Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Francesa is FULL OF IT!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could hear this. its entertaining when he rips the Jets. and you guys take it personal like hes talking about your kids or something. Keep it up Mike. Wish I could listen.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Francesa's "friend" told him that Idzik was going to "take charge" at the presser.

This is the basis for this reaction?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fran Sarcessa I Quote:

"The Only Jets Way is Losing."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is harping about Idzik saying players can be found during "tryouts"...
    Is that a bad thing?
    So confused...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And not for nothing, but as poorly as the Jets have been run, they are still far less of a mess than the baseball team in Queens...

Could you imagine Francessa pulling this schtick about the Mets? Oh right. Can't do that. The FAN is the flagship station...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Nauseating. Just so predictable and gutless by the network to play into it.

As for Fatcessa, MikeFrancessa.com ruined his SB contest today by posting the answer to one of the questions on their site mid-contest. Fatty was dumbfounded the caller had the answer to one of his obsure audio clips. Stunned. A few minutes after he gave the tix away...he came on the air and stated the site (which mocks him and has nothing to do with him) ruined his contest.... but he had to give the winner the SB tickets anyway!

That was worth the listen, ogay.

-
    That's funny because Fatass dinahsawer never thought to register that domain when he had the chance. Now there is nothing he can ever, ever do about it now.

They should post ALL the answers on there. That would be some ****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha.

Fatty just got trolled by his producers.

He said Rex did not give a quote and then they played Rex's response during the update.

LOL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    Francesa has to understand that this guy is on the first day of his FIRST GM job...

He's not established like Sandy Alderson, Parcells, etc...

He's not going to come in and blow things up from the podium...

Francesa is not being reasonable about this...
    The genesis of the Francesa rant is personal animosity between him and Woody.

Basically Woody never lets any Jets on his program. This hatred will never change as its a blood feud now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think you are misremembering that. He killed Rex for that during Revis' holdout. He said that Rex basically ruined the Jets bargaining position bc of his praises.
    no, that too. But Fatty killed him for that during his press conference as the new coach.
    Fatty used to claim that Revis really wasnt that good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I can't believe what is coming out of his mouth. My god he is so venomous because the team shunned him. What a complete a**hole!
    And where does he get these moronic callers???? There clueless!! I believe they are plants!!!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    He just cut a guy off because he didn't like the town he said he was from. Wtf?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty clear he's screening the calls for either negativity or guys who cannot put forth a positive argument well verbally.

Better yet, he makes short mention fo Rex's comments (which include a clear-cut ~"He will have final say on players" comment) and brushes those comments off as "noth'in, he said noth'in".

Lawl.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is too funny. And there are people that swear by this fool. I am a huge yankees fan and I can't even listen to him during baseball season. He used to be knowledgable and a voice of reason between him and the Mad Dog. Now he is just a whore for ratings. It's pretty sad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Pretty clear he's screening the calls for either negativity or guys who cannot put forth a positive argument well verbally.

Better yet, he makes short mention fo Rex's comments (which include a clear-cut ~"He will have final say on players" comment) and brushes those comments off as "noth'in, he said noth'in".

Lawl.
    He's just an *******. He cuts someone off when they are trying to state their point, and then gets mad because the original caller tells him that he interrupted them, and Francessa gets mad that they interrupted what he was going to say.

His whole diatribe today was that 'I wanted to see the new GM take charge'.
    Well how exactly does one do that? Fattys answer: "I just wanted to hear him say it."

What good is just saying it? Its just a superficial comment that in reality doesn't mean **** anyway. Oh, so he's going to take that comment at face value then? He clearly wanted to see if he would say that, so he could use it against him later on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    That is too funny. And there are people that swear by this fool. I am a huge yankees fan and I can't even listen to him during baseball season. He used to be knowledgable and a voice of reason between him and the Mad Dog. Now he is just a whore for ratings. It's pretty sad.
    Years ago I used to like him. Now, I'm glad I don't get to listen to him.

but.... it's about ratings. Not intelligence, not having a meaningful discussion, not even about staying awake. Just ratings.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. The dude he cut off was on the bad list (i.e.-calls him out) and he did an end around by merely changing the town he says he comes from, but keeping his name the same. Mike's suckboy screeners will pay for that during commercial.

Pretty much shows his whole "I doan screen my calliss" act is a charade.

He was furious the guy got around his screen with such an obvious ruse.

Pretty funny actually.

He has his guys monitoring "MikeFrancessa.com" and other call in shows during his show, because often they can get a hint if someone is going to phone bomb his shows.

Yesterday he cut off a guy inexplicably, then 5 minutes later... realizing how ridiculous he sounded...backtracked and said the reason he cut that guy off was the his guys told him they heard on yet another call in show that "this guy" was going to call, which is complete horseh**.

COmical to watch.

Last edited by 32green; 01-24-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Years ago I used to like him. Now, I'm glad I don't get to listen to him.

but.... it's about ratings. Not intelligence, not having a meaningful discussion, not even about staying awake. Just ratings.
    And he's parlayed it into a boat load of bucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Lawl.
    so true!!..its so obvious..the callers are either A Jet haters B Moronic fans who claim to be jet fans making ridiculous points...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    He's just an *******. He cuts someone off when they are trying to state their point, and then gets mad because the original caller tells him that he interrupted them, and Francessa gets mad that they interrupted what he was going to say.

His whole diatribe today was that 'I wanted to see the new GM take charge'.
    Well how exactly does one do that? Fattys answer: "I just wanted to hear him say it."

What good is just saying it? Its just a superficial comment that in reality doesn't mean **** anyway. Oh, so he's going to take that comment at face value then? He clearly wanted to see if he would say that, so he could use it against him later on.
    If you have any modicum of intelligence you understand that there are many things that Idzik cannot say for a whole variety of reasons. When it comes to judging him it is not what he says that I will follow, its what he does. The press conference was for show, just like every other press conference in sports. Lift a jersey, promote this, promote that etc, etc.

fatcessa has become completely unprofessional since he lost his partner.