Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis has begun working out again

He can't hold out. There is writing in the contract where if he holds out, his current contract is extended 3 more years at like $4mil per year. No way he can hold out now.

All League
    Will we still be able to match another team's offer? Or is he completely unrestricted?

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Will we still be able to match another team's offer? Or is he completely unrestricted?
    No we will not, part of his contract guarantees we can not franchise him. If he hits the open market he is gone.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    No we will not, part of his contract guarantees we can not franchise him. If he hits the open market he is gone.
    Ok. I just know certain free agents can't be franchised but you can still match any offers.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    That's a nice fantasy. Have you met his agents? I hope you're right but I am nowhere nearly as confident as you that they will take that approach.
    Have you?

I have no doubt that he's not holding out. NO one would pay what he is worth off a blown knee.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Have you?

I have no doubt that he's not holding out. NO one would pay what he is worth off a blown knee.
    That statement makes perfect sense. Yet the Broncoes gave Peyton $18MM guaranteed this season off a blown neck and another $40MM guaranteed if he passes his physical this spring. I am as big a Revis fan as the next guy, but his history, plus the league's history of taking chances on injured players doesn't make me as confident as some of you seem to be.

Not saying you're wrong...I just don't share your confidence is all.

I'm surprised to see you say this Mo. Wouldn't you think his agents believe they have leverage because a new GM won't want to come into a big-name holdout? Do you think they're above playing that card? Revis has enough money to not play for the Jets ever again and more than enough ego to not play for $6MM this year no matter how much he was paid in previous years.

I'm well aware of the facts. It's not about facts with them. It's not about what's reasonable. It's about what they think they can accomplish by threatening a holdout.
    I apologize I have been a little bit cranky these days with people constantly bashing the team. So I am sorry for being a tad jumpy with my post.

The way I see it, if he holds out all of sudden the Jets have him locked up for another 4 years, 3 of which are super cheap as far as the cap is concerned. Sure he could try to hold out, but if the FO holds tight is he going to bypass 4 years of prime salary. He can rot if that's the case, we have nothing to lose at that point.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That statement makes perfect sense. Yet the Broncoes gave Peyton $18MM guaranteed this season off a blown neck and another $40MM guaranteed if he passes his physical this spring. I am as big a Revis fan as the next guy, but his history, plus the league's history of taking chances on injured players doesn't make me as confident as some of you seem to be.

Not saying you're wrong...I just don't share your confidence is all.
    18 mil, guaranteed without an injury provision?

Link?

If true one stupid team that risked all on a FREE AGENT is different than a player under contract trying to renegotiate his deal without any leverage or reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I hope your right but I think Revis would hold out if he was in a wheelchair..

As I recall, his contract has a holdout clause that states if he holds out, three years get added to his contract at roughly five or six mill a year.

Will be interesting to see how Idzy handles it.... Don't extend him and he goes live next season and someone pays him more money, he leaves, and we get dick....assuming he plays well and the knee is no issue. Or.... We pay him now, the knee doesn't fair well, and we are stuck with a newly extended player with a bad knee, and we GET dicked.

Tough decision.

Welcome to the NY Jets big John Idzik!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    As I recall, his contract has a holdout clause that states if he holds out, three years get added to his contract at roughly five or six mill a year.

Will be interesting to see how Idzy handles it.... Don't extend him and he goes live next season and someone pays him more money, he leaves, and we get dick....assuming he plays well and the knee is no issue. Or.... We pay him now, the knee doesn't fair well, and we are stuck with a newly extended player with a bad knee, and we GET dicked.

Tough decision.

There are very few players worth taking that chance on w a guarantee cash w that injury Peyton hashas proved his worth & Revis has proven his worth.Jet fans don't have much to cheer for ,don't take this away!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post

Tough decision.

He holds out we own him for 3 more years, whether he plays or sits for 3 years.

IMO, what's probably going to happen is an immediate trade before the draft, or he's going to play in 2013 and we take our chances. I don't see a negotiation happening prior to this upcoming season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Ok. I just know certain free agents can't be franchised but you can still match any offers.
    That only applies to RFA's.

Revis will be a FA, and free to go to any team regardless if the Jets match the offer or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Lock him up, trade Cromartie, re-sign Landry.
    If by Revis you mean Cromartie, I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Next year = audition year for Darrelle. Here or somewhere else. Most likely somewhere else since we cannot tag him.

He is not going to hold out.

Veteran
    I know I'll get blasted for this, but I say put him on the block and if someone offers two first rounds picks take it. Our secondary was fine without him, and you can't build a team with a CB who takes up 10% of your cap. 4 first rounders in two years would expedite Idzik's vision for building the team.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I know I'll get blasted for this, but I say put him on the block and if someone offers two first rounds picks take it.
    There is not one team out there that would offer two 1st round picks for Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    BB has about 25 second rd picks saved up how about 2 of those..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Hence the "if", and I'm sure you're right, as we all know that you are privy to the thinking of the other 31 GMs in the league

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Hence the "if", and I'm sure you're right, as we all know that you are privy to the thinking of the other 31 GMs in the league
    I'm still shocked we got 2 1's from the Buc's for KJ..
    Last edited by Savage69; 01-23-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    BB has about 25 second rd picks saved up how about 2 of those..
    All those 2nd round picks were blown on crappy WR's.