Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nebraska Governor Approves Keystone XL Route

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    fracking is even safe around underground aquifers like Long Island's, and NYC doesn't use aquifers.

but by all means, keep taking those dumps! maybe some NYC dip****s will find a floater....
    Have they finally released all the chemicals they use for fracking?

I like how people want to pump their chests, support the pipeline and call out those who oppose it as ecofools

if we could seriously get our OWN oil here in north america, and the price drops significantly, id be ALL for it...

Heres the reality: the pipeline comes in. people will have to lose their own land in the process. the oil will be sold to china. gas prices will not go down a single penny, but rise as it has been, there will be leaks and pollution ruining your drinking water and a small core of industrialists will become even richer

wake up white people

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I like how people want to pump their chests, support the pipeline and call out those who oppose it as ecofools

if we could seriously get our OWN oil here in north america, and the price drops significantly, id be ALL for it...

Heres the reality: the pipeline comes in. people will have to lose their own land in the process. the oil will be sold to china. gas prices will not go down a single penny, but rise as it has been, there will be leaks and pollution ruining your drinking water and a small core of industrialists will become even richer

wake up white people
    Industrialists...LOL John Rockefeller says hi.

Two things. Canada is part of North America. Just sayin. Also theres plenty of oil in the USA but inexplicably we aren't drilling for it. ANWAR in Alaska comes to mind.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Another problem with this is pipeline is that the tar sands AKA bitumen are basically strip mined and because of this it is only profitable when gasoline is expensive. So my guess is if gas drops below $3 this pipeline stops being used/profitable.

I’d sign the deal if…
    Canada agrees to buy the F35’s they are hinting at bailing on and thus shoring up the uber-fighter boondoggle the pentagon took on. Secondly 10cents per barrel goes to putting solar panels on public schools and thus fix the cost of energy for our schools.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Industrialists...LOL John Rockefeller says hi.

Two things. Canada is part of North America. Just sayin. Also theres plenty of oil in the USA but inexplicably we aren't drilling for it. ANWAR in Alaska comes to mind.
    im well aware that canada is part of north america. what i meant was that if we really could get all the local oil we needed, for a bargain price, id be all for it. otherwise, it will just be exactly as it is now except you can add in more pollution and and added risk of terrorist attack. It doesnt seem like too much of a job to drive an off road bronco loaded with fertilizer to this pipe and blow it up.

oh wait, you think pollution is cool.....nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    im well aware that canada is part of north america. what i meant was that if we really could get all the local oil we needed, for a bargain price, id be all for it. otherwise, it will just be exactly as it is now except you can add in more pollution and and added risk of terrorist attack. It doesnt seem like too much of a job to drive an off road bronco loaded with fertilizer to this pipe and blow it up.

oh wait, you think pollution is cool.....nevermind
    It will reduce pollution substantially if we use it to replace coal. Pipeline is much safer than tanker transport.

I question why we are transporting it to the gulf coast? Seems to me the reason is to refine it and export value added oil products out of the country.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    It will reduce pollution substantially if we use it to replace coal. Pipeline is much safer than tanker transport.

I question why we are transporting it to the gulf coast? Seems to me the reason is to refine it and export value added oil products out of the country.
    Arbitrage?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    fixeddy fixed!
    lol, Nice job, there, neighbor-eeno.