Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think Manti Te'o ends up a Jet?

Anyone else think Manti Te'o ends up a Jet?

I don't want the Jets to use the 1st rd pick on him at all; however, with all the bad pr he could wind up falling all the way to 41. He is an ILB who fits Rex's scheme and could come in and start right away. Would be a crazy move like the Tebow trade. However, unlike the Tebow move it could actually help the Jets win games.

Hall Of Fame
    Dont think he makes it out of the first round. I could see the Steelers taking him.

Yea, we'll just tell him that Kekua is actually real and that he'll get to meet her (for realz) if he wins us a Superbowl.

DYNASTY.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Dont think he makes it out of the first round. I could see the Steelers taking him.
    Pats are the other team in the 1st round I see taking a chance on him. Still, not out of realm of possiblity that he's there in rd 2.

Veteran
    i honestly wouldn't be upset if the jets took him #9. he's a good ILB. bump Demario Davis to OLB, with Harris and Te'o inside. i wouldn't be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't want the Jets to use the 1st rd pick on him at all; however, with all the bad pr he could wind up falling all the way to 41. He is an ILB who fits Rex's scheme and could come in and start right away. Would be a crazy move like the Tebow trade. However, unlike the Tebow move it could actually help the Jets win games.

On the day Jets draft Te'o...his new movie will debut...

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i honestly wouldn't be upset if the jets took him #9. he's a good ILB. bump Demario Davis to OLB, with Harris and Te'o inside. i wouldn't be upset.
    He wouldn't be a terrible selection at 9. I'd prefer to draft Chance Warmack at 9 and see if he drops to the 2nd rd or late 1st and we trade up. The media would have a monster-sized sh_tfit if the Jets drafted Te'o - especially in rd 1.

He could fall and I'd welcome him. I bought into his hype at 1st but Minter is the better MLB and I wouldn't take him top ten based on talent. If Harris will not restructure yeah we should conciser either one of those guys in the 2nd.

Teo is in no way, shape, or form talented enough to be the #9 pick, especially given todays NFL.

He is not a sideline to sideline player. Plus, most of his "coverage skills" are ranked where they are due to his INTs this season. INTs are not a consistent measure of skill in coverage and are probably a fluke.

Add all that with his baggage from this ridiculous story and he should be picked in the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Teo is in no way, shape, or form talented enough to be the #9 pick, especially given todays NFL.

He is not a sideline to sideline player. Plus, most of his "coverage skills" are ranked where they are due to his INTs this season. INTs are not a consistent measure of skill in coverage and are probably a fluke.

Add all that with his baggage from this ridiculous story and he should be picked in the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2.
    Which is why I think we have a shot at him falling to us at 41.

Jets Insider VIP
    Idzik is not going anywhere near Teo. In any round.

Veteran
    I really don't think the kid has enough talent or play a position that warrants a selection in the first 3 rounds. MLB is not a key potion on the filed that it once was. I'd put CB, OLB, DE and NT all ahead in terms of priority in today's NFL. On the Jets, if we aren't going OLB or Safety, we need to focus on offense.

If the title game is any indication of how he will play in the NFL, he's got problems. He looks slow and was clearly over matched.

Cmon man, Not another 1st Rd BUST! Jets have LB's that can play inside on the team already like McIntyre, Bellore, Harris, Davis, Mauga...q

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

After what I saw from Te'o in that BCS against Alabama. I'd stay away from him. Against an almost NFL calibre OL and RBs...he was handled too easily for me to want him. Te'o didn't look strong or fast enough to shed and disengage from blockers. Or zoom in for the tackle when he had his opportunities.

And I have to wonder about his smarts too.

If the Jets draft Te'o... he'll bust...as in Lam Jones...Blair Thomas...Kyle Brady...and Vernon.

Hope Idzik passes on him.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Idzik is not going anywhere near Teo. In any round.
    No question about it.

Can you imagine if his first pick as Jets GM would be on that guy? Idzik would be in clown makeup on the cover of the Daily News the next morning, don't want that.

He will select the highest rated offensive playmaker on the board, simple as that.

SAR I

We have much bigger needs than an ILB. Can't see the Jets doing this.

Jets Insider VIP
    He wouldn't be a terrible selection at 9. I'd prefer to draft Chance Warmack at 9 and see if he drops to the 2nd rd or late 1st and we trade up. The media would have a monster-sized sh_tfit if the Jets drafted Te'o - especially in rd 1.
    + eleventy billion

Sadly, I don't think there's any Chance he's still there at 9.

All League
    Just because he went to ND and everyone knows his name doesn't make
    him worthy of being picked in the top 10. Real scouts know he's not worth
    that high of a pick

Jets Insider VIP
    Which is why I think we have a shot at him falling to us at 41.
    In the first round we're 9th.
    In the second round we pick 7 which would make it 39th pick overall. It is possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No question about it.

Can you imagine if his first pick as Jets GM would be on that guy? Idzik would be in clown makeup on the cover of the Daily News the next morning, don't want that.

He will select the highest rated offensive playmaker on the board, simple as that.

SAR I
    That would be the smartest and correct move to make. We need playmakers badly. Speed, speed, speed on offense.