Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 373

Thread: Mark Sanchez will be our #1 QB in 2013

  1. #221
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    My eyes tell me he is inaccurate. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me Mark Sanchez will fail again this year.

    But....

    If he's what we got, he's what we got. So we'll root him on, and pray YOU are right Fran Sarcessa I.

    We all better hope you are.
    "We have confidence in Mark. If he has good, veteran players around him -- ones that know how to practice and compete at a high level every day -- then you'll have a better quarterback. But when you don't have a supporting cast around him, you're going to get an average or below-average quarterback. That's what we got. He needs a better supporting cast."

    --Antonio Cromartie, NFL Pro Bowl CB



    "My eyes tell me that Mark Sanchez isn't good."

    --Strawfish



    SAR I

  2. #222
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    My eyes tell me he is inaccurate. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me he is a poor reader of Defenses. That has little to do with who he is throwing to.

    My eyes tell me he misses open recievers regularly. That has little to do with who he is missing.

    My eyes tell me he is an INT machine. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to, but where he throws it and when.

    My eyes tell me he doesn't have good pocket presence, and does not feel pressure. This has little do do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me he fumbles, alot. This has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me he's the worst QB in the NFL over the four years he's played, and he was bad even in his "good" first two years regular seasons.

    My eyes tell me the only reason Sanchez still has a job is because he was a #1 pick, and because he played relatively well in the post-season those first two years.

    My eyes tell me it's not the support cast, it's the QB.

    My eyes tell me Mark Sanchez will fail again this year.

    But....

    If he's what we got, he's what we got. So we'll root him on, and pray YOU are right Fran Sarcessa I.

    We all better hope you are.
    There's no way you'll ever win this SARgument, mate. Sanchez could throw 7 TD's and 40 INT's next year, then go on to burn down an orphanage, and SAR I would still say it's all Brandon Moore's fault, along with the lack of a supporting cast!

  3. #223
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like

  4. #224
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This post is such a hot-mess I don't know where to begin.

    Cotchery had 1000 yards prior to being saddled with a rookie? Gee, I don't know, Brett Favre and Chad Pennington had, what, 30 years of experience between them? Think that might have had something to do with it?

    Or, perhaps, I don't know, maybe the fact that we committed ourselves to Ground & Pound and led the NFL in rushing, you know, may have taken the ball out of the air and put it, let me get the word I'm searching for, wait, wait.....on the ground.

    Same with Woodhead? He had 8 catches in his Jets "career".

    "Smoke week every day" is a line in a rap song, not a lifestyle.

    SAR I
    It would stand to reason if he was a good QB at least one of those WRs wouldn't look better without him. The only one that don't look better are the ones that have never really played under anyone else. Sanchez is the worst player on this team by a ton. If he is even on this team next year he will be #3 on the depth.

  5. #225
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "We have confidence in Mark. If he has good, veteran players around him -- ones that know how to practice and compete at a high level every day -- then you'll have a better quarterback. But when you don't have a supporting cast around him, you're going to get an average or below-average quarterback. That's what we got. He needs a better supporting cast."

    --Antonio Cromartie, NFL Pro Bowl CB



    "My eyes tell me that Mark Sanchez isn't good."

    --Strawfish



    SAR I
    But why is it that this is the only crutch you can use in your argument to defend Sanchez? Does not every quarterback deserve a good supporting cast? If Tim Tebow was going to be the Jets full time starter from here out, would you want a WORSE supporting cast for him, because he isn't Mark Sanchez?

    It doesn't make any sense when people say things like, "they need to build the team more around Sanchez," or, "They need to give Sanchez more weapons." No duhh!!! That would be the idea, regardless of who is in at quarterback, wouldn't you think? For the sake of the New York Jets, it would be better if ANYBODY who is in at quarterback had a good supporting cast.

    So just because his teammates may have been subpar last year (for a multitude of reasons, injuries, lack of depth, etc), does that give Sanchez a free pass for sucking that badly, himself? Why is it that you're so happy to replace the sub-par supporting cast members, but yet you can't replace Sanchez, when he was more awful than they were? Let's pretend there was no prohibitive contract, name one good reason why you wouldn't send Sanchez to the scrap heap as quickly as you would Chaz Schilens?

  6. #226
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    It would stand to reason if he was a good QB at least one of those WRs wouldn't look better without him. The only one that don't look better are the ones that have never really played under anyone else. Sanchez is the worst player on this team by a ton. If he is even on this team next year he will be #3 on the depth.
    I like you because you make my case so eloquently for me:

    So many Jets fans are oblivious to the real problems on this team so they blame the quarterback because it's convenient.

    Guessing you're under the age of 30, so you only know the Jets as a 10 win team with a healthy quarterback, always in sight of the playoffs, every time we change the QB or the HC we're back in the hunt just like magic.

    I know. I saw those last 15 seasons too. It's different now.

    SAR I

  7. #227
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    But why is it that this is the only crutch you can use in your argument to defend Sanchez? Does not every quarterback deserve a good supporting cast? If Tim Tebow was going to be the Jets full time starter from here out, would you want a WORSE supporting cast for him, because he isn't Mark Sanchez?

    It doesn't make any sense when people say things like, "they need to build the team more around Sanchez," or, "They need to give Sanchez more weapons." No duhh!!! That would be the idea, regardless of who is in at quarterback, wouldn't you think? For the sake of the New York Jets, it would be better if ANYBODY who is in at quarterback had a good supporting cast.

    So just because his teammates may have been subpar last year (for a multitude of reasons, injuries, lack of depth, etc), does that give Sanchez a free pass for sucking that badly, himself? Why is it that you're so happy to replace the sub-par supporting cast members, but yet you can't replace Sanchez, when he was more awful than they were? Let's pretend there was no prohibitive contract, name one good reason why you wouldn't send Sanchez to the scrap heap as quickly as you would Chaz Schilens?
    If you wrote a strategy to ruin a quarterback it couldn't be better than what the New York Jets did to Mark Sanchez.

    Took away every playmaker he had. Dropped every WR he'd developed an early rapport with. Let the OL get weak. Ignored the RB position. Changed coordinators three times. Didn't even give him a dump-off RB with good hands to bail him out.

    The Jets failed so badly on defense and on the ground it forced us to throw the ball 40+ times a game on a squad that wasn't built for an aerial attack. Gee, such a shocker that the QB looked like crap.

    SAR I

  8. #228
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    There's no way you'll ever win this SARgument, mate.
    I don't need to "win" vs. my old friend Fran Sarcessa I.

    When the only defense of Sanchez's play over four full years is a comment by a guy on the other unit who isn't known for being a genius, and is known for making foolish public statments, it's not much of a defense.

    Fran Sarcessa I knows he cannot debate the detailed issues of accuracy, vision, pocket presence, turnovers or ball handling specificly. The wideouts do not cause any of these failings.

    He only has generalizations about "talent levels" in which every other Jet player must be the worst in the NFL for him to be correct. That, and comments from guys like Cro, a guy whose not the victim of Sanchez's bad play, and who has said on record that he (Cro) would be "the best WR on the Jets", a laughable comment on it's face given how weak Cro's hands are most of the time.

    So it's ok if I don't "win". The facts thus far loudly speak for themselves IMO.

    But like I said, Mark Sanchez IS very likely the starter in 2013, so we ALL have to hope Fran Sarcessa I is correct, that if we only replace all three RB's, all four WR's and three of five of our O-linemen......well, shucks, maybe Mark Sanchez won't be so inaccurate, won't handle the ball so poorly, won't miss wide open recievers and won't throw passes four feet above and behind his guys so often.

    Because if he's right, we might have something to look forward to with Sanchez in 2013.

    If he's wrong, 2013 might be one very VERY painful season to watch.

  9. #229
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL that is starting. He is pretty much terrible at everything and it has nothing to do with his supporting cast. He is inaccurate, has no touch and cannot even throw a checkdown, has no pocket presence, doesnt understand defenses, does not throw a good deep ball, gets frazzled easily, etc, etc, etc....


    The ONKY thing he has going for him is the former #1 pick label.

    Anyone who thinks Sanchez is a giood QB or has the potential to be a good QB, is an idiot who does not understand football.

    He SUCKS. Period.

  10. #230
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL that is starting. He is pretty much terrible at everything and it has nothing to do with his supporting cast. He is inaccurate, has no touch and cannot even throw a checkdown, has no pocket presence, doesnt understand defenses, does not throw a good deep ball, gets frazzled easily, etc, etc, etc....


    The ONKY thing he has going for him is the former #1 pick label.

    Anyone who thinks Sanchez is a giood QB or has the potential to be a good QB, is an idiot who does not understand football.

    He SUCKS. Period.
    Then you certainly feel either a) Rex is an idiot ("Sanchez gives the best chance to win") or b) should be fired because he "doesn't understand football".

    Now which is it????

  11. #231
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It took us 40 years just to find a QB that was as "good" as Mark Sanchez and could win playoff games consistently.

    Your description is of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. A "QB that can carry his team anywhere". They come around every 10 years or so, only 1 out of 32 teams get them.

    Mark showed some early promise as a 22 year old kid; give him another look with a proper OC and some WR talent and see if there's anything still there.

    SAR I

    a-f*cking-men.


    Let's see what Mark can do with a OC that actually knows how to game plan an ariel attack.....if he can recapture the form he's shown in the past, and further evolve under Mornhigweg, we'll not only have found our franchise QB, we'll have found him and have him on a dirt cheap contract through 2016.

    I'd much rather take that gamble, then gamble on a QB in a weak draft class and saddle ourselves with wishing they could one day show the promise Sanchez has already shown.

  12. #232
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    a-f*cking-men.


    Let's see what Mark can do with a OC that actually knows how to game plan an ariel attack.....if he can recapture the form he's shown in the past, and further evolve under Mornhigweg, we'll not only have found our franchise QB, we'll have found him and have him on a dirt cheap contract through 2016.

    I'd much rather take that gamble, then gamble on a QB in a weak draft class and saddle ourselves with wishing they could one day show the promise Sanchez has already shown.
    I for one agree with this but I think that the Jets in their ineptitude may have waited two years two late!!!!!!!!!

  13. #233
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I like you because you make my case so eloquently for me:

    So many Jets fans are oblivious to the real problems on this team so they blame the quarterback because it's convenient.

    Guessing you're under the age of 30, so you only know the Jets as a 10 win team with a healthy quarterback, always in sight of the playoffs, every time we change the QB or the HC we're back in the hunt just like magic.

    I know. I saw those last 15 seasons too. It's different now.

    SAR I
    Over 30 sorry. Our biggest issue is QB. Until you fix that the team is going to suck. You can't build a team then expect a QB to magically appear. Draft one now and in 2-3 years maybe he is ready. Enough with the patch work. If one guy is bring down the team that much I don't care how much he is making get him out of here. 4 years he has never once looked like a viable starter. Time to move on.

  14. #234
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    My eyes tell me he is inaccurate. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me he is a poor reader of Defenses. That has little to do with who he is throwing to.

    My eyes tell me he misses open recievers regularly. That has little to do with who he is missing.

    My eyes tell me he is an INT machine. That has little to do with who he's throwing it to, but where he throws it and when.

    My eyes tell me he doesn't have good pocket presence, and does not feel pressure. This has little do do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me he fumbles, alot. This has little to do with who he's throwing it to.

    My eyes tell me he's the worst QB in the NFL over the four years he's played, and he was bad even in his "good" first two years regular seasons.

    My eyes tell me the only reason Sanchez still has a job is because he was a #1 pick, and because he played relatively well in the post-season those first two years.

    My eyes tell me it's not the support cast, it's the QB.

    My eyes tell me Mark Sanchez will fail again this year.

    But....

    If he's what we got, he's what we got. So we'll root him on, and pray YOU are right Fran Sarcessa I.

    We all better hope you are.
    You had me at "my eyes" LOL. But I'm not going to root for Sanchez unless he's forced on me when the regular season begins.

    Now quit giving me the eye, Warfish!

  15. #235
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you wrote a strategy to ruin a quarterback it couldn't be better than what the New York Jets did to Mark Sanchez.

    Took away every playmaker he had. Dropped every WR he'd developed an early rapport with. Let the OL get weak. Ignored the RB position. Changed coordinators three times. Didn't even give him a dump-off RB with good hands to bail him out.

    The Jets failed so badly on defense and on the ground it forced us to throw the ball 40+ times a game on a squad that wasn't built for an aerial attack. Gee, such a shocker that the QB looked like crap.

    SAR I
    Again, you miss the point. Why not try to support EVERY quarterback that you have, why only Mark Sanchez? Yes, the playmakers were not good enough, for reasons of injury and lack of depth, but does that excuse Sanchez from totally sucking, himself?

    When the Jets DID support Sanchez, they got 12 TD's/20 INT's, and 17 TD's/13 INT's out of him. THAT'S the ceiling you want out of your quarterback, when he's surrounding by a team that is totally loaded, top to bottom? Why not get somebody else, who, when you do put THAT kind of team around him, will throw 30 TD's and 10 INT's, rather than complete 53% of his passes and throw between 12-17 touchdowns and have between 13-20 interceptions?

  16. #236
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I don't need to "win" vs. my old friend Fran Sarcessa I.
    True, I just wanted to use the word "SARgument," But, your history says you do like to try to win SARguments, like the time you called out Flowtrain just to merely SARgue with him so that way you could prove to JI that you were the better poster!!!!

  17. #237
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Then you certainly feel either a) Rex is an idiot ("Sanchez gives the best chance to win") or b) should be fired because he "doesn't understand football".

    Now which is it????
    I think Rex should be fired because he is loyal to his veteran guys to a fault....even after they prove they cannot really play anymore as in the case of Bart and especially Sanchez...I would feel much better about the Jets rebuilding if Rex had been fired as well. I think Rex is going to clash with Idzik on the way to handle personnel.

  18. #238
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is absolutely done as the Jets' starter, IMO. Idzik's uncomfortable body language during his welcome press conference when talking about Sanchez's future told me all I needed to know. Idzik is not a Sanchez believer and will bring in someone to replace him ASAP. Sanchez will likely be off the team by 2014 at the latest.

  19. #239
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    a-f*cking-men.


    Let's see what Mark can do with a OC that actually knows how to game plan an ariel attack.....if he can recapture the form he's shown in the past, and further evolve under Mornhigweg, we'll not only have found our franchise QB, we'll have found him and have him on a dirt cheap contract through 2016.

    I'd much rather take that gamble, then gamble on a QB in a weak draft class and saddle ourselves with wishing they could one day show the promise Sanchez has already shown.
    LOL... Sanchez could never be a franchise guy even if surrounded by pro bowlers at every position....the guy is NOT skilled enough...why do people keep seeing abilities in Mark that he will just never EVER have? He is a bad QB. He proves it week after week after week yet people want him to get chance after chance. We need to move on

  20. #240
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Sanchez is absolutely done as the Jets' starter, IMO. Idzik's uncomfortable body language during his welcome press conference when talking about Sanchez's future told me all I needed to know. Idzik is not a Sanchez believer and will bring in someone to replace him ASAP. Sanchez will likely be off the team by 2014 at the latest.
    I hope that is true and I agree with your read of his body language, but Rex has laready made comments about Sanchez and Morny... which makes me worried about Idzik being able to move away from him like we should.

    Sanchez and Revis are two big tests for Idzik early, especially since Rex will want to keep Revis even if for just the one year, and seems to already be lobbying for Sanchez to be the starter again.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us