKE THIS DEAL???

Of course you do... Of course you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Brady has also talked about being able to play with his kids.. Plus his wife makes more then he does they don't need the money.. I would like to see a mud wrestling show between Welker's wife and Gisele though..
    It's not about the money. He made over $100 million BEFORE he met his soon to be billionaire wife. From all accounts he a competitive mfer. He's also said this past week how there is nothing in life that gives him the same rush as playing football in front of 70,000 fans.

And oh to be the guy that gets to break up that wrestling show!

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post

If the Chiefs come to you and offer you the #1 overall pick in the draft, plus their #1 next year, and some players, plus they take his entire salary off your hands, and you're Bill Belichick, YOU DON'T TAKE THIS DEAL???

No you don't. No you don't.

The Pats are already the favorite to win the Superbowl next year, and this years winner isn't even known yet. Why? Tom Freakin' Brady. A once in a lifetime QB only comes around, once in a lifetime. If that! The Jets have been looking for a bonafide franchise QB for almost 50 years. You don't give one up, albeit an aging one, for draft picks. Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Brady has 3 good years left if healthy. During the next 3 years the Pats will be favorites in every game they play in our Division and to make the playoffs.So I say NO. If he was going to retire in a few years then maybe but he could play 5 more years in BB system.
    5 more years...

Let me ask you something... Do you want to have 360 pound defensive lineman landing on you and slamming you to the turf when you're 39 or 40 years old? No I really don't think so. It's time for the Pats to test the waters and see what kind of mega deal they can pull off for him. Now is the only time they can do that. At 37 it will be too late.

No, you don't.

Why would Bill give up a sure-fire elite HEALTHY QB for a couple draft picks that may or may not pan out.

This is real life, not Madden on PS3/XBox.

Jets Insider VIP

No I dont!!

Brady can might be..... Help me for saying this this!!!!

One of the top six players in NFL HISTORY!!!

Gulp.... Good Grief!!!

Please dont post things that might make me say that again.... I'm ill now....

All League
    Guys, he's going to be 36 years old next season. They're now consistently losing big games in the playoffs. Brady's value will begin to fall dramatically after next season. At 36 a team like Arizona, Kansas City, Jacksonville, or Cleveland could still use him for like two years while they let a backup learn under him. Belichick still won 11 games with Cassel the year Brady went down. They need to start thinking about replacing him anyway.

If you're Belichick, and a team is willing to give you a big trade for Tom Brady, would you do it?

My personally feeling is, YES.
    Guy, you have to put down the crack pipe.

Remember being told when you were little to "Think before you speak"? Guess what, your mom was right.

Hey look what I found... Can it happen? Yes it can and HAS happened...

One of the mods should dump this thread. What a piece of sh!t.

I shouldn't have to be forced to defend the Patriots in any way shape or form, because someone within our own fan base has an extra chromosome.

Good lord.

you know the Niners had Steve Young waiting in the wings, right?

now do us all a favor and headbutt a knife.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    They talked about that on the NFL channel.. The consensus was when Brady leaves the Pats BB will go also..
    BB afraid to take Pats onto the field without the Brady

I would think BB would want to prove he can win another Supe without Tommy Boy and cheating...No

Practice Squad
    The Niners did that because they had STEVE YOUNG behind Montana - little different than Ryan Mallett

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Good lord.

Steve Young? Who knew Steve Young would step in and do that well? But he did sit behind Joe Montana for a while, which helped a lot. Belichick has proven he can win with another QB back there (Matt Cassel). If Joe Montana can be traded so can Tom Brady.

The Pats have some serious thinking to do this offseason, very serious thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    No you don't. No you don't.

The Pats are already the favorite to win the Superbowl next year, and this years winner isn't even known yet. Why? Tom Freakin' Brady. A once in a lifetime QB only comes around, once in a lifetime. If that! The Jets have been looking for a bonafide franchise QB for almost 50 years. You don't give one up, albeit an aging one, for draft picks. Get real.

Do you know how hard it is to find a QB?

you could have all of those number 1 picks and if none of them turn into franchise QB's you're not a good football team.

Steve Young? Who knew Steve Young would step in and do that well? But he did sit behind Joe Montana for a while, which helped a lot. Belichick has proven he can win with another QB back there (Matt Cassel). If Joe Montana can be traded so can Tom Brady.

The Pats have some serious thinking to do this offseason, very serious thinking.
    translation: herpity derpity how dooo u do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why? Because in two years they're going to be starting a new guy anyway. They can get quite a bit for him now. They've won without him (see Matt Cassel). The end is drawing near anyway, why wouldn't you try to move him while you can still get a lot for him?
    Knowing our luck, just as Brady starts to fade the Patriots will step into a high draft pick or land another great young QB ala the Colts. Could the Indianapolis Colts have been any more fortunate going from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck? Kinda like the 49ers going from Joe Montana to Steve Young. Meanwhile we meander and go through decades trying to find the right franchise QB....always coming close (Testaverde - at the end of his career, Pennington - injured, etc) but never quite succeeding.