Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 373

Thread: Mark Sanchez will be our #1 QB in 2013

  1. #161
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,599
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Rex has some sort of strange nepotistic relationship Mark ... Creepy.
    No hes just blinded by loyalty especially to veteran players he feels have contributed to his success. All Rex sees is the QB he drafted and got to two championship games he cannot see that Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL. no matter how bad he plays.

    Loyalty is Rex's biggest strength and his fatal flaw. When he started here, that loyalty led to players rallying around a coach maybe as much as has ever happened, but now that same loyalty prevents him from making the proper calls on players especially veterans that need to be replaced. But Rex just can't do it. It's why he needs to go, actually. He WILL saddle us with Sanchez again if he gets his way.

  2. #162
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I just realized, today, that this is absolutely how this offseason is going to pan out.

    Cutting him is out, he's too expensive under any projected cap-hit-scenario-projection I've read.

    Trading him is out, for much the same reason (and because no one else wants to pay him).

    So that means we're keeping him.

    And if we're keeping him, he is not going to be the #2. He's just not.

    Mark Sanchez is going to get another full year to win or lose as a Jet, fan reaction be damned. In a new Morning-Whig System that depends heavily on a timely, accurate, quick-reading Quareterback.

    Dreams (of some) for Flynn, or Alex Smith, or Moore, or any of the various lolJag's in the "related to Morning-Whig or new QB Coach" thread are just that, dreams.

    At most, and journeyman will be brought in to replace Tebow (maybe) as the #2, and "challenge" Sanchez, i.e. not challenge him at all.

    And Mark will be our opening day Starter at QB.

    Worse, I think there is every possabillity we could open the 2013 season with BOTH Sanchez AND Tebow on the roster.
    I agree on most counts. Especially the part about being saddened by this situation.

    But if they bring in a T. Jackson calibre QB, and if Sanchez gets some good off season psyche counseling, I could see Sanchez beating out McElroy and T. Jackson or equivalent just since he has superior tools.

    If this is all true, I just hope they have a quick hook next year in the likely case Sanchez implodes again.

    As some others mentioned, I wouldn't mind a drafted QB instead of a journeyman as long as we don't reach in the draft.

    Also if Tebow is back I seriously am going to try to get back into grad school or get a second job or have another kid or whatever to keep me away. I understand we have another 6-12 months of Tebow fan/media aftershocks, but I don't think I can take another full season of them.

  3. #163
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No hes just blinded by loyalty especially to veteran players he feels have contributed to his success. All Rex sees is the QB he drafted and got to two championship games he cannot see that Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL. no matter how bad he plays.

    Loyalty is Rex's biggest strength and his fatal flaw. When he started here, that loyalty led to players rallying around a coach maybe as much as has ever happened, but now that same loyalty prevents him from making the proper calls on players especially veterans that need to be replaced. But Rex just can't do it. It's why he needs to go, actually. He WILL saddle us with Sanchez again if he gets his way.
    I believe he is alienating the majority of his players due to the misplaced loyalty to 'his guys' ... He he achieved the impossible ... He alienated Tim Tebow.

    He alienated Cotchery in favor of e most selfish wide receiver in the history of the game.

  4. #164
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    And every game he starts I will not be in attendance. I will not attend another Jets game until Mark Sanchez is benched .... again .... or released. He is the #1 reason this team is in the shape it's in - his regression, his piss poor play. Blame injuries/"lack of talent" at WR all you'd like - he still sucks. You could have Jerry Rice flanking Calvin Johnson and he's still throwing into triple coverage, making horrible reads and throwing across his body like an idiot. The talent doesn't matter if you can't read a damn defense.

    My tickets will be up on StubHub if this comes true.

  5. #165
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Nice post SAR ... I agree with all of this.(except the jibe at Rex) I would prefer that Mark be relegated to permanent backup role until he has clearly distanced himself from his competitors... Whomever they may be ... If Tebow is with us ... I would prefer him to start over Sanchez until Mark proves he is starter material.
    How do you prove your starter material in the offense the Jets ran last year. We all saw what happened when they started McElroy , he played within the constraints of the O and took the 10 sacks. Sanchez forced throws all over the field last year otherwise it would have been even more of a chorus line offense than it was. How do you have a competition see which one takes the most sacks in practice.

    At least this year hopefully with a normal offensive gameplan there will be something to judge.
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 01-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.

  6. #166
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No hes just blinded by loyalty especially to veteran players he feels have contributed to his success. All Rex sees is the QB he drafted and got to two championship games he cannot see that Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL. no matter how bad he plays.

    Loyalty is Rex's biggest strength and his fatal flaw. When he started here, that loyalty led to players rallying around a coach maybe as much as has ever happened, but now that same loyalty prevents him from making the proper calls on players especially veterans that need to be replaced. But Rex just can't do it. It's why he needs to go, actually. He WILL saddle us with Sanchez again if he gets his way.
    No he didn't didn't saddle us with Sanchez he saddled us with a piss poor plan for an offense. No QB could have thrived in the Jets offense last year , lack of weapons, lack of a dominant Oline and running game and lack of any creativity on offense. You state Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL, but how many other QB's could have survived with the weapons we had last year. Ponder, Gabbert, Fitzpatrick, hell Eli had 3 less picks with way more talent, put any of those QB's on the Jets with the same "playmakers" and offensive philosophy and I believe you'd be changing your opinion.

  7. #167
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And every game he starts I will not be in attendance. I will not attend another Jets game until Mark Sanchez is benched .... again .... or released. He is the #1 reason this team is in the shape it's in - his regression, his piss poor play. Blame injuries/"lack of talent" at WR all you'd like - he still sucks. You could have Jerry Rice flanking Calvin Johnson and he's still throwing into triple coverage, making horrible reads and throwing across his body like an idiot. The talent doesn't matter if you can't read a damn defense.

    My tickets will be up on StubHub if this comes true.
    And if he played within the constraints of the offense he would have threw less picks and thrown into triple coverages less but taken 10+ sacks per game.

    How can you read a defense when you have 3 seconds to throw and recievers who couldn't get open if they had an infectious disease.

  8. #168
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No hes just blinded by loyalty especially to veteran players he feels have contributed to his success. All Rex sees is the QB he drafted and got to two championship games he cannot see that Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL. no matter how bad he plays.

    Loyalty is Rex's biggest strength and his fatal flaw. When he started here, that loyalty led to players rallying around a coach maybe as much as has ever happened, but now that same loyalty prevents him from making the proper calls on players especially veterans that need to be replaced. But Rex just can't do it. It's why he needs to go, actually. He WILL saddle us with Sanchez again if he gets his way.
    I was screaming for rex's head when he wouldnt pull mark after 3-6. It was like Mark was single handingly blowing games on purpose.. and it just got worse. No one could have been worse than sanchez.. when they put Mcelroy in he looked good (only because sanchez was so bad) but didnt have to do much at all in arizona. But the start he got against SD we were able to see how weak of an arm he really had.. That is why D was all over him with sacks, they werent worried about him throwing deep so they didnt need to give help deep, just rush him.. and he took a while to throw.. Not saying he was worse than sanchez, but he doesnt have the ability to be good.. Mark has ability but he is not that smart, and is weak mentally.. Rex had no real chioce but to hope sanchez could turn it around.. Since for yet another year MT did not provide any suitable backup qb.. I think if Sparano wasnt so retarted Jets could have tried tebow.. But tony had enough problems trying to run the regular O, no way could he switch a O for tebow in midseason.. He had all offseason to prepare for wildcat and did horrible with that..

  9. #169
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I think ends up happening:

    Jets trade Revis for a 1st and a 3rd, Jets trade said 3rd and a late rd pick to Seattle for Flynn, Jets waive Sanchez on June 1st.

    Depth Chart next season:

    1. Flynn
    2. McElroy
    3. cheap undrafted rookie



    The Morhinweg hire has Flynn written all over it. Morhinweg is a West Coast guy and the offense Flynn knows is WCO from his GB days. Sanchez ends up in Oakland.

  10. #170
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No he didn't didn't saddle us with Sanchez he saddled us with a piss poor plan for an offense. No QB could have thrived in the Jets offense last year , lack of weapons, lack of a dominant Oline and running game and lack of any creativity on offense. You state Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL, but how many other QB's could have survived with the weapons we had last year. Ponder, Gabbert, Fitzpatrick, hell Eli had 3 less picks with way more talent, put any of those QB's on the Jets with the same "playmakers" and offensive philosophy and I believe you'd be changing your opinion.
    Great point. How'd Greg "Rex is so dumb for not starting this guy over Suckchez" McElroy do? Peyton wanted nothing to do with this offensive roster.

  11. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

    Loyalty is Rex's biggest strength and his fatal flaw.
    How is loyalty a strength of any HC in the NFL?

    Good/great HC's know exactly when to bench/release players who are not performing, regardless of what they have accomplished in the past.

    Where has Wreck's loyalty with players such as Revis, Sanchez, Harris, Scott and Pace gotten the Jets? In the total mess they are in today.

    Loyalty is a HC's kiss of death.

  12. #172
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How is loyalty a strength of any HC in the NFL?

    Good/great HC's know exactly when to bench/release players who are not performing, regardless of what they have accomplished in the past.

    Where has Wreck's loyalty with players such as Revis, Sanchez, Harris, Scott and Pace gotten the Jets? In the total mess they are in today.

    Loyalty is a HC's kiss of death.
    Rex wasn't loyal he was just sticking with the same core of players that got him to a 28-20 record first 3 years as a HC.

  13. #173
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hear some interesting ideas on WFAN about packaging Revis with Sanchez...for someone like a Cassel....I'd rather try a Glennon on for size before I trade a star away for mediocrity. I think the depth chart will be:
    1) Glennon
    2) McElroy

    at least for opening day....Sanchez is gone!

  14. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Rex wasn't loyal he was just sticking with the same core of players that got him to a 28-20 record first 3 years as a HC.
    And that's the problem right there.

    Instead of trying to improve upon that team, Wrecks elected to stay with the status quo.

    Instead of getting younger at the LB position 3 years ago, Wrecks stays with Harris, Pace and Scott.

    Instead of benching Sanchez early in the season (which he should have), Wrecks stays with the worst starting QB in the league through week 14.

    Wrecks needs to grow a set of balls or this will be his last season as a NFL HC.

  15. #175
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    And that's the problem right there.

    Instead of trying to improve upon that team, Wrecks elected to stay with the status quo.

    Instead of getting younger at the LB position 3 years ago, Wrecks stays with Harris, Pace and Scott.

    Instead of benching Sanchez early in the season (which he should have), Wrecks stays with the worst starting QB in the league through week 14.

    Wrecks needs to grow a set of balls or this will be his last season as a NFL HC.
    Harris is a young LB.

    Sanchez needed to go to a trauma center when Wayne Hunter was RT

    Status quo? We picked up 2 new Safeties and drafted a LB.

    He lost key players to injury Revis, Holmes, Keller and Pouda (part of), Hill later on, Sanchez lower back, Kerley (part)...

    The Jets were snakebit all season but this aint on Rex and the status quo.

  16. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Harris is a young LB.

    Sanchez needed to go to a trauma center when Wayne Hunter was RT

    Status quo? We picked up 2 new Safeties and drafted a LB.

    He lost key players to injury Revis, Holmes, Keller and Pouda (part of), Hill later on, Sanchez lower back, Kerley (part)...

    The Jets were snakebit all season but this aint on Rex and the status quo.
    Couple points RM:

    1) Harris is the most overrated/overpaid ILB in the NFl. Jets LB play last year was bottom 3 in the NFL.

    2) All teams have injuries. The good teams deal with them.

  17. #177
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    And every game he starts I will not be in attendance. I will not attend another Jets game until Mark Sanchez is benched .... again .... or released. He is the #1 reason this team is in the shape it's in - his regression, his piss poor play. Blame injuries/"lack of talent" at WR all you'd like - he still sucks. You could have Jerry Rice flanking Calvin Johnson and he's still throwing into triple coverage, making horrible reads and throwing across his body like an idiot. The talent doesn't matter if you can't read a damn defense.

    My tickets will be up on StubHub if this comes true.
    You want to say that Mark Sanchez isn't a great quarterback and I'll be the first in line to agree with you.

    But when you say "he is the number one reason this team is in the shape it's in" is ludicrous. This team is a train wreck because:

    1. We have a head coach that has been running the wrong strategy. Ground & Pound doesn't work. The head coach admitted this. Don't argue with me.

    2. Because of #1, the passing game has been ignored. The draft picks and FA money instead put on the defense.

    3. Because of #1 and #2, we've had the wrong offensive coordinators, bad passing personnel, and thus a disregarded and unsupported quarterback.

    So "what's wrong" with the Jets is Rex Ryan's 2009-2012 strategy which went out of its way to ignore the passing game for the last two seasons. Mark Sanchez has been made into a bad quarterback. He might be able to be salvaged.

    SAR I

  18. #178
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You want to say that Mark Sanchez isn't a great quarterback and I'll be the first in line to agree with you.

    But when you say "he is the number one reason this team is in the shape it's in" is ludicrous. This team is a train wreck because:

    1. We have a head coach that has been running the wrong strategy. Ground & Pound doesn't work. The head coach admitted this. Don't argue with me.

    2. Because of #1, the passing game has been ignored. The draft picks and FA money instead put on the defense.

    3. Because of #1 and #2, we've had the wrong offensive coordinators, bad passing personnel, and thus a disregarded and unsupported quarterback.

    So "what's wrong" with the Jets is Rex Ryan's 2009-2012 strategy which went out of its way to ignore the passing game for the last two seasons. Mark Sanchez has been made into a bad quarterback. He might be able to be salvaged.

    SAR I
    Can't find anything wrong with this post. Excellent post, SAR.

  19. #179
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Couple points RM:

    1) Harris is the most overrated/overpaid ILB in the NFl. Jets LB play last year was bottom 3 in the NFL.

    2) All teams have injuries. The good teams deal with them.
    Harris was choosen to stop the run and he is good at that. You are right on being low on the list as Bart Scott and Pace should be retired with us.

    3) We had our best Offensive player and Defensive player injured early on.

    I would rather have a bunch of no name guys that give you 90% performance and take a reasonable salary than to invest 12 to 16 mill in a few players. Holmes and Revis accounted for a quarter of the teams salary with 10% playing time.

    Maybe in 2014 salaries will be distributed more equitably.

  20. #180
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Can't find anything wrong with this post. Excellent post, SAR.
    Thanks, I think it's pretty realistic. It amazes me how forgiving so many fans are to Rex Ryan yet cannot extend the same courtesy to Mark Sanchez.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us