Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets interested in Denard Robinson

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Yeah pcola is overreacting as usual.

Denard brings speed to the offense, something that is very lacking on this unit.

He could be the quick back that we need to complement Shonn Greene.
    I appreciate you calling me out. We have no OL under contract for next season other than DBrick and Mangold. So rather use our 5 -7 round picks on back up guards and tackles, lets take a guy that offers similar skill set to Clyde Gates without the experience of ever runing a route?

We ALL complain about the offense and quarterback holding this team back, filling what few picks we have on projects is not a luxury this team can afford right now. You can disagree with me, and I will respect your opinion.

But do me a favor and don't put me in your posts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I appreciate you calling me out. We have no OL under contract for next season other than DBrick and Mangold. So rather use our 5 -7 round picks on back up guards and tackles, lets take a guy that offers similar skill set to Clyde Gates without the experience of ever runing a route?

We ALL complain about the offense and quarterback holding this team back, filling what few picks we have on projects is not a luxury this team can afford right now. You can disagree with me, and I will respect your opinion.

But do me a favor and don't put me in your posts.
    HE'S NOT A PROJECT. He is a good running back. We've seen it at Michigan this year. Don't call him a project player.

I agree with backing up the O-line. But Denard is projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick, not a first.

I'm sorry for calling you out but you were the one who was CONVINCED that Scott Cohen was going to be the GM. How did that work out?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    HE'S NOT A PROJECT. He is a good running back. We've seen it at Michigan this year. Don't call him a project player.

I agree with backing up the O-line. But Denard is projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick, not a first.

I'm sorry for calling you out but you were the one who was CONVINCED that Scott Cohen was going to be the GM. How did that work out?
    He is every bit a project. He is not a running back in the NFL. He is being worked out as a WR/ Kick returner at the Senior Bowl. There is NO WAY he goes in 2nd or 3rd round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    He is every bit a project. He is not a running back in the NFL. He is being worked out as a WR/ Kick returner at the Senior Bowl. There is NO WAY he goes in 2nd or 3rd round.
    He ran RB at Michigan at the end of the year. I will say this. Why he's being worked out as a WR/KR is beyond me. LaMichael James is a scatback in the NFL and is smaller. I don't see any reason why Denard can't be the same.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Brad Smith replacement.
    looks like it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He ran RB at Michigan at the end of the year. I will say this. Why he's being worked out as a WR/KR is beyond me. LaMichael James is a scatback in the NFL and is smaller. I don't see any reason why Denard can't be the same.
    Come on now. He runs nothing like LeMichael James. Denard needs to get the ball in space, thats why he is being looked at as a WR project/ KR. Michigan used Denard in Jet formations and sweeps, he is not a RB at the NFL level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Come on now. He runs nothing like LeMichael James. Denard needs to get the ball in space, thats why he is being looked at as a WR project/ KR. Michigan used Denard in Jet formations and sweeps, he is not a RB at the NFL level.
    All I'm saying is that in a draft with not a lot of prime skill players he has speed which is sorely needed on this offense. Why wouldn't you look at that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I'm saying is that in a draft with not a lot of prime skill players he has speed which is sorely needed on this offense. Why wouldn't you look at that?
    Sure in the 6th round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you say with a straight face that Robinson is not a project? He's the very definition of the term.

He's not a RB, did not get traditional carries as a RB did not get the work load and he is NOTHING like LaMichael James.

Tony said on his site that Robinson is a faster version of Randle El. That would be probably be a best case scenario.

I'd love to give the guy a shot here, but not before the 5th round and it would probably take at least a year before he was really ready to contribute.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    At QB? Hell no. At another position, only in the 7th round. No more projects.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries. Not to derail this thread (wrong forum) but after watching this organization for over 35 years, I saw something last week that I have not seen from this franchise. Any other year, we go after the media favorite ( Gamble) and when that blows up, any other year we panic and rush and make the wrong hire. Woody did the right thing and reached out to people who knew what the process was supposed to be, interviewed the right candidates, and made the right hire. Sorry for the pessimism, but what happened last week has not happened very often with this team. I am pleasantly shocked.

Now back to Denard. I don't hate the guy. I just don't like him for this team. We already have McKnight who has been criminally under-utilized since coming here. The reason he was drafted was to be a receiving threat out of the back field.

IMO, we need to find at least a starting guard, OLB, and safety from this draft. I just don't see how we can afford taking Denard unless we run the risk of an untested or late round guy starting somewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    43 years of SOJ at work there. Cohen should have never been a candidate or he should have been interviews in the beginning and never heard from again.