Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez will be our #1 QB in 2013

Undrafted Free Agent
    i agree with you, but a lot of QBs have regressed - Rivers, Freeman, Palmer, Stafford, etc. The list goes on of QBs who have a bad season here and there. The problem is the Jet media circus is what it is, so everyone talks about Sanchez, and the other guys get a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    You make some valid points but his past two years showed that he has only gotten worse....it's crazy to think he can be a starting QB after the 2012 season.....if I somehow turns it around in 2013 (I'm confident he won't) then it will be one of the few times that I was glad I am wrong. Te alternative can actually be a new veteran QB or even a draft pick....absurd to think that another QB cannot come in under the new offensive system and flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonetime86 View Post
    Do you know why the Jets don't run a progressive offense? It's because Sanchez, to date, has not shown the ability to do so. Running the ball, theoretically speaking, should make it easier for the quarter back. Teams routinely stack the box against the Jets because they know he can't beat them. Can you imagine if some defenses routinely stacked the box against a team like the Packers? They would get torched.

I have seen QB's around the league do better with less than Sanchez has.

Maybe his lack of starting QB experience, at the collegiate level, has a contributing factor to his mediocre play.With that said, starting on a team that has a an elite O line,stout defense, solid running game and special teams should have been ideal. That type of support limits the responsibilities of the QB.

I'm not suggesting that he can't improve, but if he does, he has a long road ahead of him.
    The Greenbay WR corp is miles ahead of the crap we put out. Our best receiver Kerley would be a 3 on their squad. He would also be the shortest!
    Sanchez who had 32 total TD's in 2011 would have made the playoffs if he still had Cotch, Edwards, and Smith that year. Some of the guys who started this year at WR did not even attend training camp, and can guarantee at least a couple will be cut and not make any NFL squad, but we fielded them this year.
    Just out of curiosity what NFL QB has done more with less?

Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    i agree with you, but a lot of QBs have regressed - Rivers, Freeman, Palmer, Stafford, etc. The list goes on of QBs who have a bad season here and there. The problem is the Jet media circus is what it is, so everyone talks about Sanchez, and the other guys get a pass.
    Those QBs aren't assfumbling.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    No QB's can. None of them play defense.

You are delusional. Mark Sanchez in four seasons has been the sole reason for a win exactly once.

And no QB these days is winning a Super Bowl without being able to complete 6 out of 10 throws.

As Ray Lucas has said so eloquently:

"I can suit up right now, with a screwed up spine, and complete 60% of my passes."

Of course you can, because if you can't, you suck.
    Ray Lucas had a 58% career completion %, I don't want Sanchez as our QB, but Lucas should STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    The Greenbay WR corp is miles ahead of the crap we put out. Our best receiver Kerley would be a 3 on their squad. He would also be the shortest!
    Sanchez who had 32 total TD's in 2011 would have made the playoffs if he still had Cotch, Edwards, and Smith that year. Some of the guys who started this year at WR did not even attend training camp, and can guarantee at least a couple will be cut and not make any NFL squad, but we fielded them this year.
    Just out of curiosity what NFL QB has done more with less?
    I was making reference to the 2010 season. I should have been more clear. With that said, even in 2010, when he had those guys along with the defense o line and running game he was pedestrian at best.

This past season injuries decimated his receiving corps, but I can't tell if he would have been astronomically better because even when he had weapons his numbers were below average.

Two, Philip Rivers might have head better weapons at the skill positions (keep in mind he had to deal with injuries also) but his oline was markedly worse than Sanchez and put up far superior numbers.

Undrafted Free Agent
    so how do you then explain a 95 rating in 6 playoff road games, including 9 tds and 3 picks? pure luck?

I was making reference to the 2010 season. I should have been more clear. With that said, even in 2010, when he had those guys along with the defense o line and running game he was pedestrian at best.

This past season injuries decimated his receiving corps, but I can't tell if he would have been astronomically better because even when he had weapons his numbers were below average.

Two, Philip Rivers might have head better weapons at the skill positions (keep in mind he had to deal with injuries also) but his oline was markedly worse than Sanchez and put up far superior numbers.

Banned
    so how do you then explain a 95 rating in 6 playoff road games, including 9 tds and 3 picks? pure luck?
    Who gives a crap what a QB did 3 and 4 years ago.

What has Sanchez done in the last 2 years?

Oh yea, he was the worst starting QB in the NFL.

It's not pure luck. As an NFL athlete drafted high in the first round, you're going to have some type of ability. With that said, his defense, o line and running game (among other things) put him in prime position to succeed.

Context is very important. For example, you can't compare Sanchez to someone like Andrew Luck. Luck's O line blows, in both run and pass blocking, the colts defense is mediocre at best, and he has to throw a **** ton of passes. He was 5th in passing attempts this season (as a rookie). Although that was an extreme example, the point I am trying to make is this: if Sanchez went to back to back AFC championship games under Luck's context he would be unequivocally the man. The reality is Sanchez had very little to do in most of those wins. Him not coming close to a 300 yard game during that playoff run is evidence of that.

To be fair I don't think it's impossible for him to improve. I also think he his a hard worker, but he has a long road ahead of him.

Practice Squad
    i believe mark will not be on the team next season. i agree with the faction that feel teams are rethinking the whole dead money issue and i believe the team will add two qb's one veteran and one via the draft.

but the real reason i think mark will not be on the team next year.... imagine the following scenario.... after a lot of thought the jets decide to give mark another shot and start him game one... after going three and out on his first drive sanchez throws an interception on his second drive....

can everyone imagine the deafening roar of the fans. the stomping in the stands. the beer being thrown. the entire chaotic screaming cursing freaking out that would ensue after the first sanchez turnover of the new season.

this could potentially cause a riot. and i hope management understands this and acts accordingly. you can always make excuses for a new qb on the team...there is NO EXCUSE in the largest sports market in america to start mark sanchez.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Who gives a crap what a QB did 3 and 4 years ago.

What has Sanchez done in the last 2 years?

Oh yea, he was the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    No bucks, no Buck Rodgers.

Mark doesn't need "salvaging". Mark needs "support".

Playmakers Mark had earlier in his career:

Edwards,
    Holmes,
    Cotchery,
    Burress,
    Keller,
    Smith,
    Tomlinson,
    Richardson,
    Jones,
    Greene (young),
    Washington.

Replacement players this/last year:

Schillens,
    Hill,
    Kerley,
    McKnight,
    Connor,
    Gates,
    Hilliard,
    Reuland,
    Gilyard,
    Greene (old).

Find me one player that's a better one-for-one swap of the guy he replaced. Do it. You can't. We had the worst set of receiving targets in the NFL. It's hard to be a good QB when you have nothing to throw to.

Note that I did not list the OL fails.

Note that I did not list the Coordinator fail.

Note that I did not list the Tebow distraction.

SAR I

You do know that he was terrible even with the "playmakers" he did have?

I also noted that you noted a lot of bad excuses.

While he does need support, we shouldn't have to surround him with probowlers just to get him back to being average.

Should also be noted that not having great receiver doesn't excuse his bad timing, underthrows, overthrows, fumbling, bad pocket presence, bad field vision, general inaccuracy, etc.

So, yes, he DOES need to be salvaged.

Its all a symptom of the offensive gameplan. Sure teams like GB , SF , Balt flourish on offense because they're running game opens up the passing game. Rex never wanted a passing game, he would have been content to run it every time on offense, not because of his lack of faith in Sanchez but his desire to be G&P. Sanchez was a game manager at best in 2010 , you can't compare his offense against teams who actually wanted to throw the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by joe resler View Post
    i believe mark will not be on the team next season. i agree with the faction that feel teams are rethinking the whole dead money issue and i believe the team will add two qb's one veteran and one via the draft.

but the real reason i think mark will not be on the team next year.... imagine the following scenario.... after a lot of thought the jets decide to give mark another shot and start him game one... after going three and out on his first drive sanchez throws an interception on his second drive....

can everyone imagine the deafening roar of the fans. the stomping in the stands. the beer being thrown. the entire chaotic screaming cursing freaking out that would ensue after the first sanchez turnover of the new season.

this could potentially cause a riot. and i hope management understands this and acts accordingly. you can always make excuses for a new qb on the team...there is NO EXCUSE in the largest sports market in america to start mark sanchez.
    Yeah that's the reason he might not start because the fans might riot
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 01-29-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    While he does need support, we shouldn't have to surround him with probowlers just to get him back to being average.

Should also be noted that not having great receiver doesn't excuse his bad timing, underthrows, overthrows, fumbling, bad pocket presence, bad field vision, general inaccuracy, etc.

So, yes, he DOES need to be salvaged.
    I wholeheartedly agree with the fumbling and pocket presence. Timing, underthrows, overthrows & innaccuracy are just as much a symptom of the "non-probowlers" who were running routes for the team last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with the fumbling and pocket presence. Timing, underthrows, overthrows & innaccuracy are just as much a symptom of the "non-probowlers" who were running routes for the team last year.
    Mmm, not always. Look at things like the 1st NE game where Mark had Hill WIDE open near (might have been in) the endzone for an hour and underthrew him. The result was a pick.

As much as people want to make excuses for Mark and blame his issues on others, it can't be denied that he just isn't that good. With good receivers, his ceiling is average.

Mmm, not always. Look at things like the 1st NE game where Mark had Hill WIDE open near (might have been in) the endzone for an hour and underthrew him. The result was a pick.

As much as people want to make excuses for Mark and blame his issues on others, it can't be denied that he just isn't that good. With good receivers, his ceiling is average.

Yes, he made bad throws , every QB does. In a normal offense they get masked by the fact that the QB can make amends, in Rex's offense there's just not that many chances. Look at Eli last year only 3 less picks than Sanchez , but in the Giants offense they don't lock the ball away a) when they get a lead, b) to try and establish a gameplan by running first. He might be average , he might still be very good and there's a chance he might just suck again , but at least the offense has a chance to move out the dark ages this season. Running the G&P in today's NFL is like trying to play a trombone in a phone booth it just doesn't fit.

Are there people out there who still really believe that Sanchez can magically transform from the 32nd ranked frog into an elite prince?

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yes, he made bad throws , every QB does. In a normal offense they get masked by the fact that the QB can make amends, in Rex's offense there's just not that many chances. Look at Eli last year only 3 less picks than Sanchez , but in the Giants offense they don't lock the ball away a) when they get a lead, b) to try and establish a gameplan by running first. He might be average , he might still be very good and there's a chance he might just suck again , but at least the offense has a chance to move out the dark ages this season. Running the G&P in today's NFL is like trying to play a trombone in a phone booth it just doesn't fit.
    QBs make bad throws sometimes. Happens, and I accept that. Failchez, doing the only thing he does consistently, makes bad throws ALL the time.

Also..."still be very good"? What the **** are you smoking? Lolchez was never "very good". He's always been pretty average, don't make any mistake about it.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

QBs make bad sometimes. Happens, and I accept that. Failchez, doing the only thing he does consistently, makes bad throws ALL the time.

Also..."still be very good"? What the **** are you smoking? Lolchez was never "very good". He's always been pretty average, don't make any mistake about it.
    I said he might as in perhaps this season with an offense that wasn't taken from the 1950's.