Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez will be our #1 QB in 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Thanks, I think it's pretty realistic. It amazes me how forgiving so many fans are to Rex Ryan yet cannot extend the same courtesy to Mark Sanchez.

SAR I
    I mean, I'm not excited to see Sanchez in 2013, don't get me wrong. But, you were right when you said that Sanchez in merely a symptom and not THE problem. While I don't think we need pro-bowlers everywhere to get Mark to play average football, we still need talent no matter who the QB is. It's unfair to give him nothing to work with and then berate him for not getting the job done. I blame the one who took a QB that wasn't great and then compounded the problem by putting all the draft picks towards his precious Defense.

However, the turnovers and inaccuracy are something I cannot and will not defend him on. He just flat out needs to play better. If he can't do it in 2013, that's the end of the line for Mark in New York.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I blame the one who took a QB that wasn't great and then compounded the problem by putting all the draft picks towards his precious Defense.
    That's exactly what the Texans did to David Carr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I think it's pretty realistic. It amazes me how forgiving so many fans are to Rex Ryan yet cannot extend the same courtesy to Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's exactly what the Texans did to David Carr.
    Not true at all. Pick after Carr.
    2ND WR G 3RD C 4TH RB 5TH RB

The very next year
    1 WR Andre Johnson 2 TE 3 OT BU QB4 RB That is ten 0 players 5th round or better in 2 drafts. We haven't drafted that many in 5 years.....

04 was all D because well they needed it.

05 3rd RB 4th wr 5th OL

06 Coach fired because team sucked.
    still managed to draft 3 of the better O players they had 3 Eric Winston 4 Owen Daniels 5 Wali Lundy

Edit damn forgot 3rd Charles Spencer and I guess Lundy was a 6th not a 5th.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 01-26-2013 at 06:10 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair though Mark walked into one of the best run games in the league and the #1 OL. We then traded to give him weapons at WR they just all sucked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I mean, I'm not excited to see Sanchez in 2013, don't get me wrong. But, you were right when you said that Sanchez in merely a symptom and not THE problem. While I don't think we need pro-bowlers everywhere to get Mark to play average football, we still need talent no matter who the QB is. It's unfair to give him nothing to work with and then berate him for not getting the job done. I blame the one who took a QB that wasn't great and then compounded the problem by putting all the draft picks towards his precious Defense.

However, the turnovers and inaccuracy are something I cannot and will not defend him on. He just flat out needs to play better. If he can't do it in 2013, that's the end of the line for Mark in New York.
    The problem is a majority of the SOJF posters here don't want to look at the big picture, all they spout is Suckchez can't get it done wah wah wah.

No QB could succeed in the archaic G&P offense without an elite Oline and two backs suited for that system. On top of that no QB could succeed with the likes of Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens, Mardy Gilyard and a lead back of Shonn Greene.

Sure Sanchez was a turnover machine, I can fault him for his fumbling problems , but him forcing throws and looking like he had no clue where he was throwing the ball had just as much to do with the **** we had running patterns and the gameplans. Furthermore, if he stayed entirely within Rex's/Sparano's G&P system he would have been sacked a record number of times this year, he forced throws out of desperation. The start by McElroy was proof positive of this ,the QB following the gameplan did what was asked of him take the sack don't force throws. Imagine if Sanchez did this , he would have amassed over 100 sacks this year.

Yet, everyone thinks Flynn could have done better or Alex Smith or McElroy or Tebow or as some posters have said 30 other starting Qb's in the league. I say wake up the problem is not entirely the Qb. The Jets made a crucial step by hiring Mornhinweg now Rex needs to stay the hell away from the offense and let Marty resurrect an offense that made high school teams look high poweredin comparison. It won't be pretty right away and every SOJF will scream obscenities at Sanchez with any mistake he makes, but for the first time in 4 years the Jets will be heading in the right direction on offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And if he played within the constraints of the offense he would have threw less picks and thrown into triple coverages less but taken 10+ sacks per game.

How can you read a defense when you have 3 seconds to throw and recievers who couldn't get open if they had an infectious disease.
    I like your posts... I do and thank you..

Well you are relatively new to the board...

See many posters out here kept saying for the last two seasons that a really good QB can make a decision with 1.3 seconds and that Sanchez is to stupid to make a quick decision. They swore when McElroy finally went in he would "show" us all what a "smart" QB would do.....

When McElroy was sacked 11 times. Then these same fans actually had posts out here suggesting that many the OL deliberately allowed McElroy to be sacked in order to punish him for his previous statements or that he, like Sanchez, can't read defenses fast enough. They refused to admit the OBVIOUS the offensive talent on the Jets is AWFUL!!!

But some continue to say, though les, that if Sanchez was only better then Greene would turn into Jim Brown etc. Indeed one poster had the nerve to tell me that I was a "moron" because I didn't agree with him that the Jets current offensive talent level is the "best in team history."

Yea so I appreciate your posts.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

See many posters out here kept saying for the last two seasons that a really good QB can make a decision with 1.3 seconds and that Sanchez is to stupid to make a quick decision. They swore when McElroy finally went in he would "show" us all what a "smart" QB would do.....

When McElroy was sacked 11 times. Then these same fans actually had posts out here suggesting that many the OL deliberately allowed McElroy to be sacked in order to punish him for his previous statements or that he, like Sanchez, can't read defenses fast enough. They refused to admit the OBVIOUS the offensive talent on the Jets is AWFUL!!!

But some continue to say, though les, that if Sanchez was only better then Greene would turn into Jim Brown etc. Indeed one poster had the nerve to tell me that I was a "moron" because I didn't agree with him that the Jets current offensive talent level is the "best in team history."

I saw that. One of the dumbest things I've ever heard, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is a majority of the SOJF posters here don't want to look at the big picture, all they spout is Suckchez can't get it done wah wah wah.

No QB could succeed in the archaic G&P offense without an elite Oline and two backs suited for that system. On top of that no QB could succeed with the likes of Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens, Mardy Gilyard and a lead back of Shonn Greene.

Sure Sanchez was a turnover machine, I can fault him for his fumbling problems , but him forcing throws and looking like he had no clue where he was throwing the ball had just as much to do with the **** we had running patterns and the gameplans. Furthermore, if he stayed entirely within Rex's/Sparano's G&P system he would have been sacked a record number of times this year, he forced throws out of desperation. The start by McElroy was proof positive of this ,the QB following the gameplan did what was asked of him take the sack don't force throws. Imagine if Sanchez did this , he would have amassed over 100 sacks this year.

Yet, everyone thinks Flynn could have done better or Alex Smith or McElroy or Tebow or as some posters have said 30 other starting Qb's in the league. I say wake up the problem is not entirely the Qb. The Jets made a crucial step by hiring Mornhinweg now Rex needs to stay the hell away from the offense and let Marty resurrect an offense that made high school teams look high poweredin comparison. It won't be pretty right away and every SOJF will scream obscenities at Sanchez with any mistake he makes, but for the first time in 4 years the Jets will be heading in the right direction on offense.
    BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Thank you. The funny thing is I get accused of being a Sanchez apologist. I'm not , I wasn't enamored with him coming out of USC early and I'm still not sure if he can progress past mediocre, furthermore, I still question his leadership qualities(too laid back). Bottom line though, I realize the offensive shortcomings of the Jets is rooted in Rex's desire to run the G&P and their ability to stock that side of the ball with quality players. It just boils my blood when so many here just want to be so narrow focused and only blame the QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Hear some interesting ideas on WFAN about packaging Revis with Sanchez...for someone like a Cassel...
    Whoever mentioned that on WFAN as a trade idea should be fired today. Stupid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of getting younger at the LB position 3 years ago, Wrecks stays with Harris, Pace and Scott.
    Yeah Rex should have ditched his entire LB Corps immediately after almost getting to the Super Bowl and having a top 5 defense. What an obvious move that is not the product of some kid on mommy's laptop with hindsight 3 years later.

Instead of benching Sanchez early in the season (which he should have), Wrecks stays with the worst starting QB in the league through week 14.
    Obviously you didn't see McElroy start and suck goat balls. Tebow? He should be kissing Rex's ass for not playing him in this supporting cast and ruining his career.

Wrecks needs to grow a set of balls or this will be his last season as a NFL HC.
    Glad to see your so concerned about the Jets. Maybe you should relax and spend more time with gf Rosie Palmer.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. The funny thing is I get accused of being a Sanchez apologist. I'm not , I wasn't enamored with him coming out of USC early and I'm still not sure if he can progress past mediocre, furthermore, I still question his leadership qualities(too laid back). Bottom line though, I realize the offensive shortcomings of the Jets is rooted in Rex's desire to run the G&P and their ability to stock that side of the ball with quality players. It just boils my blood when so many here just want to be so narrow focused and only blame the QB.
    Couple of thoughts,Matt Moore is going to get paid ,He played good for the fins two yrs ago and still played decent against the Jets this yr. Too many teams are weak at qb ,with cap room.
    Sanchez will start ,I read something the other day from Rex about how Mark should have goosebumps over the new OC. What scares me the most is Mark could go out and have a yr where he throws 22 tds,14 ints and a 56% comp. rate and we might have to keep him always knowing he is only an very average at best qb.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Couple of thoughts,Matt Moore is going to get paid ,He played good for the fins two yrs ago and still played decent against the Jets this yr. Too many teams are weak at qb ,with cap room.
    Sanchez will start ,I read something the other day from Rex about how Mark should have goosebumps over the new OC. What scares me the most is Mark could go out and have a yr where he throws 22 tds,14 ints and a 56% comp. rate and we might have to keep him always knowing he is only an very average at best qb.
    Bottom line he's the QB this year in part because of his salary and the Jets cap situation. Next year that cap hit is much less of an albatross, If he bombs this year or is even mediocre the Jets will have much more flexibility to upgrade the position. If he takes to this offense and plays like some of us hope he can in a true WCO then he may stay beyond.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    To be fair though Mark walked into one of the best run games in the league and the #1 OL. We then traded to give him weapons at WR they just all sucked.
    When Mark was a 22 year old rookie, we had a great running game, OL, and WR's.

When Mark was a 25 year old 3rd & 4th year veteran, we had nothing.

It's as simple as that.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    I read something the other day from Rex about how Mark should have goosebumps over the new OC.
    "Goosebumps"??? WTF??? The only thing Rex should be saying about Mark right now is HE MUST IMPROVE!!! Freaking "goosebumps" over a new OC? I wonder if Lombardi or Parcells ever made a comment like that? Makes me wonder if the speculation of a three-way after the tattoo unveiling is true!
    Last edited by Flushing Roots; 01-27-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has only gotten worse...much worse...I feel he will be on the roster in 2013 but not as the #1 QB......He cannot be a starter due to just his salary....another QB on the roster will beat him out. Too many jobs are on the line to sit and watch him stink up the joint like he did in 2012...he played as bad as any QB I had ever seen....I just cannot see a nother year of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Mark was a 22 year old rookie, we had a great running game, OL, and WR's.

When Mark was a 25 year old 3rd & 4th year veteran, we had nothing.

It's as simple as that.

SAR I
    Precisely ... He is not , nor will he ever be ... A QB that can carry this team anywhere ... He is a supporting player ... Which is why he needs to be gone yesterday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm becoming convinced that the Jets can sign a reliable backup QB that completes every pass in training camp and through the preseason while scoring hundreds of touchdowns and this regime will still name Mark Sanchez the starter.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about waiting to see what happens? Half of you say Sanchez will eb the starter...the other half says no.....Our new GM has not mentioned a lick of a commitment ot any QB....yeah I see Sanchez onthe roster in 2013 but not as a starter. To thoes saying that he can turn it around.....I just do NOT see that happening. I know he had squat to work with on the field but that does not give an excuse to make HORRID decisions and throws. To those saying Rex still has his back....what are you basing it on? Rex knows his job is on the line. The "Mark gives us the best chance to win" Jive is gone.

No one knows how the 2013 season will pan out but I am not going to just assume that the season is already in the toilet. We have not seen the players that will eb drafted, or the Revis trade (I think it will happen). This roster will look quite different from 2012 with a very competent OC.....that can make a difference in one year.