Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Jets interested in Denard Robinson

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets interested in Denard Robinson

    http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2013...nard-robinson/

    Figured I'd post this here before it's inevitably moved. Wouldn't mind taking a risk on this guy in the later rounds (even if he does enter as a WR).

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad Smith replacement.

  3. #3
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37042
    Quote Originally Posted by revislsland View Post
    http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2013...nard-robinson/

    Figured I'd post this here before it's inevitably moved. Wouldn't mind taking a risk on this guy in the later rounds (even if he does enter as a WR).
    You are correct. Weak first post. Can't even put it in the right forum??

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a thread about him on Tony's site. I think he could be a Randall Cobb or Percy Harvin. Wouldn't mind him at all.

    I don't want anymore wildcat but I am sure that is a major part of why the Jets are looking at him.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really seeing the fit here unless there's a plan to move Jeremy Kerley.

  6. #6
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    You are correct. Weak first post. Can't even put it in the right forum??
    Wanted people to actually see it seeing as only 10 were viewing the draft forum at the time...

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robinson is on my WR wishlist behind

    Hopkins BALLER!!!
    Patton BALLER!!!
    Bailey BALLER!!!
    Harper 6'1 228 = BEAST MODE!!!
    swope = COTCHERY pt2
    Mellette 6'3 220 SLEEPER!!!
    Robinson

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revislsland View Post
    Wanted people to actually see it seeing as only 10 were viewing the draft forum at the time...
    I can see the sense in that. Robinson would be ok in the late rounds

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that bringing in Idzik was going to change the way the FO is doing things.

    With all the holes on this team, taking another project is just not a luxury we can afford.

    If Bradway and Co go with the mentality of looking at players and hoping they can change positions and make an impact, then it won't surprise me at all come May we have an entirely new scouting department.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I thought that bringing in Idzik was going to change the way the FO is doing things.

    With all the holes on this team, taking another project is just not a luxury we can afford.

    If Bradway and Co go with the mentality of looking at players and hoping they can change positions and make an impact, then it won't surprise me at all come May we have an entirely new scouting department.
    With a late round pick, sure, give it a shot.

    At least they would have made the pick with Idzik... that's different because Tannenbaum would have traded the 6th rounder for some team's practice squad guard only to be cut two weeks later.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    With a late round pick, sure, give it a shot.

    At least they would have made the pick with Idzik... that's different because Tannenbaum would have traded the 6th rounder for some team's practice squad guard only to be cut two weeks later.
    Good point. Maybe now we'll at least commit to our draft picks and allow them time to develop.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robinson looked like an ex-QB catching the ball yesterday.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pat White?

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has terrible hands

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently he is playing with some numbness in his fingers that is a result of nerve damage in his elbow from an injury. He is expected to recover but this may explain why he is having trouble catching the ball.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I thought that bringing in Idzik was going to change the way the FO is doing things.

    With all the holes on this team, taking another project is just not a luxury we can afford.

    If Bradway and Co go with the mentality of looking at players and hoping they can change positions and make an impact, then it won't surprise me at all come May we have an entirely new scouting department.
    Really? Most late round picks get cut or are AT BEST special teams contributers. They are ALL projects. If they were already prepared to come in and start in the NFL they wouldn't last to the 3rd-7th rounds. A guy like Robinson could help us at WR and special teams.

    Granted if we took Denard in the 1st round I would poke my own eyes out, but I doubt that is even in the realm of possibility.

    Plus most of the time when you hear a team wants a player its just a distraction from the players the front office really wants.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah pcola is overreacting as usual.

    Denard brings speed to the offense, something that is very lacking on this unit.

    He could be the quick back that we need to complement Shonn Greene.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anybody is projecting him as a 1st rounder. Based on what I have seen it looks like he will be a 3rd rounder.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think anybody is projecting him as a 1st rounder. Based on what I have seen it looks like he will be a 3rd rounder.
    Wouldnt touch him in the 3rd as well. 6th or 7th round would be fine.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Wouldnt touch him in the 3rd as well. 6th or 7th round would be fine.
    Agreed. A playmaker can't make plays if he can't secure the ball in his hands

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us