Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else think Manti Te'o ends up a Jet?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, no.

Seeing him taken out of the game by Alabama's Offensive Line AND Running Backs was enough for me. I understand that Wilkerson and Coples will help keep OLineman off of him, but the last thing we need to do is continue to draft defensive players. We have a solid defense outside of OLB and one S position, and even that might be filled with a player on the roster. If the Jets target someone on defense before the third or fourth round, I'll be furious. Te'o will also likely not drop into the second. There are numerous teams that would be interested including Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yeah, no.

Seeing him taken out of the game by Alabama's Offensive Line AND Running Backs was enough for me. I understand that Wilkerson and Coples will help keep OLineman off of him, but the last thing we need to do is continue to draft defensive players. We have a solid defense outside of OLB and one S position, and even that might be filled with a player on the roster. If the Jets target someone on defense before the third or fourth round, I'll be furious. Te'o will also likely not drop into the second. There are numerous teams that would be interested including Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
    Then prepare to be furious because they are probably going to go defense with the 9th pick strictly because there is no good skill player on offense that is worthy of that pick.

As for Teo, I think the Giants could use him. Their LB corps was horrendous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't want the Jets to use the 1st rd pick on him at all; however, with all the bad pr he could wind up falling all the way to 41. He is an ILB who fits Rex's scheme and could come in and start right away. Would be a crazy move like the Tebow trade. However, unlike the Tebow move it could actually help the Jets win games.

Most overrated player coming out of college. This year's AJ Hawk at best, boar hunter at worst.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want the Jets to use the 1st rd pick on him at all; however, with all the bad pr he could wind up falling all the way to 41. He is an ILB who fits Rex's scheme and could come in and start right away. Would be a crazy move like the Tebow trade. However, unlike the Tebow move it could actually help the Jets win games.

/img]
    How bout some Offense in the first round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    How bout some Offense in the first round.
    This is a very weak draft for offensive skill positions including QB.

I think they are going to go either OLB or OL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    umm, no...teo doesn't bring enough drama for woody's tastes

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This is a very weak draft for offensive skill positions including QB.

I think they are going to go either OLB or OL.
    I was in fact thinking offensive line. Plenty of good players or lets trade the pick for 2 later picks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way he's a first round talent. He was exposed in the
    Alabama game. Third round talent.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    I have to agree. Teo is third round talent unless he shows top round measurables at the combine. If he really does show great measurables - 40 yrd dash , strength and agility and knowledge and if he has good size then he really should be a first round pick. I guess we will find out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Idzik is not going anywhere near Teo. In any round.
    Idzik ??....you mean Rex.....Rex is in charge of personnel...has been since day one he came here...nothing has changed...only the nameplate on the capologist's desk...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He won't make it past 20. The guy is a beast.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee_Jet View Post
    LOL... You are on crack my friend.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    umm, no...teo doesn't bring enough drama for woody's tastes
    Make believe girlfriend isn't enough drama

Yeah, your'e right.........................

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    One personnel executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, compared Teo as a football player to Jets linebacker David Harris. The executive said its possible Teo, who helped Notre Dame to a 12-1 record, goes in the first round if a team needs a middle linebacker.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._says_too.html

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's two camps of thought on Manti Teo: 1) excellent prospect no way can fall to rd 2 or 2) he absolutely sucks and got exposed by Alabama.

I think he'd be fine in Rex's system. Rex turned Pouha from scrub into elite NT I can see him doing the same for Teo. Don't think he's a first round talent so that and the silly fake gf scandal will probably make him available in rd 2 for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yeah, no.

Scott, Pace and Thomas are all history. That's 3/4 of our starting LB Corps. Assuming McIntyre takes on weakside OLB we still need 2 LB's plus another just for depth. So yeah, we need defensive players in this draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a top ten pick. He'll likely last only until the Jets 1st round pick. If they do not take him then, they won't get him at all.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

hell no..................

the boy runs a 4.9, 40. I don't want any one that slow, even if he was made of gold.............

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i honestly wouldn't be upset if the jets took him #9. he's a good ILB. bump Demario Davis to OLB, with Harris and Te'o inside. i wouldn't be upset.
    I don't think we should touch this guy. He is an inside LB with limited impact. I also think the media would have a field day if he became a Jet.