Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Joe must Go!

  1. #1

    Joe must Go!

    McKnight is not that good. Jack of all trades master of none..

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    McKnight is not that good. Jack of all trades master of none..
    Disagree. He's a fantastic kick returner. Was All Pro last year in that category and did very well this year.

  3. #3
    Yep, let's ditch a guy who's been top 5 in KO Return average the two years he's done it (#5 in 2012, #4 in 2011) and will be playing in essentially the same successful ST system (Kotwica was Westy's understudy for a while). He needs more of a role on this team IMO. I see a lot of Darren Sproles-like potential in him

  4. #4
    we need to add speed on offense not get rid of it. great kick returner. he can catch out of the backfield or slot. he needs to be used more

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    627
    He can't pass protect and he's got fumblitis. He's shifty. Can he catch out of the backfield, I donno? We'll have to wait and see if he can catch in our attacking offense from our attacking 2013 starting QB. He's good on ST and he's cost effective so he stays. We could do (and have done) much worse in the use of a roster spot.
    Last edited by LIJetsFan; 01-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.

  6. #6
    Ought to be as much a beneficiary of the move to a WCO as anybody.Lets hope MM knows how get the best out if him
    Last edited by Redlichtie; 01-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,162
    Excellent! Get rid of a cheap player that actually showed up last season. Please add this to trade Revis and pay average players big money crowd..

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Disagree. He's a fantastic kick returner. Was All Pro last year in that category and did very well this year.
    +1

  9. #9
    In a Mornhinweg-Lee's WCO/read option hybrid offense. McKnight's receiving abilities and explosiveness in space, gives him the opportunity to be a playmaker. Cause Joe's skills fits into this type of offense seamlessly. He played in a WCO at USC...with Sanchez.

    Yet you want to dump JM, when Jets have a CAP mess and only 7 draft picks to take care of numerous needs.

    McKnight is a good piece for the offense more then ever. Even if he fumbles...cause Jets are going nowhere next year anyways.

    In a WCO...give Joe the damn ball.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Excellent! Get rid of a cheap player that actually showed up last season. Please add this to trade Revis and pay average players big money crowd..

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    add mcknight to the list son.

    Miller
    Morton
    Smith
    Washington
    Carter

    did imiss any1?

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,718
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    He can't pass protect and he's got fumblitis. He's shifty. Can he catch out of the backfield, I donno? We'll have to wait and see if he can catch in our attacking offense from our attacking 2013 starting QB. He's good on ST and he's cost effective so he stays. We could do (and have done) much worse in the use of a roster spot.
    a lot of nonsense is what I think about fumbleitis. The guy does not fumble on kickoff returns. That has been his major role so far and he has handled it well.

    Sure lets cut him and watch the Patriots or Dolphins get him and he destroys us!

    Why are some fans always so quick to bs about Jets players?

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,541
    We need to keep McKnight and draft another RB that can catch out of the backfield. We also need a QB that can throw a freaking screen pass.

  13. #13
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,147
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    In a Mornhinweg-Lee's WCO/read option hybrid offense. McKnight's receiving abilities and explosiveness in space, gives him the opportunity to be a playmaker. Cause Joe's skills fits into this type of offense seamlessly. He played in a WCO at USC...with Sanchez.

    Yet you want to dump JM, when Jets have a CAP mess and only 7 draft picks to take care of numerous needs.

    McKnight is a good piece for the offense more then ever. Even if he fumbles...cause Jets are going nowhere next year anyways.

    In a WCO...give Joe the damn ball.
    I'd love to see him evolve into a James Brooks type but I'm not sure he's that durable

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #14
    He's far and away the most explosive player on the offensive roster.

    This is a bad thread and the OP should feel bad.

  15. #15
    McKnight has talent but he makes some bonehead mistakes. In preseason he ran a ball that was kicked 9 yrs deep in the endzone and that led to an opposition TD. He was a little more careful in reg season but he has that mental block syndrome. The right OC could get a lot out of him

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,147
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    McKnight has talent but he makes some bonehead mistakes. In preseason he ran a ball that was kicked 9 yrs deep in the endzone and that led to an opposition TD. He was a little more careful in reg season but he has that mental block syndrome. The right OC could get a lot out of him
    I'd guess that the game plan was to return everything in preseason just to practice


    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Agree with most of the replies so far - this guy is not a problem, he's a possible solution. Looking forward to seeing what our new OC can do with him.

    On a broader note, EVERY player should effectively be auditioning for a job on the team. Under-used guys should be given the chance to get more playing time, and established guys need to prove their worth again.

    Should be that way every year, but it doesn't seem to have been the case lately ...

  18. #18
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,591
    Keep Joe Add stepfan Taylor to bilal Powell & we have a nice committee of backs!
    Last edited by TJ; 01-22-2013 at 04:42 PM.

  19. #19
    McKnight's contract is almost playing for free. LOL. Cutting him would do nothing. Not to mention everything I said before.

    This thread should be dumped.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Agree with most of the replies so far - this guy is not a problem, he's a possible solution. Looking forward to seeing what our new OC can do with him.

    On a broader note, EVERY player should effectively be auditioning for a job on the team. Under-used guys should be given the chance to get more playing time, and established guys need to prove their worth again.

    Should be that way every year, but it doesn't seem to have been the case lately ...
    Exactly

    Remember when we had a young WR that we picked in Rd 4 after a gittering college career but for his first couple of seasons contributed next to nothing?We really didn't know what we had at all.Then a new HC came along and Jerricho Cotchery blossomed....Sometimes it takes a while,sometimes it takes a good coach to see talent

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us