Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Mark Sanchez will be our #1 QB in 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We should trust the collective voices of a bunch of disappointed Jets fans on a whiny discussion forum instead of a hall of fame assistant head coach, the head coach, defensive leaders, and other players in the locker room?
    The head coach is a moron, buffoon, and clown, you've said as much yourself about him, not to mention the fact that he has no idea about offense. Why would you trust what HE has to say about a quarterback?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares?

Chad Pennington could have completed 100% of his passes, he still wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl.

These stupid stats mean nothing as they are skewed by circumstances:

2009: Rookie
    2010: 11-5, 5 miracle comebacks.
    2011: Aging WR and RB, injured TE, lousy OL.
    2012: No playmakers, rest of team just as bad.

That's not the list of "excuses". That's the list of "facts". There comes a point where an offense is so depleted of talent that it simply can't function, no mater how good the QB is. Tom Brady doesn't win 8 games with the 2012 Jets. Neither does Joe Montana.

SAR I
    SAR in 2011 even with the deteriorating WR and RB situation Sanchez still managed 32 total TDs and did not make mental errors in the red zone. Jets had the number 1 or 2 red zone offense.This with the Oline being as bad as it was.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    SAR in 2011 even with the deteriorating WR and RB situation Sanchez still managed 32 total TDs and did not make mental errors in the red zone. Jets had the number 1 or 2 red zone offense.This with the Oline being as bad as it was.
    Things were good until around Week 11 or so when Plaxico broke down, Tomlinson got hurt, Keller got hurt, and nothing was making Hunter any better.

Going into the 2011 home Patriots game, we were on an 18-9 run with 5 victories against elite teams.

Since that game, we are 9-15 with a 1-11 record against winning teams.

Burress got old, Tomlinson got hurt, Keller got hurt, Hunter got worse. Without his redzone target, dump-off outlet, stud TE, and dependable RT, Mark and the offense fell apart. Add to that the talent dump and lack of quality replacement this past offseason, that's why we are where we are.

And then add in Sparano. And then add in Tebow. And then add in injuries to Keller and Holmes. If the Jets were trying to kill their quarterback, they couldn't have done any better.

Mark Sanchez didn't suddenly take stupid pills after that Patriots loss. More like Rex Ryan said "this is the time for us to take the division from the Patriots" after our victory the prior postseason and instead the team laid an egg and no longer believed in the man and that started the collapse we still are reeling from.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-31-2013 at 07:51 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    The head coach is a moron, buffoon, and clown, you've said as much yourself about him, not to mention the fact that he has no idea about offense. Why would you trust what HE has to say about a quarterback?
    I don't like him and I'm not a believer in him but I'll trust his opinions of players above some 19 year olds in a discussion forum.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like him and I'm not a believer in him but I'll trust his opinions of players above some 19 year olds in a discussion forum.

SAR I
    True, and how much do your opinions matter, exactly?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetItalia View Post
    great point again SAR. its assanine to bring in Alex Smith when it would just be Mark Sanchez part deux, if you actually believe Mark Sanchez stinks (which I dont). Smith, like Sanchez, succeeds with help and effort around him. Hes not Manning or Brady. I am tired of hearing from every NY fan that our best hope of finding Manning or Brady is in Flynn or Smith, or the draft. Good like finding it.

Again, the fairweather "what have you done for me lately, glass half empty" Jet fans are going to continue to act the same way - they would be great on NFL Live with Trey Wingo and and the like, making the easy comments that arent thought through...
    What have you done for me lately?

LOL

What has Sanchez EVER done for us?

Don't even give me the good ol' "he took us to back to back AFCC games" knee slapper.

The kid was along for the ride, period.

During those first two seasons, Sanchez had a whopping 54% completion percentage, 29 TD's vs 33 INT's, and fumbled the ball 14 times.

That's with a Top 5 rushing attack both years, Braylon/Holmes/Keller/Cotchery in the receiving corps, and the best OL in the league. Not to mention a top flight defense constantly giving you a short field to work with.

The kid has never been a good QB and by the looks of it, he never will be.

The only difference between Sanchez now and 3 years ago is that we don't have a strong team anymore to mask his flaws.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    True, and how much do your opinions matter, exactly?
    More than everyone else's.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    More than everyone else's.

SAR I
    And what are we having for dessert, tonight?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He sucks but he's still the best QB on the roster, and his contract means he's gonna stay on the team anyway. Why bother trying to upgrade, the team's not going anywhere anyway. Might as well throw him out there again...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Watch the games and you'll figure it out. Sanchez makes poor decisions, is awful at going through his progressions, and his accuracy is embarrassing. SAR will have you believe that it's the rest of the roster's fault, but anybody with an iota of football intelligence knows that these are signs of regression. Remember when Sparano was hired and Sanchez was all jakked up because he claimed he was grasping the playbook a lot faster...yada yada yada. Sparano's playbook is vanilla compared to Schotty's.

The funny thing is, Sanchez was making the same mistakes during the AFC championship years too, but that was written off to him being a rookie and whatnot. Now it's the rest of the roster's fault. Puh-lease.
    Going through his progressions. Yeah I can see how that works. 1st read Clyde Gates covered, 2nd read Chaz Schilens running the wrong route , 3rd read HB in the flat that can't catch, oh **** times up Matt Slauson missed another block.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Going through his progressions. Yeah I can see how that works. 1st read Clyde Gates covered, 2nd read Chaz Schilens running the wrong route , 3rd read HB in the flat that can't catch, oh **** times up Matt Slauson missed another block.
    Ha Ha If you guys play flag football with a 2 man line (I play in cunningham park on the weekends), and you are the QB of a bad team (which I am on occasion), you can see how incredibly frustrating that is that your guys suck or simply the other team has better athletes, and can force you to make bad decisions. Not an excuse for pro QB, but I can relate somewhat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What have you done for me lately?

LOL

What has Sanchez EVER done for us?

Don't even give me the good ol' "he took us to back to back AFCC games" knee slapper.

The kid was along for the ride, period.

During those first two seasons, Sanchez had a whopping 54% completion percentage, 29 TD's vs 33 INT's, and fumbled the ball 14 times.

That's with a Top 5 rushing attack both years, Braylon/Holmes/Keller/Cotchery in the receiving corps, and the best OL in the league. Not to mention a top flight defense constantly giving you a short field to work with.

The kid has never been a good QB and by the looks of it, he never will be.

The only difference between Sanchez now and 3 years ago is that we don't have a strong team anymore to mask his flaws.
    100% accurate, especially the bolded part.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All great quarterbacks suffer from multiple-season long bouts of horrible play.

If the fifth time isn't a charm, the sixth or seventh will be!

It's all somebody else's fault.