Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think Manti Te'o ends up a Jet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No question about it.

Can you imagine if his first pick as Jets GM would be on that guy? Idzik would be in clown makeup on the cover of the Daily News the next morning, don't want that.

He will select the highest rated offensive playmaker on the board, simple as that.

SAR I
    Problem is, there are no offensive playmakers in this draft worthy of a Top 10 pick.

If we go offense, it either has to be a QB or an OL like Warmack.

Although Zach Ertz, the TE from Stanford, is starting to rise up the boards.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    That would be the smartest and correct move to make. We need playmakers badly. Speed, speed, speed on offense.
    Above all else, we need a blazingly fast running back.

When I watch the final 4 playoff teams, I'm just amazed at how quickly their backs hit holes and turn 2 yard bangs into 8 yard gains. We haven't had that since forever.

Curtis Martin was good at sliding, but didn't have much burst. Leon Washington was pretty close, but not quite. Lamont Jordan, Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, just tired of these slow-poke power backs already.

Give us a speedy back and a pass-catching dump off back, that's half our offensive issue solved right there.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As soon as I saw him miss tackles left and right in the BCS Championship, I said to myself "Jets' first pick in the draft. Guaranteed."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Problem is, there are no offensive playmakers in this draft worthy of a Top 10 pick.

If we go offense, it either has to be a QB or an OL like Warmack.

Although Zach Ertz, the TE from Stanford, is starting to rise up the boards.
    I'm not a draft guy, so help me here.

Can we gently trade down and grab the best RB and WR possible? Or are they so average that it's not even worth discussing?

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above all else, we need a blazingly fast running back.

When I watch the final 4 playoff teams, I'm just amazed at how quickly their backs hit holes and turn 2 yard bangs into 8 yard gains. We haven't had that since forever.

Curtis Martin was good at sliding, but didn't have much burst. Leon Washington was pretty close, but not quite. Lamont Jordan, Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene, just tired of these slow-poke power backs already.

Give us a speedy back and a pass-catching dump off back, that's half our offensive issue solved right there.

SAR I
    We have an in-house solution. Give McKnight a chance in that role and I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we gently trade down and grab the best RB and WR possible? Or are they so average that it's not even worth discussing?

SAR I
    There's a good chance that there won't be a single RB or WR drafted in the 1st round.

The WR and RB class is deep, but no one really stands out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    You can get a very good RB in the second or even third round this year. There might not be a first round RB this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a good chance that there won't be a single RB or WR drafted in the 1st round.

The WR and RB class is deep, but no one really stands out.
    Allen and Patterson could go late in the first.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He wouldn't be a terrible selection at 9. I'd prefer to draft Chance Warmack at 9 and see if he drops to the 2nd rd or late 1st and we trade up. The media would have a monster-sized sh_tfit if the Jets drafted Te'o - especially in rd 1.
    I could not agree more!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    We have an in-house solution. Give McKnight a chance in that role and I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised
    McKnight does fumble ALOT. U have to hold onto the Rock n the nfl and He doesnt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    McKnight does fumble ALOT. U have to hold onto the Rock n the nfl and He doesnt.
    So did Peterson and Tiki Barber. For guys that really want to improve, fumblitis is a one-offeason fix.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    If he is healthy Allen is well worth a top ten pick. Outside of him I wouldn't be in any hurry to draft WR or RB in the 1st. Allen is the only true #1 IMO. Patterson, Hopkins, Hunter Woods, William, Austin, and Rodgers are all great talent but not a huge difference overall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't want the Jets to use the 1st rd pick on him at all; however, with all the bad pr he could wind up falling all the way to 41. He is an ILB who fits Rex's scheme and could come in and start right away. Would be a crazy move like the Tebow trade. However, unlike the Tebow move it could actually help the Jets win games.

Think about that Manti Te'o believed the chick in that photo was his girlfriend and the girl in the photo never had any clue. I mean it's nuts, lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    We can take this guy at #9:
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

Most mocks have him going to the fins at 12. But if he runs a fast 40, we could be interested at 9.

If geno smith falls, we could go there too. But running back would be a reach at 9.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see it. Manti won't go top ten but I doubt he lasts until our pick in the second round.

We're going to go pass rusher or OL in the first, assuming we can't trade the pick. We need playmakers but there just aren't a lot of 1st round (particularly top ten) guys to justify taking.

I'm all about Warmack. He's going to be a beast.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post

I'm all about Warmack. He's going to be a beast.
    That's the smart choice, unless Geno falls.

A lot of people might b*tch about taking an interior OL in the Top 10 but I doubt people would complain much once they see Warmack out there annihilating everyone in front of him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st round? 2nd round? This is all crazy talk.

Te'o is going to drop like a rock when investigators hired by teams start to uncover more and more of his complicity in perpetuating the hoax, for at lwast several months this fall.

Best case scenario for him, he was completely duped until late dec like he claims...does anyone want this moron being their defensive leader?

Furthermore, how does he avoid permanent mental scarring from the abuse he'll have to endure? You guys seriously think that this is someone who can ever be seen again as a leader of men?

We have a vontaze burfict situation here...manti is going to fall until 6th, 7th, or udfa.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the smart choice, unless Geno falls.

A lot of people might b*tch about taking an interior OL in the Top 10 but I doubt people would complain much once they see Warmack out there annihilating everyone in front of him.
    This is the nfl not college football.. ANNIHILATING every1!!! REALLY?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's an awful lot of wishers on here.

Most of this draft's talent in the first round wouldn't have been in the first round the past two years.

This draft is crap up top. A smart GM will trade down and attempt to amass picks next year.

Stop with this band-aid crap. It's almost a necessity for the Jets to pack this season in like Polian did when Peyton went down and get a real vision moving forward based upon a talented superstar player, not some bombastic idiot head coach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Na we don't need Teo

We need make believe girl friends to go with our make believe SB victories like we need another year with Sanchise.