Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Revis has begun working out again

  1. #1

    Revis has begun working out again

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis


    Darrelle Revis (ACL surgery) has begun working out.

    "Just finished working out. The knee is feeling pretty good but still have a ways to go," Revis tweeted on Tuesday. Revis had his ACL repaired in mid-October and should be ready for training camp. He is due $6 million in the final year of his contract in 2013.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis


    Darrelle Revis (ACL surgery) has begun working out.

    "Just finished working out. The knee is feeling pretty good but still have a ways to go," Revis tweeted on Tuesday. Revis had his ACL repaired in mid-October and should be ready for training camp. He is due $6 million in the final year of his contract in 2013.
    He is not going to hold out, especially in a contract year. He need to show to the NFL that he is fully healthy and can still play with the same ability that he had so that he can get top dollar.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Can't wait to see him back on the field...

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He is not going to hold out, especially in a contract year. He need to show to the NFL that he is fully healthy and can still play with the same ability that he had so that he can get top dollar.
    That's a nice fantasy. Have you met his agents? I hope you're right but I am nowhere nearly as confident as you that they will take that approach.

  5. #5
    revis the beast.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,485
    I'm sure he'll be as relentless in his rehab as he normally is on the field on Sundays. Looking forward to watching him dominate next season

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    That's a nice fantasy. Have you met his agents? I hope you're right but I am nowhere nearly as confident as you that they will take that approach.
    It's not fantasy. It's logic. This would be a form of career suicide. You don't hold out for money when you're coming off of an injury. It doesn't make sense business wise.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    That's a nice fantasy. Have you met his agents? I hope you're right but I am nowhere nearly as confident as you that they will take that approach.
    Know the facts before posting. If he holds out he doesn't become an FA next season and the Jets have him by the balls from a negotiating standpoint. Personally I hope he does cause then the team has the upper hand in the situation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Know the facts before posting. If he holds out he doesn't become an FA next season and the Jets have him by the balls from a negotiating standpoint. Personally I hope he does cause then the team has the upper hand in the situation.
    Correct, but do not fail to leave out the rest of the facts. His contract also precludes us from Franchising him at the end of his contract, so if he does not renegotiate this year he will play out this contract and hit the open market. Then we either pay him top dollar or lose him for pretty much nothing in return but a compensatory pick in the end of the 3rd round at best.

  10. #10
    Lock him up, trade Cromartie, re-sign Landry.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He is not going to hold out, especially in a contract year. He need to show to the NFL that he is fully healthy and can still play with the same ability that he had so that he can get top dollar.
    I hope your right but I think Revis would hold out if he was in a wheelchair..

  12. #12
    i think it will good for Revis and the Jets to have someone else(the new GM) working on a deal

    and i believe many of us will be surprised how easy it will get done.

    comptent GM will faster and better results.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Know the facts before posting. If he holds out he doesn't become an FA next season and the Jets have him by the balls from a negotiating standpoint. Personally I hope he does cause then the team has the upper hand in the situation.
    I'm surprised to see you say this Mo. Wouldn't you think his agents believe they have leverage because a new GM won't want to come into a big-name holdout? Do you think they're above playing that card? Revis has enough money to not play for the Jets ever again and more than enough ego to not play for $6MM this year no matter how much he was paid in previous years.

    I'm well aware of the facts. It's not about facts with them. It's not about what's reasonable. It's about what they think they can accomplish by threatening a holdout.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    i think it will good for Revis and the Jets to have someone else(the new GM) working on a deal

    and i believe many of us will be surprised how easy it will get done.

    comptent GM will faster and better results.
    I hope this is right. The relationship between Tanny and F&S was toxic at best. Maybe we can get it done more reasonably this time.

  15. #15
    I also think that if the Jets tell Revis that next year they are going to clear a ton of cap room and will then renegotiate for a full contract, it should be fine.

    The Jets are going to be free of cap hell next year so they can pay him then.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I also think that if the Jets tell Revis that next year they are going to clear a ton of cap room and will then renegotiate for a full contract, it should be fine.

    The Jets are going to be free of cap hell next year so they can pay him then.
    And Revis' camp will say great, give us a little now and in return for our generosity you can include that boatload of money in guaranteed form in year 2 when you do clear out that money. Come on, you think theyre gonna wait for us out of the generosity of their hearts?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    And Revis' camp will say great, give us a little now and in return for our generosity you can include that boatload of money in guaranteed form in year 2 when you do clear out that money. Come on, you think theyre gonna wait for us out of the generosity of their hearts?
    It all has to do with logic.

    It is illogical for Revis or his agents to not only stage a holdout after an injury but prior to a contract season.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,567
    Revis has already said for the record that:

    1. He will not hold out and
    2. He does not expect a new contract until he can prove how good he is....

    Dems the facts folks....

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Revis has already said for the record that:

    1. He will not hold out and
    2. He does not expect a new contract until he can prove how good he is....

    Dems the facts folks....
    Facts? Pffft... No room for those here...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us