Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dollar Shave Club: Too good to be true? No!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The "siphon jet" flushing system will amaze you. Everything goes down in a flash of power.
    they should add pyrotechnics at the very end

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I must look into this. I feel let down by the poor evacuation in the American Standards.
    -
    there should be no gurgling or chugging either - that's for south american toilets.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 01-25-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    they should add pyrotechnics at the very end
    LOL. Or klieg lights.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    there should be no gurgling or chugging either - that's for south american toilets.
    So the shaving thread went down the toilet.

My 2 cents: I replaced every toilet in my many house with an American Standard ie., American Standard Clean White 1.6 GPF High Efficiency WaterSense Elongated Dual-Flush 2-Piece Toilet

You can get them at Lowes for $199 and they go on sale about 4 times a year. I get an additional Veterans discount and get them for about $140.

They have a very powerful flush and very easy to replace.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    My wife and I both b1tch about that American Standard toilet. It has one-half the power and efficiency of the Toto.

No joke, after hearing it flush, you would swear that the Toto toilet is a pressure assist, and it's not. I could not recommend it any higher. In about six years, we've never had a backup or needed to plunge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    So the shaving thread went down the toilet.

My 2 cents: I replaced every toilet in my many house with an American Standard ie., American Standard Clean White 1.6 GPF High Efficiency WaterSense Elongated Dual-Flush 2-Piece Toilet

You can get them at Lowes for $199 and they go on sale about 4 times a year. I get an additional Veterans discount and get them for about $140.

They have a very powerful flush and very easy to replace.
    Oh crap. Dueling shltter reviews.

Borge, is that terlet a one piece? Doesn't look like the tank screws to the bowl. Good design if so. Although $327 is a lot for a crapper.

It's too bad Lowes, et al, don't have the shltters hooked up so you can see/hear the flush.

Jets Insider VIP
    Here's a thought.

I would rather be found cold and stiff, underarm gel positioned beneath my left pit, in a desperate attempt to "get it up" one last time....than to be a bitter, contrarian lad in his 30's.... divorced from the mother of his children, who get to witness their tattoo'd rad dad playing drums in the living room to old crappy death metal and high on drugs... showing off to his big teeted girlfriend...while they scramble for crumbs.

Its not even close.

Priorities are a wonderful thing.

-
    lolz...

My post was actually meant as a FB comment to a buddy of mine's wall. It seems I mistakenly copy and pasted the wrong stuff to Tapatalk instead.

But it's nice to know how you really feel, 32.

And why say stuff about my kids, bro? Seems a little rough.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 01-25-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Here's a thought.

I would rather be found cold and stiff, underarm gel positioned beneath my left pit, in a desperate attempt to "get it up" one last time....than to be a bitter, contrarian lad in his 30's.... divorced from the mother of his children, who get to witness their tattoo'd rad dad playing drums in the living room to old crappy death metal and high on drugs... showing off to his big teeted girlfriend...while they scramble for crumbs.

Its not even close.

Priorities are a wonderful thing.

-
    Here's what I meant to post before you decided that I was a deadbeat, drug addict father who doesn't take care of his kids. FWIW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAZnGeBcgg

All League
    So no advice on a crapper?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Here's what I meant to post before you decided that I was a deadbeat, drug addict father who doesn't take care of his kids. FWIW:

I think you're good people plumber. For what it's worth . Even though if this was the time of the crusades I would decapitate you on site.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I think you're good people plumber. For what it's worth . Even though if this was the time of the crusades I would decapitate you on site.
    Decapitation.

I think that's what the 17th blade does.

Sent from a phone using an app

All Pro

LOLZ. That reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sstCC7T0Do4

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    So no advice on a crapper?
    American Standard full 3" trap. With the Niagara flapper.

It's doot proof.

Hall Of Fame
    Kohler one-piece toilets are the best. Elongated.

All Pro
    Toilets are for gringos.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

And why say stuff about my kids, bro? Seems a little rough.
    Didnt really mean it that way, I know we abuse eachother and guess I got a little too familiar. Oh...I meant to post it on my facebook wall.

No offense intended, its all stuff you posted yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Oh crap. Dueling shltter reviews.

Borge, is that terlet a one piece? Doesn't look like the tank screws to the bowl. Good design if so. Although $327 is a lot for a crapper.

It's too bad Lowes, et al, don't have the shltters hooked up so you can see/hear the flush.
    One piece. As with everything, shop and ask around.

Jets Insider VIP
    No offense intended, its all stuff you posted yourself!

I know, bro. That's why I wasn't that upset about it. I hadn't revisited the thread in a couple days and was wondering why the heck it had evolved into a discussion on toilets.

Then I went back a page. lol....

As far as toilets go....Niagara Flapperless is the best out there. I took the fill valve from a Niagara and put it in an American Standard 3". It'll suck down an orange. (99.99% of toilets actually have a 2" trap built into them...and then are connected to a 3" pipe. Surprised it took 100 years for the dummy manufacturers to say 'HEY! We should make the toilet the same size as the line we are hooking the toilet to!!)...
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 01-26-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I know, bro. That's why I wasn't that upset about it. I hadn't revisited the thread in a couple days and was wondering why the heck it had evolved into a discussion on toilets.

Then I went back a page. lol....

As far as toilets go....Niagara Flapperless is the best out there. I took the fill valve from a Niagara and put it in an American Standard 3". It'll suck down an orange. (99.99% of toilets actually have a 2" trap built into them...and then are connected to a 3" pipe. Surprised it took 100 years for the dummy manufacturers to say 'HEY! We should make the toilet the same size as the line we are hooking the toilet to!!)...
    Where do you buy them ? I googled it and saw lots of Ebay listings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Where do you buy them ? I googled it and saw lots of Ebay listings.
    Don't know where you're exactly at...but I used to get them at Winnelson Plumbing Supply. Most pluming supply places can order them for you.

They're great. Since the water to flus isn't held in the porcelain tank itself, the outside of the toilet never sweats or condensates. And it had just as much flushing power as a jet assist.

And it has 2 moving parts instead of 5...

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't know where you're exactly at...but I used to get them at Winnelson Plumbing Supply. Most pluming supply places can order them for you.

They're great. Since the water to flus isn't held in the porcelain tank itself, the outside of the toilet never sweats or condensates. And it had just as much flushing power as a jet assist.

And it has 2 moving parts instead of 5...

Sounds great. Next time I'll go to Masters Plumbing in Vernon NJ. I need to research this as the concept is interesting and sweating can be a problem in the summer time. Thanks