Thread: DB Coach for Jets?

DB Coach for Jets?

@RichCimini: #Jets showing interest in former NFL star/Fresno State DB coach Tim McDonald for position on coaching staff, per reports out of Fresno.

http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-f...ald_tim00.html

With Thurman becoming DC.
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: #Jets showing interest in former NFL star/Fresno State DB coach Tim McDonald for position on coaching staff, per reports out of Fresno.

http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-f...ald_tim00.html

With Thurman becoming DC.
    Interesting Dennis Thurman and Tim McDonald have connections dating back their days together at The Cardinals. Thurman coached him in the late 80's and they both were star players in college at USC. It also looks like the Jets are going to be hiring Bobby April Jr to be an assistant on the staff. Probably DB or special teams. Quality control type job.

Some questions still remain with the Jets coaching staff. Will they retain offensive line coach Dave Duglielmo? Who will be named Linebackers Coach and will anyone get the assistant head coaching label?
    Last edited by YJF; 01-22-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Tim McDonald's son (TJ) is in the draft. If he gets hired, it would be interesting to see if the Jets take a shot at him.

Would be a great hire. I'm a student at Fresno State so I saw what he did with that defense this season, it was light and day from last season. Don't be surprised to see the Jets looking after Phillip Thomas in the draft in the late rounds this season. Thomas was a huge playmaker this season for us, the best DB in the nation, would be good to plug in when we lose one of our safeties in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Tim McDonald's son (TJ) is in the draft. If he gets hired, it would be interesting to see if the Jets take a shot at him.
    If the Jets don't resign either Landry or Bell. They could target TJ in the 3rd round. If he's still there.

mcdonald...........

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    If the Jets don't resign either Landry or Bell. They could target TJ in the 3rd round. If he's still there.
    is not getting out of the 2nd round.........but yes, my guest would be a lb in the 1st, Jordon, mingo, then a safety in the 2nd. McDonald or reid.

All League
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Jets are expected to hire six-time Pro Bowler Tim McDonald to be new defensive backs coach, per source. (To replace DThurman, who's new DC)

Hall Of Fame
    This would be a very good hire.

I am more interested in what the Jets are doing with the offensive coaching staff. RB coach, OL coach, WR coach. Has there been any word on their status?

Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    is not getting out of the 2nd round.........but yes, my guest would be a lb in the 1st, Jordon, mingo, then a safety in the 2nd. McDonald or reid.
    In no way will tj mcdonald be a second round pick.

He had a bad year on a bad defense, and is not a fast twitch cover guy. Plus there are a lot of good safeties this year that can actually run.

He can be a good "in the box' type hybrid player, but I would think the 4-6th round area is more likely for him. We got antonio allen in the 7th last year and they are similar players.

thanks for letting me know..........

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    In no way will tj mcdonald be a second round pick.

He had a bad year on a bad defense, and is not a fast twitch cover guy. Plus there are a lot of good safeties this year that can actually run.

He can be a good "in the box' type hybrid player, but I would think the 4-6th round area is more likely for him. We got antonio allen in the 7th last year and they are similar players.
    thought he was a 4.5 - 4.6 guy. what about reid, he seems to be slipping too.............

Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    thought he was a 4.5 - 4.6 guy. what about reid, he seems to be slipping too.............
    From Tonys notes on the senior bowl, macdonald, rambo, shawn williams and lester all seem to be to be underwhelming the scouts there.

Reid i think is more of a second round pick and vaccaro is a first rounder. Elam probably a second rounder as well.

Apparently a safety from FIU, Cyprien has really impressed so far.

again, thanks for letting me know ............

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    From Tonys notes on the senior bowl, macdonald, rambo, shawn williams and lester all seem to be to be underwhelming the scouts there.

Reid i think is more of a second round pick and vaccaro is a first rounder. Elam probably a second rounder as well.

Apparently a safety from FIU, Cyprien has really impressed so far.
    I really didn't know how good or bad this draft class was this year, not much info out on it. but, now that the end of the year reports are going to start coming out, ill know. I did see where vacarro was climbing up the charts.