Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez will be our #1 QB in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    How about waiting to see what happens? Half of you say Sanchez will eb the starter...the other half says no.....Our new GM has not mentioned a lick of a commitment ot any QB....yeah I see Sanchez onthe roster in 2013 but not as a starter. To thoes saying that he can turn it around.....I just do NOT see that happening. I know he had squat to work with on the field but that does not give an excuse to make HORRID decisions and throws. To those saying Rex still has his back....what are you basing it on? Rex knows his job is on the line. The "Mark gives us the best chance to win" Jive is gone.

No one knows how the 2013 season will pan out but I am not going to just assume that the season is already in the toilet. We have not seen the players that will eb drafted, or the Revis trade (I think it will happen). This roster will look quite different from 2012 with a very competent OC.....that can make a difference in one year.
    Instead of questioning whether Sanchez can turn it around you should be questioning whether Rex can turn around his antiquated views on offense. I believe he's made the first step by hiring Mornhinweg, now let's see if he can overcome his strong desire to be a G&P football team. Through his first 4 years Sanchez or any other QB who would have played in this offense were simply along for the ride. Now that the burden of this system has potentially been finally lifted let's truly evaluate what the QB the Jets drafted #9 can be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Instead of questioning whether Sanchez can turn it around you should be questioning whether Rex can turn around his antiquated views on offense. I believe he's made the first step by hiring Mornhinweg, now let's see if he can overcome his strong desire to be a G&P football team. Through his first 4 years Sanchez or any other QB who would have played in this offense were simply along for the ride. Now that the burden of this system has potentially been finally lifted let's truly evaluate what the QB the Jets drafted #9 can be.
    You think we are taking a QB with the 1st rd pick this year??

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You think we are taking a QB with the 1st rd pick this year??
    Whoa that was a freudian slip if I ever saw one clearly meant the #5 pick

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Whoa that was a freudian slip if I ever saw one clearly meant the #5 pick
    You were probably thinking 9 like in 2009..

Jets Insider VIP
    One more thing folks have to realize.

Pete Carroll loves Sanchez and said in effect that "Sanchez is a championship quality QB who had been essentially mishandled by the Jets."

Now this got little press when Carroll said it prior to the Jets playing Seattle; but now with our new GM having mentioned Carroll by name in his introductory press conference Carroll's prior statement should be accorded some additional weight.

And I think that for that reason alone Sanchez will definitely be afforded another real chance at QB in addition to any cap implications.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Precisely ... He is not , nor will he ever be ... A QB that can carry this team anywhere ... He is a supporting player ... Which is why he needs to be gone yesterday.
    It took us 40 years just to find a QB that was as "good" as Mark Sanchez and could win playoff games consistently.

Your description is of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. A "QB that can carry his team anywhere". They come around every 10 years or so, only 1 out of 32 teams get them.

Mark showed some early promise as a 22 year old kid; give him another look with a proper OC and some WR talent and see if there's anything still there.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I'm becoming convinced that the Jets can sign a reliable backup QB that completes every pass in training camp and through the preseason while scoring hundreds of touchdowns and this regime will still name Mark Sanchez the starter.
    How about you pay attention to what's being said by your team and not what you read in discussion forums?

Rex Ryan, your beloved leader, thinks Mark Sanchez "gives us the best chance to win" and is a good quarterback.

Antonio Cromartie
    , your Pro Bowl DB, said "We have confidence in Mark. If he has good, veteran players around him -- ones that know how to practice and compete at a high level every day -- then you'll have a better quarterback. But when you don't have a supporting cast around him, you're going to get an average or below-average quarterback. That's what we got. He needs a better supporting cast."

Mike Westhoff
    , your Hall Of Fame coach, thinks Mark Sanchez is "a manageable quarterback" but multiple system and player personnel changes that the Jets endured following their back-to-back trips to the AFC Championship games were "too much for him."

Anonymous, a Jets starter, said “Look at some of the players he’s throwing to, it’s garbage. I’ve seen better receiving corps in college than we have on our team.”

No one liked Mark Sanchez this season. But there are reasons for his suckage. Discussion forum debate among ignorant fans is cute. Start listening to the players and coaches in the locker room.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-27-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It took us 40 years just to find a QB that was as "good" as Mark Sanchez and could win playoff games consistently.

Your description is of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. A "QB that can carry his team anywhere". They come around every 10 years or so, only 1 out of 32 teams get them.

Mark showed some early promise as a 22 year old kid; give him another look with a proper OC and some WR talent and see if there's anything still there.

SAR I
    Can't argue against that. I'm willing to give him another year, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Rex Ryan, your beloved leader, thinks Mark Sanchez "gives us the best chance to win" and is a good quarterback.

Antonio Cromartie
    , your Pro Bowl DB, thinks Mark Sanchez "isn't the Jets problem, just needs some help."
    [B]
    Anonymous, a Jets starter, said Look at some of the players hes throwing to, its garbage. Ive seen better receiving corps in college than we have on our team.

SAR I
    Rex Ryan was saying that about Sanchez, because, as it turns out, compared to the other garbage in the locker room, Sanchez scarily enough DID give the team the best chance to win, in the year 2012.

So now you're citing Antonio Cromartie? The same Antonio Cromartie, who, after the team having been thrased by the Seahawks, declared that the Jets would still definitely be going to the playoffs?

At least the anonymous quote does have truth to it, between Holmes, Keller Hill being injured, and Kerley being the only healthy, serviceable receiver he had to throw to all year (maybe save until Braylon came in at the end, but even he was injured), but, how funny is it that the most credible quote you can come up with to support Sanchez comes from "anonymous?"

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Rex Ryan was saying that about Sanchez, because, as it turns out, compared to the other garbage in the locker room, Sanchez scarily enough DID give the team the best chance to win, in the year 2012.

So now you're citing Antonio Cromartie? The same Antonio Cromartie, who, after the team having been thrased by the Seahawks, declared that the Jets would still definitely be going to the playoffs?

At least the anonymous quote does have truth to it, between Holmes, Keller Hill being injured, and Kerley being the only healthy, serviceable receiver he had to throw to all year (maybe save until Braylon came in at the end, but even he was injured), but, how funny is it that the most credible quote you can come up with to support Sanchez comes from "anonymous?"
    Here we go again, it's all a "conspiracy".

The Jets don't suck, Rex Ryan is a tremendous head coach, the media are all liars, and it was all Mark Sanchez fault.

Westhoff and the Anonymous Player have nothing to gain by saying good things about Mark Sanchez. Cromartie was arguably our best player in 2012 and Rex Ryan is our head coach with unlimited power.

I'll trust them over a gum-swallower in a discussion forum, thanks.

SAR I

When Mark was a 22 year old rookie, we had a great running game, OL, and WR's.

When Mark was a 25 year old 3rd & 4th year veteran, we had nothing.

It's as simple as that.

SAR I
    WOW. So as a rookie you admit Mark Sanchez had a great running game, OL, and WR's? What does that say about Mark that he managed 12td 20int and a 63 rating with all those advantages? Doesn't say much for that piece of **** QB.

Here we go again, it's all a "conspiracy".

The Jets don't suck, Rex Ryan is a tremendous head coach, the media are all liars, and it was all Mark Sanchez fault.

Westhoff and the Anonymous Player have nothing to gain by saying good things about Mark Sanchez. Cromartie was arguably our best player in 2012 and Rex Ryan is our head coach with unlimited power.

I'll trust them over a gum-swallower in a discussion forum, thanks.

SAR I
    Why would you trust Rex Ryan over a gum-swallower in a discussion forum?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    WOW. So as a rookie you admit Mark Sanchez had a great running game, OL, and WR's? What does that say about Mark that he managed 12td 20int and a 63 rating with all those advantages? Doesn't say much for that piece of **** QB.
    22 years old.

Only 3 years of college.

Only started 16 games at USC.

Immediately named the starter.

No clipboard time, no mentor, just thrown into the fire.

SHOCKER ALERT: Mark Sanchez put up bad rookie numbers! OMG! And he was put into such a great situation, too, just like Aaron Rodgers being Brett Favre's understudy for 3 f-cking years.

After the shaky 4-6 start that provided the brutal statistics you throw out like a cliche-machine, Mark Sanchez takes the Jets on a 16-4 run including 4 road playoff wins and 5 miracle fourth quarter comebacks until such time that Rex/Mike got rid of all of his weapons and replaced them with crap.

Stop reading stats. Start using your eyes.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Sanchez has ruined every WR he has ever played with IMO. Cotch was a 1k WR prior to Mark. Mark never trusted him to do what he did best "wasn't his type of WR". LOL Edwards was a play maker in Cleveland and didn't do crap here. Holmes was anther 1k WR couldn't break 800 yards here. Mason was a 800-1000 yard guy could catch a cold here. Plax well he did better then I thought but 600 yards it nothing to get excited about. Smith may not have been a great #4 but has put up 150-350 yards in years without Mark. Same with Woodhead. Even Thomas Jones had less Rec yards with Mark then in KC! Now we draft a stud in Hill and he doesn't even throw him the ball. Get this POS QB out of here please. Heck they chuck him I'll even give BE anther shot. Unless your giving this guy CJ or Fitz any WR is going to look like crap with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Sanchez has ruined every WR he has ever played with IMO. Cotch was a 1k WR prior to Mark. Mark never trusted him to do what he did best "wasn't his type of WR". LOL Edwards was a play maker in Cleveland and didn't do crap here. Holmes was anther 1k WR couldn't break 800 yards here. Mason was a 800-1000 yard guy could catch a cold here. Plax well he did better then I thought but 600 yards it nothing to get excited about. Smith may not have been a great #4 but has put up 150-350 yards in years without Mark. Same with Woodhead. Even Thomas Jones had less Rec yards with Mark then in KC! Now we draft a stud in Hill and he doesn't even throw him the ball. Get this POS QB out of here please. Heck they chuck him I'll even give BE anther shot. Unless your giving this guy CJ or Fitz any WR is going to look like crap with him.
    That's because Stephen's hands were terrible at the start of the year. Towards the end of the year, though, his hands got better and he got some balls thrown his way.

All League
    Lol! Whaaaaaaat!

Cotchery, Holmes and Edwards had exactly 1 1,000 yard season each. Dude........

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This post is such a hot-mess I don't know where to begin.

Cotchery had 1000 yards prior to being saddled with a rookie? Gee, I don't know, Brett Favre and Chad Pennington had, what, 30 years of experience between them? Think that might have had something to do with it?

Or, perhaps, I don't know, maybe the fact that we committed ourselves to Ground & Pound and led the NFL in rushing, you know, may have taken the ball out of the air and put it, let me get the word I'm searching for, wait, wait.....on the ground.

Same with Woodhead? He had 8 catches in his Jets "career".

"Smoke week every day" is a line in a rap song, not a lifestyle.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Lol! Whaaaaaaat!

Cotchery, Holmes and Edwards had exactly 1 1,000 yard season each. Dude........
    The Jets ran out of toilet paper on the flight home from Tennessee.

Blame Mark Sanchez!

SAR I

Start using your eyes.

Fran Sarcessa I
    My eyes tell me he is inaccurate. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

My eyes tell me he is a poor reader of Defenses. That has little to do with who he is throwing to.

My eyes tell me he misses open recievers regularly. That has little to do with who he is missing.

My eyes tell me he is an INT machine. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to, but where he throws it and when.

My eyes tell me he doesn't have good pocket presence, and does not feel pressure. This has little do do with who he's throwing it to.

My eyes tell me he fumbles, alot. This has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

My eyes tell me he's the worst QB in the NFL over the four years he's played, and he was bad even in his "good" first two years regular seasons.

My eyes tell me the only reason Sanchez still has a job is because he was a #1 pick, and because he played relatively well in the post-season those first two years.

My eyes tell me it's not the support cast, it's the QB.

My eyes tell me Mark Sanchez will fail again this year.

But....

If he's what we got, he's what we got. So we'll root him on, and pray YOU are right Fran Sarcessa I.

We all better hope you are.

The Jets ran out of toilet paper on the flight home from Tennessee.

Blame Mark Sanchez!

SAR I
    Or, was it because the toilet paper was being un-rolled from the bottom?