Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Classless Patriots fans as usual

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Classless Patriots fans as usual

Football tends to bring out the worst in people and this Sunday's AFC Championship game is apparently evidence of that. While some fans come up with clever and often hilarious ways to mock and taunt the opposing team, others stick to low-brow and offensive means of getting inside the opposing team's head. Back in September, the morning Smith was set to play on Sunday Night Football, his younger brother Tevin died in a motorcycle accident. Smith went on to have one of the best games of his career that night and the performance is one of the most emotional stories of the 2012 NFL season. But while most fans supported Smith through the ordeal, Patriots fans used it as game-day fodder when it came to their taunts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waaa. Waaa.

All fan bases have their idiots within them. I've seen some pretty rude behavior from Jets fans towards enemy fans and players as well. Not like we are immune to this stuff either.

They need to ban alcohol and tailgating for this to stop.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No need to start another thread about the Patriots. They pretty suck now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    15 pages, 5 bans and 3 sandy vaginas minimum.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That happens at every stadium.

You get 70,000 people together, some are going to be jackoffs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All fan bases have their idiots within them. I've seen some pretty rude behavior from Jets fans towards enemy fans and players as well. Not like we are immune to this stuff either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waaa. Waaa.

SAR I
    SAR .....hear what you're saying, but when Bud and Coors are two of the biggest sponsors of the NFL, that will be hard to do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    SAR .....hear what you're saying, but when Bud and Coors are two of the biggest sponsors of the NFL, that will be hard to do.
    I agree, it's all about money.

But the problem is the belligerent drunks who start sipping the sauce at 8:00 in the morning in the parking lot and arrive to the game blotto at 1:30. Add barbecue and bad 80s hair-band music into the mix, and it's a volatile situation.

Saying all Patriots fans are classless is not fair; they just have a much larger tailgating scene then we do so it brings out even more of the burping farting blue-collar belligerent types.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classless PATS fans is redundant.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Football tends to bring out the worst in people and this Sunday's AFC Championship game is apparently evidence of that. While some fans come up with clever and often hilarious ways to mock and taunt the opposing team, others stick to low-brow and offensive means of getting inside the opposing team's head. Back in September, the morning Smith was set to play on Sunday Night Football, his younger brother Tevin died in a motorcycle accident. Smith went on to have one of the best games of his career that night and the performance is one of the most emotional stories of the 2012 NFL season. But while most fans supported Smith through the ordeal, Patriots fans used it as game-day fodder when it came to their taunts.
    Was there supposed to be a link with this? How did Patriots fans use it as game day fodder?

Anyhoo, I can see this heading into the usual beaten to death tailgating blather so I'll close it before things get ugly.

-